Author Topic: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.5.0 - BMaps made tasty  (Read 47758 times)

Heddly

An UVmap is always the best way to go. Other games offer uvmaps for their cars. [hello BB] It would be a great time saved for the dedicated skinner.

Purple44

And bump again...

Big thanks for Breckfest.exe !

With the Christmas update, most .bmap texture files still open but not the _n ones. It's not really a problem, though, because there isn't much need to edit those ones.

The new mostly blank skin files make it very easy to make templates and also make it very easy to add the rust and scratches that the stock skins have.

I create normal maps with my skins, but I have, on a few occasions, extracted the stock _n.bmaps to see what they look like and compare.

Blank skins do make nice templates and can be used for rust/damage layers, but I'd sure appreciate the efforts of someone out there who has the capability to make UV maps to use as templates as well.

Of course, with the new paint shop color options and Bugbear's decal skins, there'll be less need for making new skins now. Plenty of variety is available already.  8)

But can't do skins like this with the in-game paint tool:   :P

Zebulon55

I sure hope skinners will still make custom skins so I can add them to my track pack mods.  :D

Vin Petrol
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

TT

There are UV maps for the cars before the June build. There might be a link here somewhere.

The skins with _ao_ in the filename can sort of work as UVs but real UV maps are much better.

The blank skin overlays also help as UV maps because they usually have rust or dirt lining the edges of everything.

I found something when painting the wagon and I don't know if it is supposed to be that way or a glitch.
The door flap covering the fuel cap maps to another spot. That spot might be meant to UV map the inside/unpainted part of the door flap. If fixed a skin by copying the painted area over to that other spot (it hovers outside a wheel well).

Stuka217

hello i tried to make a custom paint for the example car mod and i cant get it to work even though i followed what to do on the breckfest.exe and its just screwed up the skin instead

Needles Kane

hello i tried to make a custom paint for the example car mod and i cant get it to work even though i followed what to do on the breckfest.exe and its just screwed up the skin instead

I have not followed what happens in modding lately, but I believe Breckfest is deprecated. Since last release of Bf there has been multiple updates of Wf and little things like official mod support happened.