Author Topic: C++ crash  (Read 4287 times)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Thanks! It's absolutely helpful.

RedFox

i have exactly same error on my pc.

tried to uninstall and install again with no effect.
the weird thing, on my 2nd pc it runs fine
any suggestions?

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry to hear that. Are you still experiencing the issue after the latest update on 27th of August?

fragba1t

Forums are back!

Still having the same problem here after the update.

RedFox

did a file validation, nothing changed so far. still can play timed challenge but spirit career crashes after car selection with "APPCRASH RIDGE RACER Driftopia_1b97cd5b.exe 0a9e"

edit:  two things we have in common with topic starter are Graphics Card Manufacturer (mine is Radeon HD 5870) and OS (win7 x64). currently i'm using Catalyst Version   13.4 its not the newest one but im not intended to update it this year =)
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 02:49:23 AM by RedFox »

Jani Mäkinen

Hello Fragba1t and RedFox, as part of the programmers here at Bugbear, we would like to help fix this problem.

As I posted on the Steam forums, I would like to request if you could help us with a video taken with either Fraps or some similar software of the crash and the steps leading to the crash (pressing start in the press start screen etc), then this video would help immensely in reproducing the crash at our end and even if we don't get the crash here, we can still look at your video and find the exact place in our code matching your videos crash and fix the bug even faster.

Thanks for reading, we are working on a fix for this bug as we speak.

Yours truly,

Programmer Jani M. @ Bugbear Entertainment

RedFox

simply go to the last 10 sec.  everything else works except no car upgrades for me =(

(can we atleast have an old rusty betatester car? ^_^ )

Janne Suur-Näkki

The bug has proven to be extremely difficult to fix, but we're still working on it, please stay tuned.

Crazyw0lf

Just wanted to report i have the same problem.
Running a Intel i5 2500k/ AMD 7970 ghz on windows 7 x64

Everything is up to date running on catalyst 13.4 driver.

Janne Suur-Näkki

The patch deployed earlier tonight should have fixed the crashing issue, please let us know if this is not the case.

RedFox

yes, finally i can play main mode =)

but now (and it might started with previous update) i get this unplayable acid-mode at random times http://imgur.com/aYLkshx,FKPW8ql,smbYW5v,HSWQUOP,OOn8i9G,s7TOtHg

there's nothing i can find in options to turn it off, the only way to get everything back to normal is to finish the race somehow and reload next or same track again.