Author Topic: Soundtrack Ideas  (Read 63022 times)

nophysics

Why not Poets of The Fall. They have solid experience with game soundtracks. See Alan Wake or Rochard.
More finnish music for finnish game!

YES

X

And I loved the music y'all did in the trailer. Anything new would be amazing, even like an extended version of the teaser video soundtrack.

RacerBest

Why not Poets of The Fall. They have solid experience with game soundtracks. See Alan Wake or Rochard.
More finnish music for finnish game!

YES

No! I hate that band.  :D

nophysics

Fall Out Boy new album in April 16 :)
First single available now
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 08:02:31 PM by nophysics »

Mopower

:-\
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

lastday4u

Tbh when I first started playing FO2 and FOUC, I hated every soundtrack, but by playing it daily, I developed a liking towards them all. So I say we trust BugBear in their choices, once again :)

Cryhavoc – Come with me  much adrenaline with fast songs
Lenin ALIVE!) Play Flatout--Play HARDCORE!
zloyandstrashniy@yandex.ua

ScorpionDriver

Some good ideas on this thread. I believe game soundtrack plays a role (a pretty big one actually).
FO, FO2 and F:UC all had soundtracks fitting the game perfectly, and also welcoming newcomers to the genre.
Watching the fantastic teaser, I still think that Rock, Heavy, Punk etc. would fit best!

Tracks like:
Muse - Plug In Baby
Feeder - Renegades
Rage Against The Machine - Snakecharmer
And other bands like Billy Talent, Green Day and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ...
Up tempo, 'heavy' and some good tunes.

Previous chosen bands like The Riverboat Gamblers, Rise Against and Zebrahead were perfect for the game's atmosphere in my opinion.  :)

Mopower

Some good ideas on this thread. I believe game soundtrack plays a role (a pretty big one actually).
FO, FO2 and F:UC all had soundtracks fitting the game perfectly, and also welcoming newcomers to the genre.
Watching the fantastic teaser, I still think that Rock, Heavy, Punk etc. would fit best!

Tracks like:
Muse - Plug In Baby
Feeder - Renegades
And other bands like Billy Talent, Green Day and Black Rebel Motorcycle Club ...

Previous chosen bands like The Riverboat Gamblers, Rise Against and Zebrahead were perfect for the game's atmosphere in my opinion.  :)
Oi, OI! You have good taste in music!

Olli Teittinen

Hi guys! I was a huge fan of the Flatout 2's all rock soundtrack back in the day. I was just a little kid back then so naturally I wasn't part of the development team. I probably didn't even think about it let alone having a chance to be!

Anyway, great names thrown around over here. I'll have to listen each mentioned song and maybe add them to my playlist! You can find the latest version of it on Spotify: http://open.spotify.com/user/ollitei/playlist/3EHGqL87KzyKQqZDJKXIwD

"Angels Looking Down" by The Generators
"Arise" by Sepultura
"Born To Lose" by Motörhead
"Burning Rubber" by The Carburetors
"Burnout" by The Carburetors
"Caught In A Mosh" by Anthrax
"Come And Take It" by Wolftrap
"Crackalacka" by Left Lane Cruiser
"Fuel" by Metallica
"Hate To Say I Told You So" by The Hives
"Hell Yeah" by Rev Theory
"Here Come The Pigs" by Gluecifer
"Lady Killer" by Priestess
"Last Ride" by Asylum On The Hill with Danko Jones
"Raccoon Eyes" by Priestess
"Riot Act" by Exodus
"Straight Ahead" by Pennywise
"Super Charger Heaven" by White Zombie
"Take Em Out" by Rev Theory
"Tick Tick Boom" by The Hives
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 10:07:30 PM by Olli Teittinen »

ScorpionDriver

Tracks like:
Muse - Plug In Baby
Feeder - Renegades

Oi, OI! You have good taste in music!

Thank you! Since you're recognizing this, it must mean that your taste in music is epic too!

Mopower

Zebrahead- Falling Apart

Rescue Me

I dig Zebrahead. What do you guys think?

Billy Talent is a bit more of a punk, or what ignorance calls "Emo" but I also enjoy their music.

Red Flag:

Rive Below:
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 03:02:15 AM by Mopower »

dbs213

I've got my own picks that should fit in...

Course of Nature - Wall Of Shame (
)
A Day To Remember - I'm Made Of Wax Larry, What Are You Made Of? (
)
Rise Against - Prayer Of Refugee (
)
Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit (
)
Madina Lake - Never Take Us Alive (
)
Rage Against The Machine - Bulls On Parade (
)
Living Color - Cult Of Personality (
)
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Fyshokid

Uh oh. I was never much of a fan of the FlatOut soundtracks. While the songs eventually grew on me, I still very much prefer electronic music, including genres like House and Drum 'n' Bass (I don't like Dubstep), so, knowing that I'll probably be hated forever by most of the people who have already posted in this thread, here's a short list of songs I'd like to see in FlatOut 4/whatever you're calling it:

Dirtyphonics - Tarantino

DJ Shadow - High Noon (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Dancing Pigeons - Brushfield Spots (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
The Prodigy - Warrior&;s Dance (Embedding disabled, limit reached)
Mr. Oizo - Tweeter Trouble (Embedding disabled, limit reached)

Katze

hello  :)

why not Nirvana - Smells Like Teen Spirit ?