Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 83823 times)

Yaros

I'm making rally liveries and decals for firefly aka Saab 96, still need some finishing touches

The Very End

Nice stuff! Looks authentic to what you could expect from a car from that time era.

I'm making rally liveries and decals for firefly aka Saab 96, still need some finishing touches

Hi!

Is that the Rally Trophy liveries?
Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Yaros

No, they are based on real liveries

Yaros

Firefly skins are finished

Now I'm making a Mugen livery ttfor Nexus RX

The Very End

Nice! That Mugen lively is needed for all cars!

Speedevil

Yaros, how did you add new liveries and decals to the menu? I see they use .veli and .vepa files, but how did you make those?

Zebulon55

I copied VEhicle LIvery (.veli) and  VEhicle PAint (.vepa) files that already existed for the 02_european_01, and just changed the necessary info with bagedit for the Roll Your Own robber car in Purple44's Cops and Robbers mod.
I named the livery file livery.veli, so it didn't overwrite Bugbear's livery names, but it would probably be better to have chosen a more unique name. LOL

02_european_01 for example;

data/vehicle/02_european_01/part/livery/ for the .veli files
and
data/vehicle/02_european_01/part/paint/ for the .vepa files
and
data/vehicle/02_european_01/art/ for the .bmap skin files

To make the livery, I just made the part which is transparent (base color shows thru) red (ff0000) and the livery graphics in black(000000), then inverted the colors, but you could also just do the livery shapes in white (ffffff) on a cyan (00ffff) background.

I already had the graphics in black, and like working with black, then inverting :D

Bugbear has also made the decals on a separate skin so there are three components, the skin files, the decal files and the livery files.
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Yaros

Yaros, how did you add new liveries and decals to the menu? I see they use .veli and .vepa files, but how did you make those?
Copy existing .veli and .vepa files in BagEdit and rename it, then change texture name and that's all.

Speedevil

Thanks for the help guys.  ;)

guest100380

In what folder are the car skins located in the PC version of Wreckfest?
guest100380, January 11, 2018, 06:24:48 PM Logged

• Hi!

What car folder is Stardust (Olds Cutlass replica)?
    Nothing Beats Cubic Inches --- Bigger Is Better

Corsair Carbide Spec-03, AsRock Fatal1ty Z97X Killer, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz 6 Mb Cache, 2 x Asus Radeon R9 270X 4 Gb, Kingston HyperX 1600 MHz 16 Gb, Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120 Gb, Acer G276HL, Logitech G25, Win 7 Pro

Zebulon55

Hi!

What car folder is Stardust (Olds Cutlass replica)?

/data/vehicle/05_american/

I haven't worked with that car since they redesigned it for the June update 8^(

Lame, I know.

Zebulon55

In what folder are the car skins located in the PC version of Wreckfest?

/data/vehicle/[car name]/art/

02_european_01 for example;

data/vehicle/02_european_01/part/livery/ for the .veli files
    and
    data/vehicle/02_european_01/part/paint/ for the .vepa files
    and
    data/vehicle/02_european_01/art/ for the .bmap skin files

Lame, I know.