Author Topic: Map Destruction  (Read 1387 times)

dbs213

One thing that I liked about Motorstorm was that the track elements could be taken advantage of to take the lead.

Examples would be the avalanches and ice bridges in Arctic Edge.

Maybe shove someone into a truck with a claw handling construction materials or logs and cause the objects to obstruct (or even crush ;D) the competition. I do believe this one was already done on Flatout 2, but it wasn't really that easy to do so.

Maybe cause the roof of a barnhouse to fall on someone who was dumb enough to follow you in there.

On this video, they said something about being able to crash into a building and destroying it. It should open up new possibilities in map destruction.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 02:24:12 PM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Purple44

For a couple my tracks for Flatout 1 and 2, I made some objects extra heavy so they would do some extra damage.  ;)

Flatout Crush
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Cinder

There should be 1 or few maps like in FO2 and FOUC where the AI fails a bit, like they keep crashing in the walls and gets wecked without destroying them by yourself, maps like that were Water Canal 2, Downtown 2 (if i remember right) and sometimes Downtown 3

X

For a couple my tracks for Flatout 1 and 2, I made some objects extra heavy so they would do some extra damage.  ;)

Flatout Crush

I HATED the heavy objects you placed in Bunker OC. Those excavators screwed me over more times than I can count.

But heavy objects I think are a good thing to have, especially realistically heavy objects instead of 2-ton vehicles being thrown around like they were made of plastic.