Author Topic: Super Slide Racer for Android  (Read 7666 times)

sesamiam

Alrighty then.

Heres the link for Google Play Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namelessdev.SuperSlideRacer

Dunno yet if you can find it via Play Store app but might be..

Enjoy if you can and let me know about any problems or you can always try to suggest some new features :)

I will try to do some documentation for this game asap, so every newbie can get into it easily.

sesamiam

Some documentation and info about the game:
http://www.jotainkivaa.net/ndg/ssr/documentation.php

sesamiam

Seems that there were serious bug in the release version v1.00  :-[
Once you hit the throttle it is automatically on full throttle. Nobody likes autogas, right? This makes the gameplay kind suck so I'm just finishing update v1.01.
In v1.01 theres going to be possibility to submit your fastest laptimes to SSR's website so I'm sure theres going to be some nice laptimes there in the future :)
+ one new track.

Anyways hope that you all can test the game and don't give up if it doesn't feel right at first run

sesamiam

Just finished uploading the update to Play Store. UPDATE SHOULD BE UP AFTER SOME HOURS!!

Seems that I had to use v1.02 version number but hey.

So the new changelog:
- Automatic throttle bug should be gone
- Submit your fastest laptime online, after every race there is a submit button next to your fastest laptime text. Hit that and it should deliver your time to online lists.
- New track: OverTheBridge (now 7 tracks total)

Link to the fastest laptimes online: http://www.jotainkivaa.net/ndg/ssr/laptimes.php

Still have to tweak the car behaviour in some point but that is another story.

But anyways. Enjoy!

sesamiam

v1.03 update is out:

- Added 'Restart race' -button in Exit/Pause-menu

- Added 'Restore defaults' for settings
(Restore if you have any problems after each update)

- Added website and facebook links to Info menu

- Added 'Check online laptimes' link to Hall of Fame

- Changed 'Steer sensitive' to 'Steering angle'
(Feel free to adjust the angle from 14 to 32 degrees, test what angle suits for you)

- Adjusted the car behaviour a bit so it doesn't turn so hectic

- Reduced the game install package file size

Go and get it -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namelessdev.SuperSlideRacer

It's not the easiest game out there, you have to practise and practise some more :)

Join the fb group -> https://www.facebook.com/groups/SuperSlideRacer/

And if you can spread the word..

And also would like to have some feedback otherwise I just think that Aero is the only one playing this game.. :D

Cheers!

sesamiam

v1.04 is out:
- One new track: 'Manzo'
- Fixed shortcut from 'OverTheBridge' track
- Added possibility to change language (English and Finnish atm. More to come!)
- Few graphical changes for UI

Try it out! It's free :D

sesamiam

v1.05 is out: (Should be out today when ever Play Store updates)
- Added more languages: Spanish, French, Portuguese (Let us know about translation errors)
- Submitting laptimes follows version numbering (Use latest version to submit)
- You can now 'update' your online laptime (updated if its faster)
- After race there should be 'Fastest Online Laptime' displayed (If network connection is present)
- Fixed shortcut from 'OverTheBridge' track (Now it's really fixed)
- Few graphical changes for UI
- Car might be a bit faster now so let's bust those laptimes!!

Try it!! I would if I were you.. :)

sesamiam

Some vehicle testing..

Just started to make the FULL version of the game..

WorldofBay

not my type of games, i don't like touchscreen key games... but i could help you for a german translation if you want one. just ask per pm for translations. (mostly google translate will do but not everywhere)

problems/bugs i found in few minutes:
1. buttons sometimes don't react when lagging.
2. changing settings during the race doesn't get saved -> after restart setting reset
3. after a click on "show final results" bots don't get points any more, they finish with 0 although last place would give 3. human cheating, eh? also i noticed that the blue car was called "Mr. Yellow" then, is that supposed to be?
4. and last but not least: no pad support >:( (for mobile phones like sony xperia play)
doesn't need analogue input, would not be fair for fastest laptimes but maybe the arrow keys for steering and x/o for throttle and break?
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

sesamiam

not my type of games, i don't like touchscreen key games... but i could help you for a german translation if you want one. just ask per pm for translations. (mostly google translate will do but not everywhere)

problems/bugs i found in few minutes:
1. buttons sometimes don't react when lagging.
2. changing settings during the race doesn't get saved -> after restart setting reset
3. after a click on "show final results" bots don't get points any more, they finish with 0 although last place would give 3. human cheating, eh? also i noticed that the blue car was called "Mr. Yellow" then, is that supposed to be?
4. and last but not least: no pad support >:( (for mobile phones like sony xperia play)
doesn't need analogue input, would not be fair for fastest laptimes but maybe the arrow keys for steering and x/o for throttle and break?

Cheers for the feedback.

I don't like touchscreen myself too :) I've been thinking of adding bluetooth support for controller but when ever I have time and money to buy some controller I will start adding the support. And could also check on how that sony pad system works..

And thanks for the bug/problem report. Some of those are known and will be fixed in near future :)

As for the translations I would be clad for all the help. All I can offer is your name to be included in credits (in-game).

sesamiam

Testing some motorbike. Had kinda bad first laptime..  :-\

Cono

I bought original Slicks ’n Slide directly from Timo Kauppinen a long time ago, in the early nineties 8)

sesamiam

I bought original Slicks ’n Slide directly from Timo Kauppinen a long time ago, in the early nineties 8)

Yeah me too. Dunno if I still got the disk somewhere..

Lazosa

Good game. Now i have soemthing to play at the university.  :P

sesamiam

Good game. Now i have soemthing to play at the university.  :P

Heh cheers!
Remember to spread the word if you like the game and remember to give it some stars/review at Google Play Store.

Next update should be up asap in near months. I'm also preparing the FULL version which will contain more tracks and vehicles (Free version is ad-supported but no one clicks them anyways :|)..

-Sami