Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 44240 times)

Purple44

I got a custom muscle 2 skin from my pal Heddly ( fringe benefit of knowing a skinner :) ). With a little help, I darken the purple some and added the NO FEAR to the trunk.

A BIG thanks Heddly for the skin!!!!  :D Will have to take some new online video when Build #7 get release.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 05:38:41 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

If anyone needs ideas, I'd like to see a Ravenwest skin.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

CarnageRacing00

http://www.filedropper.com/03american

Hope you like :)

Holy crap!!!! That's AWESOME!!!!!

You're my new favorite person. Here, have all the Likes on the internet, I've been saving them.

Now to stick it in my game.

Thanks again!!!!

Purple44

I receive a new custom skin for the mini euro tonight. Thanks Zeb ( Zebulon55  )  :D

dbs213

Got bored and decided to do my Ravenwest request myself.
I originally wanted to use the Firebird (AM1), but I couldn't get the bird vinyl to fit well even with the UV map guide.
It also doesn't have any actual damage textures.

I'll put up a download link if anyone's interested.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 05:02:18 PM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Zebulon55

I receive a new custom skin for the mini euro tonight. Thanks Zeb ( Zebulon55  )  :D

No problem, Purple. Once I made the red Bandit, simple matter to make the purple Purpetrator (perpetrator) and snot-green Booglar (booger/burglar).
Kind of a comic criminal concept. I Also made a yellow higher contrast version in the process.

My, what big eyes the euro has. I decided to put a bandit mask on it for some skinning fun.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 09:59:03 AM by Zebulon55 »

Matrix404

My, what big eyes the euro has. I decided to put a bandit mask on it for some skinning fun.  ;D

You will be able to see that from a mile away!
i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz, 6 GB DDR3, GTX 760, Win7 64bit, Keyboard

dbs213

Purple44

I wanted to do derby looking skin for the Sedan since it my main derby car. Got the main skin done today. Still need to do damage skin.

I wanted a splatter paint look ( found this - http://drips.nalindesign.com/ ) and then took a screenshot of my monitor and then use it as a layer in Photoshop Elements. Then wanted the lettering to look spay can painted on, so use a brush and did all the lettering by hand. Good thing there an undo button ( Ctrl-Z ) for when my spray paint was off.

Thanks Zeb for Sedan template.  :)

My real life derby car from along time ago at the Yakima Speedway:

I do wonder if Bugbear need to tell the AI cars not to use the 5 stock skins, so don't see your custom skin on the AI cars. Seem the AI have enough extra skins to use. There 16 skins for the Sedan.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 12:01:00 PM by Purple44 »

Zebulon55

I wanted to do derby looking skin for the Sedan since it my main derby car. Got the main skin done today. Still need to do damage skin.

I wanted a splatter paint look ( found this - http://drips.nalindesign.com/ ) and then took a screenshot of my monitor and then use it as a layer in Photoshop Elements. Then wanted the lettering to look spay can painted on, so use a brush and did all the lettering by hand. Good thing there an undo button ( Ctrl-Z ) for when my spray paint was off.

Good job, Purple!
Pretty wild looking.

I'm having trouble with the sedan skin in that I want the horizontal surfaces and roof pillars black, sides of car blue. The UV map posted here lines up with the skin files extracted from the game files (I think I used skin10), but the black, when lined up with the UV map lines, doesn't go all the way to the right side when used in-game.
The black ends half way down the pillars, too. Strange. Guess I'll have to color outside the lines.  ;D

Anyone else have this problem?

sam223

Good job, Purple!
Pretty wild looking.

I'm having trouble with the sedan skin in that I want the horizontal surfaces and roof pillars black, sides of car blue. The UV map posted here lines up with the skin files extracted from the game files (I think I used skin10), but the black, when lined up with the UV map lines, doesn't go all the way to the right side when used in-game.
The black ends half way down the pillars, too. Strange. Guess I'll have to color outside the lines.  ;D

A bit like this?

Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245

dbs213

For Paul (because why not?)

*See You Again by Wiz Khalifa playing from a distance*
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 07:14:08 AM by dbs213 »

Zebulon55

Good job, Purple!
Pretty wild looking.

A bit like this?

Exactly like that. Copied your skin, rescaled in the GIMP to 2048x2048 and overlayed the UV map.
You did go outside the lines especially on the car's right side.
Wonder if the Sedan's bmap file has slightly different dimensions that Breckfest doesn't take into account.
Seems strange, because this didn't seem to be an issue with AM2 or Euro.
I'm hoping to get clean lines, so it'll probably be a matter of adjust & test, rinse and repeat.

Did you make that skin from a real car?

Zebulon55

OK, I opened skin14, and it appears Bugbear painted outside the UV map lines as well. So maybe I'll just edit skin14.  :)

sam223

Good job, Purple!
Pretty wild looking.

A bit like this?

Exactly like that. Copied your skin, rescaled in the GIMP to 2048x2048 and overlayed the UV map.
You did go outside the lines especially on the car's right side.
Wonder if the Sedan's bmap file has slightly different dimensions that Breckfest doesn't take into account.
Seems strange, because this didn't seem to be an issue with AM2 or Euro.
I'm hoping to get clean lines, so it'll probably be a matter of adjust & test, rinse and repeat.

Did you make that skin from a real car?

Shouldnt matter if you go outside the lines,just makes your template a bit messy. Could be part of the UV map is missing from the template or how it wraps the model is slightly unexpected. Ye its a semi replica of a real car,hand sprayed in photoshop.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=740683245