Author Topic: Super Slide Racer for Android  (Read 6479 times)

Aerotactics

Good game. Now i have soemthing to play at the university.  :P

Heh cheers!
Remember to spread the word if you like the game and remember to give it some stars/review at Google Play Store.

Next update should be up asap in near months. I'm also preparing the FULL version which will contain more tracks and vehicles (Free version is ad-supported but no one clicks them anyways :|)..

-Sami

You only get paid if someone clicks the ad? No wonder popular games are full of ads at the worst possible places.

"Oh you want to leave the game? POPUP AD! HA YOU CLICKED IT!"

BrianUK

Heh cheers!
Remember to spread the word if you like the game and remember to give it some stars/review at Google Play Store.

Next update should be up asap in near months. I'm also preparing the FULL version which will contain more tracks and vehicles (Free version is ad-supported but no one clicks them anyways :|)..

-Sami

You only get paid if someone clicks the ad? No wonder popular games are full of ads at the worst possible places.

I had to change my Gameboy Advance emulator because the one I was using had scrolling adverts which murdered the battery in my Nexus 7, so I could play 2 hours before it died. Once I swapped to the ad-free version (which was actually free itself) I was able to get 5+ hours in...

WorldofBay

Heh cheers!

-Sami

usually, yes. that's not fair as in outdoor or tv commercials you get the money even if nobody ever is affected by it. but it is this way. so if you want to support your favorite free services just click on some ads, let them load in the background and then close them. no need to look at what was actually advertised, just be as unfair as they are. :P
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Aerotactics

Heh cheers!

-Sami

usually, yes. that's not fair as in outdoor or tv commercials you get the money even if nobody ever is affected by it. but it is this way. so if you want to support your favorite free services just click on some ads, let them load in the background and then close them. no need to look at what was actually advertised, just be as unfair as they are. :P

Being unfair is not clicking on them, in my opinion.

sesamiam

Heh cheers!

-Sami

Yes that's the way it goes. And it's usually something like 1click/10000users so my current rates are kinda low :D
The thing is that I do hate ads in some level myself and this is the reason that I'm using banner cos theres few other people that must hate the ads also. But this way won't bring much clicks anyways and it's not ideal to make pop-up/full screen ad. I'm sure the rest of my few users would disappear..

Finsku

Ok so I played a while and here's my thoughts:
- reseting car on bridge (OverTheBridge track) your car will reset under the bridge
- speeding after finishing looks funny :3 but it's good idea if waiting AIs
- there's one track where all AIs stucks to walls

There's some bugs but it's great. Maps aren't flat and after jumps car will jump. Waiting more laps and maybe more players, 4 is good but 6 could be crazy with small tracks.

Wrote with phone, sry typos.  :(

^ I'll fix those.. some day

YouTube | Twitter

Lazosa

If the ai resets they make some crazy move where they just spin around.  :D

I think you mean "Kruunu".  :)

WorldofBay

that would be being unfair to the free service provider as they rely on advertisement payments. but clicking on ads with no regard what the ad says makes the ad service pay for no reason which is probably more the way you want.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

sesamiam

- reseting car on bridge (OverTheBridge track) your car will reset under the bridge

There's some bugs but it's great. Maps aren't flat and after jumps car will jump. Waiting more laps and maybe more players, 4 is good but 6 could be crazy with small tracks.

Cheers for the feedback.
Yes that bridge problem is know and is a bit pain in the a** to fix with current reset-system but have to sort it out.

The game basically is 3D so it could be possible to add another camera view but it would require some track work :D Maybe for SSR2 then :)

Purple44

Cheers for the feedback.
Yes that bridge problem is know and is a bit pain in the a** to fix with current reset-system but have to sort it out.

The game basically is 3D so it could be possible to add another camera view but it would require some track work :D Maybe for SSR2 then :)

Don't know how you do your reset points, I ran into this problem doing custom tracks in Flatout 2 where there was a bridge going over the canal. In Flatout 2, cars reset to the spline points that tell the AI where to go. I had to play around with the spline points near the bridge and get cars to reset back before the bridge.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sesamiam

Well each car (even player) got this 'rabbit' point which AI follows and its used to track race position also. This point is also used for reset so I just need to move that point a bit ahead so that we wont reset over or under the bridge which causes the problem. I'm sure I can fix it in near future (at least when my kids go to school again  ??? ) :D

sesamiam

I'm now doing some things for the next update.
Going to possibly add few free tracks and in-app-purchase. Also some translation updates to come.
Aaand some bug fixes.
 :)
No deadline yet..

But if you haven't checked the game yet, please do so.

sesamiam

OK so I have finally done some plans for the next version (and some development also).
After update the game has total 10 free tracks and you can purchase 10 more with in-game coins or with Google Play Store.

At the moment I'm testing in-app purchase with Play store and starting to look that it is working.

Maybe more tracks in the future then...and maybe more cars...or maybe SSR2...we'll see if my work gets some how supported some day.. :)

sesamiam

Hello there!

Just trying to do some finishing touches to the update and finally got a version that can be handed to testers.

So would there be few persons (besides Aero :) ) that would like to do some testing with this game's Android version?
The idea would be to test in-app purchase system (no cost) and of course check that the new tracks are working ok.

Testing requires use of Google Play where the game's test version is loaded for the test team.

I have bunch of other stuff to do until the final version is finished so now would be good time to get those final bugs and maybe add some small 'improvements/ideas'.

but you can PM here or send email if you are interested -> sami.eronen(ät)jotainkivaa.net

sesamiam

Alright.
Been working on update for over half year now and pretty pleased to announce that v1.1 is out now! Still might include some minor bugs (sorry but I'm only one man). Enjoy if you can!!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.namelessdev.SuperSlideRacer

- New Main Menu music by Mattias Östling
- 3 difficulty levels: EASY, NORMAL, HARD
- Up to 7 AI racers
- Added two FREE tracks, 'Tongue' and 'KiemolaShort'
- Added 10 tracks for users to purchase (with Game Coins or Real money)
- Earn Game Coins by racing (3, 5 or 10 track races) or watch a video
- Fixed reset bug on 'OverTheBridge'
- LAPTIMES menu (Hall Of Fame) has now scroll list
- Cars got turning wheels now
- Disabled languages (English as default now)
- Removed main menu ad banner