Author Topic: LanParty multiplayer without internet access?  (Read 6384 times)

exibar

Is it possible to play Flatout2 in a LanParty without any internet access?

I'd love to dd Flatout2 to our game rotation for a boyscout Lanparty coming up.  Is there a dedicated server I can setup or is it just one system that will host the game?

Is it possible to download Flatout2 to use at a lanparty?

again, there will be zero internet access during the LanParty...  I'd love to add in Flatout2 as the racing game :-)

thanks all!
  Mike B

Purple44

Flatout 2 has a solid LAN mode. One computer will set up as the host and set hosting options, then other players click the join button and should see name of player hosting Flatout 2 on the LAN.

Go Multiplayer> then scroll over to 3rd icon to start a LAN mode:

Here my 3 computers in a Flatout 2 LAN host:

If want to spice up your Flatout 2 game, checkout adding the FOJ Community mod:

http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod

Here the patch file I use last time I hosted FO2 with community mod ( parts 1-5+purplepack ):

patch1.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod_Trackpack1.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod_Carpack1.bfs
FOJs_Carpack2_and_updates.bfs
FOJs_Community_Mod_Updates2.bfs
PurplePack.bfs

Also be aware that Wreckfest also has a working LAN mode in it pre-alpha build ( could do 24 player  :o ). But if some computers are on the wimpy side, may have to run Wreckfest in low graphic settings and low resolution.

Purplepack beta for Flatout 2. Part 1

Purplepack beta for Flatout 2. Part 2

Purplepack beta final test. Part3
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 10:51:53 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

exibar

sweet!

Now the only question is... where can I get Flatout2 to download?  I'll have to search fro it a bit, but I don't see a download area here yet.

thanks!
 Mike B

Lari Fari

sweet!

Now the only question is... where can I get Flatout2 to download?  I'll have to search fro it a bit, but I don't see a download area here yet.

thanks!
 Mike B

Its on Steam. :) 9,99 $ atm if I remember correctly.
Gaming Since 1989

Purple44

You got two places to get Flatout 2 for $10:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/2990/

http://www.gog.com/game/flatout_2

If doing a LAN party, might be better to get GOG FO2 so don't have to have Steam running.

If you are not in a hurry to buy Flatout 2 before LAN party, could wait and see if FO2 go on sale and pick it up for $3.

If interested in buying Flatout 1, be warned that GOG FO1 is unpack, which make game unfriendly for adding mods. Steam Flatout 1 is v1.0 and should be patch to euro version 1.1 ( Grrr at Empire Interactive for unloading v1.0 to Steam !!!!! ).
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

exibar

yah, Steam is not an option at all as there will be no internet access that night....

I'll take a look at the GOG.com version and see wht can be done....

thanks!
  Mike B

Rickeygab

The internet has existed for 25 years of the 200,000 years humans have existed. Im fairly sure that not having a privilege that no one had for 99.999875 of existence isnt even that bad.