Author Topic: If there is one thing we would all love in a test track...  (Read 2592 times)

Daystar

That would have to be one awesome big ramp.

Test Track: hence not part of career mode...
A great fun ramp to get some mad air on! you know... just to see how the car holds up after the landing.. if you can even land it correctly as illustrated in the cool vid below.

Team Hot Wheels - The Yellow Driver's World Record Jump (Tanner Foust) | Hot Wheels

Orbotnive T

There was this skewed ramp at the top of a hill on destruction derby 2, a friend and I had great fun trying to keep speed up at maximum while taking the corner before it, losing as little speed as possible and then hitting it at just the right spot with the wheels turned hard left, see what extreme air rolls we could get and how far down the track we crash landed.

There was a loose ratio of speed and angle that provided a smooth corkscrew you could land straight and continue driving from too  :D

skip to 50 secs for example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h2K4c0J-2s

Point being, I'd like to see some side games based on that principle. Yeah a huge ramp like the hot wheels one'd be nice but also some other shapes and sizes for stunts, or just throwing the car around like some sort of elaborate suicide attempt

EDIT: I can see that side games like that probably aren't going to be a thing for various reasons, but I just hope that at some point I'd be able to create some tracks with 'stunt hazards' :)  things you either take for entertainment or make others take, for entertainment  ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:13:33 PM by orbotnive »

Purple44

There was this skewed ramp at the top of a hill on destruction derby 2, a friend and I had great fun trying to keep speed up at maximum while taking the corner before it, losing as little speed as possible and then hitting it at just the right spot with the wheels turned hard left, see what extreme air rolls we could get and how far down the track we crash landed.

There was a loose ratio of speed and angle that provided a smooth corkscrew you could land straight and continue driving from too  :D

skip to 50 secs for example :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h2K4c0J-2s

Point being, I'd like to see some side games based on that principle. Yeah a huge ramp like the hot wheels one'd be nice but also some other shapes and sizes for stunts, or just throwing the car around like some sort of elaborate suicide attempt

EDIT: I can see that side games like that probably aren't going to be a thing for various reasons, but I just hope that at some point I'd be able to create some tracks with 'stunt hazards' :)  things you either take for entertainment or make others take, for entertainment  ;D

If we get Sneak Peek playground version #3 with a track editor when final version of Wreckfest get release, then maybe you can get your wish.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

sam223

Said it before but a ramp rollover gamemode would be nice. Could be adapted for the oval,8 or any of the arenas with different size ramps,or no ramps at all.

www.youtube.com/watch?t=192&v=fzV5JR1Eia4

www.youtube.com/watch?v=anC-5qTv_1k

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Daystar

Cool ideas Sam and them vids are nice  :P

And the test track would be contained within the Wreckfest game it's self of course. no need for a separate of course.
just to much involved to contain a sneak peak game (playground) within Wreckfests game.  and at least one thing however, Jori told us we get to keep them standing gas tanks
for if we want to somehow mod them into the game! yay! I know.... but figuring out how to place them around the tracks  may be a little tricky. we will just have to wait and see.
and 3ds max... heh. expensive as hell 3d app... hope they can make some type of track making tool. after Wreckfest releases. really hope so.

findRED

You could get a "educational student" license for 3ds max good for 3 years.  It's free, but you cannot use it to make money basically.  Just for "learning purposes" which could include making FREE mod content for a game to get "experience in modeling."
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Daystar

You could get a "educational student" license for 3ds max good for 3 years.  It's free, but you cannot use it to make money basically.  Just for "learning purposes" which could include making FREE mod content for a game to get "experience in modeling."

Thanks for that tip findRED!  :D

Just curious how difficult the learning curve would be though.
I may have to look into that after Wreckfest is released.

Tqwen

Maybe I'm weird but I think this game could gain a lot from a user-created content-driven stunt mode. Like the old Stuntman game, I can't remember exactly which one (I know I had it for PS2) that had a biiiig empty stadium you could fill with... things. Then drive around in it and generally cause chaos. Ramps, barns, other cars, etc are all examples I can remember. With the physics system this game has, there's some serious potential for replayability there.

Or, for that matter, a simple utility to have users create tracks. Distance (another early access game I'm in love with) is surviving completely on user-generated tracks right now while the devs polish off the nuts and bolts. I know Bugbear can't just whip up a utility in 3 days to have a full fledged editor, but we've got a pretty good community here that seems more than capable of pumping out quality content to tide us over while Bugbear does the heavy lifting, provided they have access to at least some sort of creation media. Plus, if the community is making stuff, Bugbear doesn't have to (for now) and can focus more on the technical stuff.
i7 4770K - XFX 280x Black Edition - 8GB 2133 Mhz

Axarator

I would also like maybe a big long drag strip off to the side, and maybe cars that have no driver in it to bash around and tease (the euro).
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

C2S

Yeah, a really long straight to find out the top speed of any car, engine and gearing setup, all resistances considered - I wouldn't mind if it was completely untextured and undecorated. Or alternatively, a huge, banked ring of constant radius (not oval).

Currently, the unfinished plains in Sandpit 1 can be used for this, to some extent.