Author Topic: Hot Fix Update 2014-23-10  (Read 9029 times)

Antonio001z

Thankyou for sorting out the kick issue so quickly, also where can i take my suggestions?? i have an idea for a great game mode

Majatek

Feel free to post that idea to the Game Design subforum (be sure to search for whether there may already be a thread about it though! It helps if we consolidate threads that have the same ideas as it makes it easier to keep track of all of them). :)

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/board,27.0.html
YouTube - Twitter

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Dela

Maybe for next update try to improve performance when you play multiplayer

I did some testing on lowish settings ( because multiplayer doesn't work on high) and here are my results for figure 8 track

16 players on multiplayer figure 8 track

Avg: 80.706 - Min: 62 - Max: 133

15 ai cars + me on single player

Avg: 130.982 - Min: 71 - Max: 265

also even in the lobby room frame rate halves when people come back from racing ( well actually it even dips to 5 or so momentarily )

If i try to use higher settings that work fine on single player ( not all of them shadows kill my fps) i get something like 25 on multiplayer and 70 on single player (average)

I have seen similar issues on all servers but it's worse on figure 8 and oval track

Why is that and are you planning on improving that ?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 01:37:38 AM by Dela »
AMD FX-8320 @ 4.05GHz
16GB Ram
Radeon 390
Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD
1TB WD
500GB Seagate
320GB Seagate
Corsair Obsidian 750d
Custom loop : Hydor Seltz L20, 12mm tubings, Ek Supermacy and Black Ice Pro2 
24" 1080p

Miau

this game getting better and better, thx for updates, hope it will be final soon ^^

i ve some problems with wreckfest, i dont like the antialiasing, its somehow strange, and my eyes hurts x.x
i cant set antialiasing in my driver options, only game antialiasing works o.O and it looks like gta4, i ve a  r7 260x

and other problems, there are lags in game its sometimes like i m driving against a wall in multiplayer and i cant host
i think its problem of my router, must open ports, but i m to lazy, hope you can fix that too :D

saving of car tunning would be great, if i restart the game the tunning options are reseted ^^''

rauf00

Lot of positive changes, happy to see that Next....WRECKFEST is coming in right direction.  8)

FOV regulation, nice FFB and look rear make it again very playable, thanks Bugs!

The Very End

Posting my two ideas here, one specially for the camera:

So, still I think the camera is still to forced on the forward axis of the car, meaning that if you spin fast it gets all messed up / hard to know whats going on / lose focus of the crash itself (eyecandy so on so on).  The way the reverse cam works is actually pretty much PERFECT for how the chase veiw (forward) veiw should be. It's smoth, and allows the car in front of it to spin to a certain degree before retuning back to it's normal axis / position. It looks smooth and good!

Are there any way Bugbear to do changes to this? Or at least let us somehow mod the game files to allow camera hacks, since I'm kind of disapointed that I dont seem to look the nice crashes that happens to me since when doing a barrelroll or whatever the camera shakes so hard and follows the car's so much that I can't make up what's going on.

Total Destruction game mode:

Why? Because it's wreckfest, because we don't need god damn reasons to get 'recked to oblivion!
Beeing a child of the 90's I still remember a certain game with an unforgiving game mode, called Total Destruction. In this mode every AI controlled car would try to make your day bad, and the soul reason to play this mode was to survive as long as possible. THIS GAME NEEDS THIS! Man oh man, think of 23 cars aiming for you, and the only thing you can do is to run away! :D It could be a great single or multiplayer (local) mode, where you have scoreboards and so on!

Or if this does not work, implent a survivor mode, much like what was found in "Driver". Here the goal is the same, but it's on normal tracks. The AI cars get a speed increase and you really have to utilize the track / terrain to survive long.

Gogo team Bubbear, from now on known as team RECK!

Doink

Its so nice :)

crazychris4124

So what can we expect in the next update?

Jori Virtanen

The next patch will come pretty soon, actually! We're busy working on fixing the lag issues and are doing a lot of playtesting to see what still needs to be done.
The next big build? Probably not before Christmas.
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

Keras

The next patch will come pretty soon, actually! We're busy working on fixing the lag issues and are doing a lot of playtesting to see what still needs to be done.
This makes me sad :'(
I guess you also can`t tell us anything about what you have planned for the next big build yet?

Purple44

It going be over 3 months before we get a new car or new track?  :o

No new Build until next year?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Thanks for the info!  And I am assuming the AI in single player will not be fixed until next year as well?
Because single player mode at the moment is really not that fun. obviously really bad at the moment, as all you guys at BB know.

Lari Fari

I would be ok with that. Don't have lots of time to play anyways unfortunately.

But when you say big builds, does that mean a smaller build could be possible rather soon?

Because here are things I hope you would do as soon as you can:

- an updated version of sandpit1. Its probably my favorite track, even as it is now. Would be even better if all objects had collision, a little texture and some more boulders and or machinery to prevent cutting corners and voilà, I'll be set for the winter (which is coming btw ;-) ) GOT reference that is sooo adequate these days here in Germany... :D

- add reset timer options. That would increase my enjoyment of the game right away! :)

One thing that does make me wonder, is that you said builds will come more frequetly after build 6. Has anything changed in your plans, or did you just mean there will be more patches?
Gaming Since 1989

Jori Virtanen

One thing that does make me wonder, is that you said builds will come more frequetly after build 6. Has anything changed in your plans, or did you just mean there will be more patches?

I did mean updates, which has indeed happened. Six hotfixes since Build #6 and the seventh is well on its way :)
Bigger builds, naturally, take a lot longer to mature, as you can't pull major features in a space of a few weeks. We're unsure whether or not we can make a Build #7 before Christmas or will we just do bug fixing so that the current build is as smooth as it can be. The holidays are just perfect for multiplaying, so pushing patches out so that it's as little broken as an early access game at this stage can be would make sense. On the other hand,... new stuff! New stuff is cool! :)

Anyway, we'll see how it goes.
Your friendly neighborhood game designer

sam223

Speaking of Christmas/early January Jori. Have you guys thought about some sort of tournament to celebrate online being finished. January is the time of the yearly Civil war banger racing team meeting here in the UK. North (white) vs South (red) split into 3 categories (tanks - unlimited, infantry - under 2.0L, light brigade - under 1300).

Im sure something similar 12 vs 12 would go down well in game.

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 16gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120/500gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Logitech pad

Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2