Author Topic: THE CLUTCH with manual transmission is a MUST option  (Read 5648 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Already posted this in that other thread but notice anything out of place? :)

INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

Paul_B

Hi Janne,

Good to see clutch now added  :)

Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Majatek

Sweet! :D

Hopefully there's some game mechanics added that damages your car if you change gears improperly with clutch and manual shifting (ie: the car doesn't change to the new gear if the clutch isn't used, and as for long as the gear stick is in the wrong gear damage is added until you DNF).
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Heddly

Hopefully there's some game mechanics added that damages your car if you change gears improperly with clutch and manual shifting (ie: the car doesn't change to the new gear if the clutch isn't used, and as for long as the gear stick is in the wrong gear damage is added until you DNF).

I use the clutch with iRacing and it seems to prevent you from shifting if the clutch is not timed right. I haven't noticed any problems that you mentioned.

Are there other games that penalize you for an improper shift? I think it would be a bit too Sim oriented for Wreckfest.

Majatek

Well, it's all down to game balance - so while I can suggest things, it's up to the developers as they know what they're doing. So long as I get to hear a horrible grinding noise with an improper gear change (that continually makes the grinding sound until you correct the shift) in manual+clutch mode, I'll be happy. :P

So yeah, maybe a bit too sim-like, so I guess we'll have to wait and see!
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Janne Suur-Näkki

When using manual with clutch there will be a slight delay if the clutch is not engaged properly before shifting, we don't want to make it too penalizing when compared to not using the clutch.

And sure we need a scary grinding noise too just to make it sure you don't do it too often :)
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

St. Jimmy

When using manual with clutch there will be a slight delay if the clutch is not engaged properly before shifting, we don't want to make it too penalizing when compared to not using the clutch.

And sure we need a scary grinding noise too just to make it sure you don't do it too often :)
I would say make it so you damage the engine sector if you make bad shift. Engine sector damage doesn't have effect on performance or health.
Another option would be that it gives X amount of HP damage.

Options for those type of things for modders would be very welcome. Please come up with something we can play around ;)
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Paul_B

Assetto Corsa has shift protection will hold you in neutral until clutch pressed correctly. Can see there are shift options on menu, so anyone can play what ever their preference.
Intel Xeon quad v3-1220@3.1ghz/ASUS Z97-A
Nvida GTX 960 2gb/16gb HyperX ram/Windows 10/ Thrustmaster TX Leather/ T3PA /G27 Shift

Rocket455Man

Hi!

I want to jump in gears. I am the trucker.  8)
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro