Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 48618 times)

MSPORTBMW

Just a quick silly question......will these skins be able to be used online.......and so other people can see them......or would they(the other people have to have them installed too?

Im really hoping custom skins will be able to be seen by others online. Not that ive got a clue how to do them...I need a painter.!!!

Zebulon55

Yeah, it doesn't really matter, it only needs to be close. I'm just gonna wreck it anyway. 8^p.
It's as if the extracted skin and UV map (also extracted by Breckfest?) are scaled down, at least in the height dimension of the skin.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Zebulon55

Other people have to have the skin installed on their machine to see it. Currently, it has to replace one of the five stock skins available in this version of the game.
I don't think there will be any auto downloading of skins. Each person will install the ones they want, if any.
You'll just have to look through them, and download/install the ones you want. Maybe they will be in packs at some point.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

sam223

Yea skinpacks is the easist options with no work required from devs. Main thing we need now is more style slots. So you can have 24 different AM2 skins in 1 race.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

That what we did in Flatout 2, we had a mega skin pack of 3 bfs files.

fo2a.bfs
fo2c.bfs
megaskinpack.bfs
megaskinpackfinalpart2.bfs
megaskinpackfinalpart3.bfs

aiskinpack.bfs
hippie.bfs
FOJ's_Stock_Car_Camera's.bfs
Heddlys_FO2 Stock CustomCar_6_Pack.bfs
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

I think we should have a skinpack manager or something. So we can create our own skinpack out of several standalone skin files we like instead of having to download a whole pack of skins from other players to only use one skin out of it while the rest clog the list.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

sam223

Quick volvo 240 for tonight.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

ThomasMink

Probably took a bit longer than it should have considering the simplistic nature... but I'm a bit finicky.

...and in uploading it, I noticed another logo I can add to it from another pic that's in my album.
Mink's YouTube
----------
My aged PC: AMD FX-6200 (3.8 GHz), 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 560, Win7 64-bit
Oh.. and keyboard control

sam223

Probably took a bit longer than it should have considering the simplistic nature... but I'm a bit finicky.

...and in uploading it, I noticed another logo I can add to it from another pic that's in my album.

I like the shaping of the bonnet stripe

ThomasMink

Mink Muscle finally at a spot I'm happy with. Finished damage skin as well (not shown).

Would attempt the 'ns' skins as well, but I don't even know what the hell.

Might attempt a Sedan skin at some point because it's a car I like to play rough with, but really American Muscle is the car I use 95% of the time.. so eh.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2015, 05:44:21 PM by ThomasMink »
Mink's YouTube
----------
My aged PC: AMD FX-6200 (3.8 GHz), 16GB RAM, NVidia GTX 560, Win7 64-bit
Oh.. and keyboard control

Errol

UV map (also extracted by Breckfest?)

The UV map is nothing to do with Breckfest.  I could probably generate one now I have a handle on the 3d model data but the one you're using seems close enough for jazz.

Quote from: dbs213
I think we should have a skinpack manager or something

Working on it!

Aerotactics

First attempt at a custom skin (the other side looks ridiculous with the 77, couldnt line it up correctly, dont feel like trying for the millionth time.)

EDIT: I ended up touching up the other side, looks decent. If anyone has any pointers for a noob, lay them on me.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 01:28:05 PM by Aerotactics »

Olli Teittinen

First of all, your colors are too bright and saturated. The graphics renderer in your version of the game likes the textures to appear as a bit washed-out in Photoshop view.

The blue colour in your texture is obviously the biggest flaw as it's way too saturated. If it helps as a reference, on Muscle01 the green car (#52) with a white top has those "Gaso" stickers. The blue on those are close to #254e9e. Also, you would do well if you raised the black's brightness by just a few percent higher to make it appear more worn and old as now the black areas of the car are crushed out (photographically) as well.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 05:28:02 PM by Olli Teittinen »

Aerotactics

First of all, your colors are too bright and saturated. The graphics renderer in your version of the game likes the textures to appear as a bit washed-out in Photoshop view.

The blue colour in your texture is obviously the biggest flaw as it's way too saturated. If it helps as a reference, on Muscle01 the green car (#52) with a white top has those "Gaso" stickers. The blue on those are close to #254e9e. Also, you would do well if you raised the black's brightness by just a few percent higher to make it appear more worn and old as now the black areas of the car are crushed out (photographically) as well.

Good call. My attempt was to go for a "can of spray paint" look but I didn't really pay attention to the brightness (saturation) of the colors. You are on team BB for a reason :D

Olli Teittinen

"can of spray paint" look

In that case, I'd suggest you use a sprinkly brush with high spreading and random orientation for the transition between the black and blue to really sell the spray can painted look. Currently the transition looks a bit too smooth and clean. Maybe add some paint runs on the numbering as well.