Author Topic: BeamNG Drive  (Read 21931 times)

QuesGold

pickup

Mopower

RacerBest

Looks like photoshop because the outlines of the car are white, like it has been cut out from it's original background.

Mopower

Looks like photoshop because the outlines of the car are white, like it has been cut out from it's original background.

Ya, I'd say so..

On another note... Arrrg, so long waiting for patches in that game. I just want more cars so I can derby them lol

Tonza

Clearly photoshopped.

QuesGold

original

Usmovers_02

I caved in and bought this in anticipation of NCG :D

dbs213

Probably have some Flatout cars converted here now that the game is modded.
Maybe even NCG's cars when someone cracks into the game files
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 16GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 500GB Solid State Drive
======================================
[Insert snarky quote with no context here]

Serenya

I have been wathing this game for a long time, but I'm still not yet sure will it ever have a realistic physics simulation. My little brother has the alpha and I have tried it, too, and have to say that the cars feel like they're made out of rubber... Otherwise the whole game is really funny if not yet very realistic, it's a pleasure to crash things in it. :D
System: i7-4790K | Asus Z97-Deluxe (USB 3.1) | G. Skill Ares 16 GB 2133 DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | 840 EVO (500 GB) | Win 7 64-bit
Input: Logitech G402 | Corsair Vengeance K70
Output: Dell U2515H | Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II | SteelSeries Siberia Elite, Koss PortaPro 2.0 & Superlux HD681 EVO

Mopower

I have been wathing this game for a long time, but I'm still not yet sure will it ever have a realistic physics simulation. My little brother has the alpha and I have tried it, too, and have to say that the cars feel like they're made out of rubber... Otherwise the whole game is really funny if not yet very realistic, it's a pleasure to crash things in it. :D
You need to understand... A crash at 30 mph is the same as pushing your car off of a 3-4 strory building...
The cars bend like they're supposed to. It is entirely realistic aside from the pieces of the cars getting stuck easily... Cars aren't built as strong as what you and many others seem to think...

Serenya

You need to understand... A crash at 30 mph is the same as pushing your car off of a 3-4 strory building...
The cars bend like they're supposed to. It is entirely realistic aside from the pieces of the cars getting stuck easily... Cars aren't built as strong as what you and many others seem to think...

I do understand, and I think the crashes are way more realistic in Drive than in any other game. I meant the jelly effect, and while it doesn't disturb in crashes that much (I know the body acts like that in reality, but there in the game it's just way over the top looking), it really annoys while driving. I can say my car doesn't shake like it was going to rip into pieces when just turning wheels at a speed. In Drive it looks and feels like the front wheels could bend under the car at any time when just cornering... I believe that's not the final game or even a beta, but at its status quo it's not very realistic yet.
System: i7-4790K | Asus Z97-Deluxe (USB 3.1) | G. Skill Ares 16 GB 2133 DDR3 | Asus Strix GTX 970 | 840 EVO (500 GB) | Win 7 64-bit
Output: Dell U2515H | Creative GigaWorks T20 Series II | SteelSeries Siberia Elite, Koss PortaPro 2.0 & Superlux HD681 EVO

KaLul0

I do understand, and I think the crashes are way more realistic in Drive than in any other game. I meant the jelly effect, and while it doesn't disturb in crashes that much (I know the body acts like that in reality, but there in the game it's just way over the top looking), it really annoys while driving. I can say my car doesn't shake like it was going to rip into pieces when just turning wheels at a speed. In Drive it looks and feels like the front wheels could bend under the car at any time when just cornering... I believe that's not the final game or even a beta, but at its status quo it's not very realistic yet.

Sorry to say, but i cant agree at any point. except for the "not final game". That's what it is.
It is still ALPHA. And i think it's realistic.
Still work in progress so we don't need to fight here because Bugbear is reaching for good game-play.
BeamNG on the other hand for realistic physics.
And unless both aren't done, any discussion about how shitty it looks or how shitty it acts is simply
ridiculous!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 04:03:22 PM by KaLul0 »

Serenya

Sorry to say, but i cant agree at any point. except for the "not final game". That's what it is.
It is still ALPHA. And i think it's realistic.
Still work in progress so we don't need to fight here because Bugbear is reaching for good game-play.
BeamNG on the other hand for realistic physics.
And unless both aren't done, any discussion about how shitty it looks or how shitty it acts is simply
ridiculous!

So you can't even agree that the crashes are realistic (comparing to any other game) and you still say it's simply realistic? Seems like you can't simply agree because it was one of my opinions, but yeah, sure you can say that my REAL CAR is one giant jelly and every car out there is just a giant jelly... Have you ever seen a REAL car moving? Because I'm not saying NCG is realistic, I've not even mentioned it before now when you brought it in. I'm not saying that your favorite game looks or acts "shitty", I'm just saying it isn't realistic enough to look or feel realistic. Yet. And I wasn't actually critisizing it at all in my original post, just wondered will it ever be realistic because it has been WIP for so long and still hasn't reached the realistic look in my eyes. So if discussion about the looks or acts of the game still work in progress is ridiculous, why you then join in too?

KaLul0

to bring my point in! :)