Author Topic: [TOOL] Breckfest v1.5.0 - BMaps made tasty  (Read 34642 times)

Axarator

A few of the textures don't like to be edited and just give me a purple missing textures when I edit them
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Errol

v1.3.0 released!

Changelog:
Added -c[lutter] commandline option
Fixed red and blue channels becoming swapped when processing \menu\textures\ bmaps

And to answer some questions I've rather rudely ignored so far.
sam223, I think some sort of Mod Manager wouldn't be too difficult to put together.  Once breckfest is more functional I'll have a bit of a play and see what I can come up with.

Matrix404, PSD support would be quite fancy!  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Axarator, bmaps only so far.  I have made some headway with the vhcl/scne format and should be export from Wreckfest in the near future.  Importing INTO Wreckfest will be considerably more difficult but this is my end goal.  Also, could you give me the file names of the purple textures?  They might have some specific requirements I'm not honouring.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 11:42:54 AM by Errol »

sam223

sam223, I think some sort of Mod Manager wouldn't be too difficult to put together.  Once breckfest is more functional I'll have a bit of a play and see what I can come up with.

Axarator, bmaps only so far.  I have made some headway with the vhcl/scne format and should be export from Wreckfest in the near future.  Importing INTO Wreckfest will be considerably more difficult but this is my end goal.  Also, could you give me the file names of the purple textures?  They might have some specific requirements I'm not honouring.
Sounds good.license_c is one which doesn't like to be changed currently
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Errol

license_c is one which doesn't like to be changed currently

Cheers sam, I'll take a look now.

edit:
Ah, looks to be DXT1 whereas I'm generating DXT5s.  I'll add a commandline option to set the compression
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 12:53:59 PM by Errol »

sam223

Nice. Another thing to consider might be a easy way to change base colours.Located in property>cars>paint (.vhcp files). I think they are in a BGR colour format. Would be nice if we could create a transparent one.Then in theory whatever was transparent on the skin texture,would be invisible in game meaning removable trim etc without changing the model.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 01:11:12 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Axarator

v1.3.0 released!

Changelog:
Added -c[lutter] commandline option
Fixed red and blue channels becoming swapped when processing \menu\textures\ bmaps

Matrix404, PSD support would be quite fancy!  I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

ATM I am on my mothers iPad so I can't name the texture of my head exactly but the rollcage, driver seat, drivers texture for what he is wearing and the headlights and back lights (I was trying to make Nissan skyline backlights)

rwb

Big, earnest, direct thanks to both Errol and citizenerased for idiot-proofing the custom skin process. I've had more fun than I thought I would with this.

KingOfTheCakes

Nicely done with this mod! This'll tie me over nicely until the next update. :) Now I've got another use for my tablet:

Maybe we should have a separate thread for skins.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2015, 10:18:06 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Heddly

Thanks so much. This is just what I was needing from the game.
Hoping that editing vehicles and tracks will be next, like FO1 and FO2, with support from BugBear. :)

Errol

Thanks for the kind words everyone and thanks Bugbear for mentioning me on your twitter feed!

v1.4.0 will be out later today, it brings dxt1, 3 and 5 compression options as well as uncompressed image for menus.

I'm also working through the SCNE file format.  I'll post screenshots when I've got something to show.

Purple44

A few of the textures don't like to be edited and just give me a purple missing textures when I edit them

I think Axarator referring to when a Wreckfest car does not find skin file to load, car turn purple. Found this out when messy around with the skin files:

Now that I'm back from vacation, have to see if I can get the number 44 on a skin.

Thanks Errol for releasing your tool.  :D
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Errol

Getting there!

Cornkid

Getting there!

I tend not to post much nowadays, but look at forum everyday, you are a legend for your time spent in Breckfest, many thanks, I really really hope that the update when its finally released doesnt make you have to start from scratch again.
I hope NCG gets the modders interest, as it kept Flatout alive for ages.
Kudos to you m8, and the possibilities of importing stuff into NCG is just awesome, good luck ;)
« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 10:46:00 PM by Cornkid »

Axarator

Getting there!

Are you saying that flummery can be used to edit scne files? Also, I would like to see some kind of GUI and/or a testing client as Breckfest gets more advanced.

Trent

If you mean edit as in move nodes around, alter the hierarchy and so on then yes. If you mean edit as in alter the geometry then no, Flummery doesn't have any features for creating and editing meshes but does allow you to export models to FBX to edit in your favourite 3D package and will allow you to import back into the SCNE file. Errol's only just cracked the vertex format to load and render models, so saving SCNE files isn't possible yet but Errol's making great headway with the file formats so it'll definitely come. The guy is genius when it comes to reverse engineering file formats.