Author Topic: Randomizer mode  (Read 1162 times)

Adenru

I've already written about this idea in some topic, but now I've decide to talk specificly about it.

Mode idea:
Cars and car parts and tracks are picked randomly for each player, than player can see what's he got there (preferable others should see it too) than random track is picked.
Of course boudaries of randomness are set by host.
Not very competitive game mode but shoul be a lot of fun (I hope you did play TF2 Randomizer, because if you didn't, you didn't play TF2) and should also resolve a lot of problems like multiplayer stagnation aka "de_dust 2 syndome" like when you are only able to find cirlce with muscle 2 cars racing there.

I think this haven't been done in any racing game at all.

Phil43

I have to say, I absolutely love this idea. Never thought of this in a racing game, but I can imagine I would spend hella lot of time playing this mode. Great idea  :D

Purple44

I've already written about this idea in some topic, but now I've decide to talk specificly about it.

Mode idea:
Cars and car parts and tracks are picked randomly for each player, than player can see what's he got there (preferable others should see it too) than random track is picked.
Of course boudaries of randomness are set by host.
Not very competitive game mode but shoul be a lot of fun (I hope you did play TF2 Randomizer, because if you didn't, you didn't play TF2) and should also resolve a lot of problems like multiplayer stagnation aka "de_dust 2 syndome" like when you are only able to find cirlce with muscle 2 cars racing there.

I think this haven't been done in any racing game at all.

I've wanted a random track, random car mode since Flatout 1. We did random track mode for FO1 but did not happen for FO2 community mod. The closest I get to seeing random car mode online is each player in my Flatout 1 or 2 host, get a turn to pick a car they want to race.

Not sure how well a random car for each player in races would go over, Would make the racing unbalance if got stuck in a slow car. In races, I think it better that game pick a random car for all players to use in the next race.

Now in a derby, random car for each player might workout OK, players would use different strategy depending on the car derby player gets. In Flatout 2, we got tired of the Canyon, so would pick other cars and target any player using a Canyon. Will the Sedan become the new Canyon in Wreckfest? But have to say the Sedan is not as dominate in a derby like the Canyon was in Flatout 2. So no need to weaken the Sedan, it fine the way it is now. I have won last man standing derbys with the mini Euro against Sedans online.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

knabbelmoord

I'm digging the 'randomizer'! Also the random car for each player idea. Can change the multiplayer completely! If you have the european little car for example in a derby, you won't have to crash in cars but dodge them for a change, should be good fun on lan-parties!  :P Heck, i think that this would be the mode i would play the most!
'When in doubt, flat out!' - Colin Mcrae

dbs213

If it adds variety to lobbies, why not?
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Adenru

Is it possible to create now with current mod tools? I'd sure like to see it official but ideas like this usually don't end up in official releases.
It would've spice things out in multiplayer where people choose same A class cars over and over again.