Author Topic: logical respawn...  (Read 3654 times)

CAMOXA

make optional respawn at least, on/off...
I would hate situations, where you want to hit the car, and it suddenly disappears...

Janne Suur-Näkki

You mean when you're about to crash into someone but zoom right through because they're just respawned?

We're currently looking to have respawning as an option that the host can configure.

Purple44

I would hate situations, where you want to hit the car, and it suddenly disappears...

But, but respawning\resetting in a derby, especially when on your top or stuck, save my butt a few times!!  ;)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

But, but respawning\resetting in a derby, especially when on your top or stuck, save my butt a few times!!  ;)

Not exactly fair in online matches.
But is a catalyst in offline derbies  ::)
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

AltS7

Can you recall situations other than flipped or stuck cars. I think that when you hit them online you don't act like a man fair.
And about your car... Well, even with perfect collision & geometry of models your car may stuck.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 04:05:08 PM by AltS7 »

Usmovers_02

I'm not sure you should be able to reset immediately after rolling over. If you rolled over it's either your fault or somebody else got a good hit on you.

AltS7

For me hitting flipped/stuck players is like "jackals" gameplay. Something similar was in FOUC's arcade derby where you get points only after full destruction of other car. Remember penult challange in Carnage Mode where you drive Chili? The only way to win it is to take 'ram' bonuses or hunt for wicked cars.

Mopower

Not exactly fair in online matches.
But is a catalyst in offline derbies  ::)
Getting stuck is part of a derby. It happens. So you gotta pay the consequences. However, when you're rolled over, it is nice to be able to reset. But just being stuck or on top of a car, I don't think you should get to respawn

• AltS7

Mopower
    I agree with you. Also in FlatOut car may stuck in an unnatural way (on the stadiums fence for example)... I hope with that new destruction system, breakable objects (& so on) there won't be many bugs with collision.

Purple44

I'm not sure you should be able to reset immediately after rolling over. If you rolled over it's either your fault or somebody else got a good hit on you.

I agree that reset should not be immediately after rolling over or getting stuck. In Flatout 2, there a bit of delay before reset option pops on screen. I would be OK if Bugbear made it a tad longer.

In the Community mod for FO2, the reset was delayed a little longer so guys racing could not use reset as a quick way to get back on track if they screwed up.

Codemasters screwed up with GRID 2 online, with Flashbacks that let griefers get right back on the track after crashing into someone, usually respawning in front of the person they crash.  >:(
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Cinder

What about when you fly out of the map in online derby and you can't reset and there is no time limit.... Bad situation or what?

Usmovers_02

Well... that's why you'd have... a respawn button.

Iwasawa

I should have a timer or something, because online many players wait you neary hit him and then pfff, resets himself. I would be good if you would be able to choose between free reset, timer or off.
    BTW for the previous comment, usually you get resetted automatically when you fly out from the map, in parking lot derby you dont even have to fly out, hitting the wall in some points is enough to get resetted.

GladoSC

Slightly OT but about respawning.

What style is NCG going to have? FlatOut 1 style (you have to gain your speed back from 0) or FlatOut 2 style (when you respawn your car is already moving). Would be awesome to be able to toggle one of these so everyone would be happy.
    « Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 02:32:52 AM by GladoSC »

Satsuma182

Making that mode specific would be fine,

For races a small delay before you can reset for being on your roof, off circuit or stuck on debris after all you have to pay the consequences of the crash and then your car is reset at a moderate speed on track.

In derby it just shouldn't be possible to go out of the arena so only having the option to reset if your on your roof would be better and when you do you are respawned sat idle meaning you would have to build your own speed to hit someone instead of being assisted for a hit after you respawn.