Author Topic: THE CLUTCH with manual transmission is a MUST option  (Read 5067 times)

Laalbz

pleeeeeease Bugbear!!!??!!
AMD FX-8350@4.3mhz
ASUS STRIX R9 Fury
16GB DDR3 1866mhz

rhamm

I'm just tired of the crappy double clutching that goes on now while the AI cars drive off.
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Kompressor

Yeah, really wanted to use my own clutch pedal with H-shifter. Still impatiently awaiting for it to be implemented))

CapnFlappyJaw

Bumping this. It sucks not having a clutch. I still find myself "using" it when shifting gears (it's not my fault, my daily is a 5-speed) and it sucks when you need to give your car a little bit of a rpm boost, and shifting from one gear to neutral and back takes a lot more time than engaging the clutch for a half second. It's not a necessity but it would be a really great feature that would definitely improve the game
Intel i5 4660k @4.0 Ghz, MSi GeForce FTX 1070 Overclocked, 24 GB RAM, Win 10 Pro, 256GB SSD, 3TB HHD, 500 GB HHD, G27 (Wanting to trade/sell for a G920)
YouTube, maybe? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChQQDWPEdmui0Vfo-yN2ZNA

Laalbz

Bugbear!!! We need a clutch doods... are you planning on giving us one or just waiting for a modder to do it?
AMD FX-8350@4.3mhz
ASUS STRIX R9 Fury
16GB DDR3 1866mhz

Sycose Sylum

+ 1

Please Add Clutch Support. Just purchased the game a few weeks ago. Very disappointed to find no clutch support. A clutch adds a tremendous dynamic to driving.
System: i7 5930k, 32GB RAM
3 x 980GTX (SLI), SSDs - Samsung 1TB and 500GB
43" Monitor 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz (Dell P4317Q)
30" Dell 3008-WFP Focus Display
Wheel: TM T300RS, Fanatec Clubsport v3 Pedals, Fanatec SQ 1.5 Shifter

Edqar

+1
This game stays at shelf so long it is missing clutch.

Ak1504

Totally agree... This game needs an manual clutch... @Team Bugbear: So any infos/respond on this topic ?
Intel i7-4770K - Corsair H100i - Gigabyte Z87X-OC - 16 GB G.Skill Ares DDR3-2400Mhz -
EVGA GTX 780 ACX SC - BeQuiet L8 CM 630 - Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB -
WD Caviar Green 1500GB - Zalman MS 800 Plus - Roccat Isku - Roccat Kone XTD - Fanatec CSR

kickstart

Clutch is a real must have in a racing game like this.

kettu31

It is weird to use H pattern without clutch, why is it even made possible. Vote for clutch support obviously.
And at the same time I would like to emphasize need of VR support too!

eje005

It really is needed.  After manually shifting in all my racing sims, coming to Wreckfest and not having it is a huge let down.  Heel-toeing and shifting skills are half the fun of racing games.  Sometimes I ghost it just to pretend even though it does nothing in game, but it never feels right.

rhamm

I don't understand why the game won't let me shift before the race starts but leaves the transmission in neutral.  It annoys me to no end that there's STILL not at least an auto clutch so I can start the race in gear when using a manual transmission.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 02:31:04 PM by rhamm »
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

djfil007

I agree 100%.  I'm sad to admit, I play in automatic mode due to lack of realistic gearbox.  Sequential doesn't feel right in these cars, and h-pattern without clutch is just wrong.
Win 10 | i5-3570K | 8GB RAM | GTX 970 4GB | 256GB SSD | 3x 24" 1080p Monitors
"SW20" SimuCUBE OSW | CSR Elite Pedals | Thrustmaster TH8A | 7" LCD Z1 SimDash

Majatek

The functionality support is already built-in at a base level (Bugbear already stated that support for clutch is practically already there - it just needs to be actually added), but yes.

+1 from me for clutch with manual transmission. I recently managed to get myself a wheel/pedals/H-pattern shifter sim setup, and it feels really incomplete without needing to use the clutch. Perhaps even make it so that if you fail to use the clutch while shifting gears, a horrible grinding sound comes from your car, and damage is added to your car's health. Fail using the clutch enough and your car will become too damaged to race anymore, and the event will end with a DNF!
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Laalbz

+1 for clutch
AMD FX-8350@4.3mhz
ASUS STRIX R9 Fury
16GB DDR3 1866mhz