Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 85773 times)

Purple44

Thanks to Zeb ( Zebulon55  ), I got me a new skin for my station wagon!   :D

Big Thanks go out to Zeb for the new skin!!!! 

Zeb working on couple of his own custom skins, I will let him post pics when he done with them. The BIG Purple skin and the new skins Zeb working on, will get put into my Figure 8 Track Pack - P44 mod later this week when it get updated.  :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

guest100380

I made a basic template for the MudDigger with an optional black top layer.
https://simracingdepot.us/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=403
guest100380, March 05, 2018, 07:36:50 PM Logged

• Okay, I've started a little pack of paint delivery ! I'm not a pro with picture software but we all must start somewhere !  :D

Here is the link !
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1323268935&searchtext=

tolliverj

i have not been in this sight for ages but got the old alpha skins back on the cars

Purple44

That one dirty, rust bucket car. Will car hold together for 2 laps?  :D

tolliverj

well it seemed to when i used it :D

that skin took a lot to get it to fit on the current version of the 01_american car but the rust looks good in game.
    the textures are slightly different
    « Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 03:45:56 PM by tolliverj »

TT

Tons of new skins and a new car the the Nascar mod.

Edit: Oops, older pics. They were improved after these were taken.

These plus 32 more new ones in the new car.

Vin Petrol made most of them.

I'm working on John Deere tractors now.

We might also make another car to hold player-only skins. Those would be less famous ones, fictional skins, adaptations of slightly newer skins, etc. Some extra slots be left open for people to add their own.
    « Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 05:28:41 PM by TT »

Purple44

Today I was adding some new skins to my GoKart Raceway Plus mod. Now have skins from 4 different skinners.  :D  And I had to delete 2 skins ( one was a Hooters skin ) because I had to make choice between 2 custom skins. :(

Would of been worse, but Zeb use custom names for his vepa files and the skin files:  :)

I like to suggest to all you skinners out there, to use custom names instead of numbers. That make my job a lot easier to add custom skins to my track mods and for players to load a bunch of customs skins and not have them over write other custom skins.

guest100380

I just updated my Chevelle skinpack with custom names instead of numbers.
    guest100380, April 13, 2018, 10:29:27 PM Logged

• guest100380

My latest Mustang skin.

guest100380, April 15, 2018, 05:09:48 PM Logged

• Daystar

Wow! ^   ^  ^   ^                       Please make more!!! very good job you did.                 

guest100380

Thanks, all my Mustang skins are posted at Steam in my Mustang Skinpack.
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1361157503
    guest100380, April 15, 2018, 05:24:41 PM Logged

• Zebulon55

Hi guys;

Got a couple of questions about AI skin usage and paint colors.
    I see STRMods has worked with both in his mods, but I decided to ask here rather than PMing him, because others might have interest in this discussion too.

I'm trying to get the AI to use some of my skins, but they seem rather unpopular.  Perhaps it's just that realism thing.  :'(
    Of course, with the wide variety of official skins and cars, maybe it's working, but the chances of any specific skin being chosen by the AI is low, so I just haven't seen one yet.

First, when you make an AI vepa, do certain name formats make a difference in where the name is used?
    Bugbear uses ai_skinxx.vepa, ai_banger_skinxx.vepa, and ai_derby_skinxx.vepa. Do the ai_banger and ai_derby make these skins only used in derby and banger races respectively, or is the AI free to pick from any skin in any race, as long as the AI Upgrade box is checked in the .vepa?
    Would a file named anyname.vepa be used by AI if that AI Upgrade box is checked?

STRMods makes an AI folder for his AI vepas. Do you need to specify somewhere for the game to look in such a subfolder, or is it automatic?

Another question is about the specific colors; they are still used as the default colors until changed in the paint shop.
    Game default seems to be hue and saturation and lightness are max, and use the color defined in the .vepa? 
    Move a slider and lose this default, reset to return to the original .vepa specified colors.

It appears that STRMods has modified some of the .vhcp settings in his mods. I am wondering what some of the variables do.
    They appear to be layered colors with perhaps metal flake qualities?
    Does the game engine still use these variables, since we now have the paintshop?
    They are described by .vhcp files in the data/vehicle/shared/paint subdirectory.

I'm gonna do a little testing.

Any thoughts?

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Daystar

I remember before (early 2017) we were able to see some lovely Iridescent Paints somehow work in Wreckfest!

look at that door and fender!

But not really fitting for banger cars I know...

Purple44

Zeb, in working to add some custom skins to the GoKart Plus mod, I had a copy of a folder with vepa files, the vepas in the copy folder ( a non-stock game folder, still showed up in-game as duplicate skins.

Seem Wreckfest will find vepa files no matter what folder they are in.