Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 62665 times)

sam223

Looks good,easy yea?
I don't think you'll get coloured rims working with in game shaders. I tried before mapping them to the #body texture. But the material used for rims makes them work,meaning if you assign #car_body (in game paint system) to rims,they no longer rotate.

You should be fine with parts,128 is the new max (up from 64 custom visual parts per car). And if you want to be super safe then include body.vhcl and body_meta.vhcm in your mod. Then when the model gets updated eventually you can decide whether you want to include the extra visual parts or not without losing your work.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TT

Right now I'm trying to fix a glitch on the Speedbird rims that I added to the Rammer. They have what look like brake disks or the axles barely sticking through even if I move them a couple feet out from the car. Strange. They're fine on the other cars. I tried pulling in the disc brake and wheel well models but that had no effect.

I got the textures on the selectable colored rims to look much better now.

In a separate mod, I changed the wheel textures to chrome for the American cars.

The update that's coming in a few weeks will likely do at least some of this stuff for me. They say that they want to add custom parts to most of the cars.

TT

I shouldn't need too many different rim colors.

Black, white, gold, chrome, red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple are plenty.

For the limit on the number of custom parts, I wonder if wheels get counted as sets or if each of the 4 wheels counts as one. I'm guessing sets but I haven't tried. We'll have more than enough either way.

sam223

Each wheel is counted as a individual part. As you can change them individually if you wanted. So 1 set,or 1 colour = 4x parts.
For the brake discs problem; Brake_disc object is automatically attached to origin of the wheel.
So instead of moving the wheel out,away from the disk. You need to move the origin of the wheel towards the middle of the car (x)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

TT

Here are pics of the Rammer RS with painted and steel rims from the Speedbird.

I notice that the game never uses AI Rammer RS with the latest build.

I also noticed that the stock game Rammer RS has slight occasional graphical issues. Not sure if those 2 things are related or not.

The colors that I made for the painted rims are:
black
white
gold
chrome
red
orange
yellow
green
dark blue
light blue
purple

I might make brown rims too.

I was surprised how simple it is to make a new career series. Just copy the folder of one the series that we already have and dump it in a mod folder. Rename the folder and the filename for each day and that's all you have to do. If you want to make any changes, there are checkboxes for many of the main options. Most of the other options are pretty simple and straightforward also.

I figured out how to limit a career series to Rammer RS only. The game still picks the paint colors and liveries for the AI so far, though.

For custom races the AI for the RS was a harder than other cars because some of the AI files didn't exist for it for some reason. On top of that, the game now seems to override some of your AI settings so some of the easy old tricks don't work anymore.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 05:33:26 PM by TT »

sam223

Looks good,what AI issues are you having problems with?

The Very End

Looks great. Planning on releasing it at some point or a personal test project?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 08:25:24 PM by The Very End »

Daystar

Love the variety of colors and designs. would be a cool mod to see over at the steam site someday!

TT

If Vin wanted it, I could hand it over to him after I get it cleaned up.

Otherwise, maybe after the new Bugbear update comes over the next week or two. This is guaranteed to need a few tweaks after the update.

I want to do more with the AI customization.

For the mod with the rims painted and added to the other cars as custom parts, Bugbear has said that they're also adding their own custom parts to all cars in the update. I should see what that looks like. I've got them added to most of the American cars so far. I'm also adding other rims to the Dominator and the wagon.

bill1947

My latest skin.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 10:07:42 PM by bill1947 »
Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7600K 3.80GHZ(Kaby Lake)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3000MHz RAM
MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard
120GB WD SSD + 1TB HDD Combo
Thrustmaster Ferrari Steering Wheel

Janne Suur-Näkki

That's looking tasty, bill1947.

About Rammer RS, the AI files have not been updated since being a variant of the other Rammer it will be a car that the AI will not be using in the final game and the player can only earn from a special event.

There shouldn't be anything out of extraordinary missing, though.
INTEL i7-4790K @ 4.8GHZ || EKWB WATER COOLING || NVIDIA TITAN BLACK || GIGABYTE G1.SNIPER Z97 || NEXUS RX-8500 || 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE || 500GB SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD || 4TB HDD || ASUS PROART PA279Q || ASUS PROART PA248Q || 3DCONNEXION SPACEPILOT PRO || NI KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 || WINDOWS 8.1 PRO

bill1947

Is there any way to get the car models into 3DS or Z-Modeler format so you could view your car to see how it looks before putting it in the game? In FlatOut2 I have all the ingame car models in Z-Mod format.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 11:59:34 PM by bill1947 »
Windows 10 Home
Intel® Core™ Processor i5-7600K 3.80GHZ(Kaby Lake)
Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5
16GB ADATA XPG Z1 3000MHz RAM
MSI Z270-A Pro Motherboard
120GB WD SSD + 1TB HDD Combo
Thrustmaster Ferrari Steering Wheel

Heddly

Is there any way to get the car models into 3DS or Z-Modeler format so you could view your car to see how it looks before putting it in the game? In FlatOut2 I have all the ingame car models in Z-Mod format.

I asked this a long time ago. A template of the cars would be a big help like what other racing games have. I used to include one with my custom FO2 cars as much as possible.

TT

Only for the example car (Roadslayer GT).

TT

I'm working on a lineup of Gatecrasher stocks.

These are fun to paint. Mid 1970s stock schemes are great.

I've got painted Speedbird and Starbeast on them plus a few other tweaks.

I've got a career series of all Gatecrashers now.