Author Topic: FPS drop using steering wheel (know issue) *devs plz fix :<*  (Read 2202 times)

RocketBunny

Know issue that i would love to get fixed for this game is the FPS drop that accurs when using an old steering wheel like Microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback. (known to be more) but this just drives me nuts sinse the wheel works with all of the flatout games i wounder why it dont work for NCG:W it only works with keybord for me. And it so frustrating driving with a keybord when you have been playing with a racing wheel for every racing game. (lower the quality does not help it)

This might have been stated before by the devs or the community but i would REALLY wish that the devs could fix this. my wheel even worked on their "10 year old" game they realesed for free for us to download a while back.

Please DEVS fix this :(
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein

Staplerbutt

Get a wheel from this century. They work fine for me and tons of other people.

RocketBunny

Why buy a wheel for 2k when i have a perfectly working wheel? does not make any sense...

Staplerbutt

$2,000? On what planet does a wheel cost that much? Get a DFGT.

>when I have a perfectly working wheel

If it worked perfect you wouldn't have made this thread.

RocketBunny

$2,000? On what planet does a wheel cost that much? Get a DFGT.

>when I have a perfectly working wheel

If it worked perfect you wouldn't have made this thread.

This is the only game it causes FPS drop... how is it NOT working? all the other games i play it works perfectly on.

And yes if you want a quality steering wheel were i live it will cost around 2k in swedish crowns...

sam223

It could be a driver conflict issue.Have you tried googling your wheel for recent official or unofficial drivers?
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RocketBunny

It could be a driver conflict issue.Have you tried googling your wheel for recent official or unofficial drivers?

I have the latest driver for the wheel. so far as i know

Tapio Vierros

Does the FPS drop go away if you go to game's settings -> Advanced -> Wheel 1 and turn Feedback Strength to 0%?

RocketBunny

Does the FPS drop go away if you go to game's settings -> Advanced -> Wheel 1 and turn Feedback Strength to 0%?

No it does not sadly. it only happens when i press my pedals to not when i steer or press the buttons on the steering wheel.

The Inquisitor

This was a problem for me early on and there was a folder you could delete that fixed it, but I can't find the thread with the solution in now.

edit.

Here you go, this fixed it for me.

"Have you tried this: Remove the user data generated by the previous build by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing the folder labeled ‘next car game pre-alpha’."
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:11:53 PM by The Inquisitor »

RocketBunny

This was a problem for me early on and there was a folder you could delete that fixed it, but I can't find the thread with the solution in now.

edit.

"Have you tried this: Remove the user data generated by the previous build by navigating to [STEAM INSTALLATION FOLDER]/userdata/[USER ID]/228380/local and removing the folder labeled ‘next car game pre-alpha’."

I dont know who you are or who made the tread but THANKS it acctualy did fix it for me! thank you so much!

The Inquisitor

edit.

I dont know who you are or who made the tread but THANKS it acctualy did fix it for me! thank you so much!

It was one of the devs that posted the original solution I think, glad it worked.   :D