Author Topic: Custom Skins Thread  (Read 59769 times)

bill1947

Thanks for the help guys. I was able to edit my first skin.
Intel Core i5-7600K @ 3.8GHz Kaby Lake Water Cooled CPU
16GB Patriot RAM DDR4
Win10 Home Edition 64bit OS
NVidia GeForce GTX 1060 6GB

bill1947

My second skin.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2018, 11:20:16 PM by bill1947 »
16GB Patriot RAM DDR4

The Very End

Looks great! Can you do a skinpack out of it? Collecting them in one package makes it easy :)

bill1947

Looks great! Can you do a skinpack out of it? Collecting them in one package makes it easy :)

I'm just getting into painting skins for Wreckfest so I have no clue how to put a skinpack together just yet. I'm a long time skin painter for both Flatout and Flatout2 so I'm sure I'll be able to figure it out.
16GB Patriot RAM DDR4

TT

Here's a pic of a Stardust.

I need to make some rougher banger skins for it, though.

I've got my Mercury Collision and Detail scheme on almost all of the cars now.

Some of the mapping got tweaked with the latest update.

I'm guessing some will get tweaked again as  new custom parts get added to more cars.

I'm also starting to update some of my other schemes.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 07:42:13 PM by TT »

bill1947

That's a cool looking Stardust, I could see that scheme as a Kevin Harvick GM Goodwrench car.
16GB Patriot RAM DDR4

TT

It's too bad that Vin Petrol's  64 different Nascar paint jobs are going to waste now.

There was a lot of great work there.

I wonder if he'd go for it if someone offered to make a skinpack or even full mod based on his Nascar Legends mod.

TT

In the custom parts section, being able to select different colored rims would be very handy.

Either that or the ability to use the paint controls like we can do with the bodies.

Being able to set either one of those for the AI would also be great.

Being able to create our own career series or events with that would also be very handy.

I'm curious to see what the next update or final version brings.

sam223

It's too bad that Vin Petrol's  64 different Nascar paint jobs are going to waste now.

There was a lot of great work there.

I wonder if he'd go for it if someone offered to make a skinpack or even full mod based on his Nascar Legends mod.
Its not that hard to fix his mod. All hes gotta do is correct the career files and Ai references to fix it. Its the risk you take when modding EA games,especially when you are editing official content that is likely to change. Safe option is to include all files which are linked together. E.g ai set>also include ai profiles in mod. Then when bugbear change/rename/delete a AI profile from the base game the mod isnt affected

In the custom parts section, being able to select different colored rims would be very handy.

Either that or the ability to use the paint controls like we can do with the bodies.

Being able to set either one of those for the AI would also be great.

Being able to create our own career series or events with that would also be very handy.

I'm curious to see what the next update or final version brings.

You can do those things already with mod making
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:09:07 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

TT

If the final Wreckfest version doesn't allow rim color selection for a car, it might be worth uploading a mod that just gives multiple copies of the Rammer and Rammer RS. Each with a different rim paint job.

That way, people could paint skins and have the rims be the right color.

The download would be pretty big, though.

We'd need chrome, white, black and gold at least.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 06:23:56 PM by TT »

TT

As far as adding custom parts, we can put those things in our own mods, but changing Bugbear's existing cars is another matter.

Has anyone gotten additional custom career series or events to work yet?. Maybe the way to go is to just alter the existing ones.

Maybe we just need to make our own Nascar models. That would solve a lot of problems. Bugbear did an awesome job on their models, though.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:11:22 PM by TT »

sam223

You can add more parts to official cars.Custom coloured rims for example. Small job to add multiple options.
You can also copy parts off a model to another car with a bit of effort e.g any set of rims on any car,if its already a 'custom part' you can do it easily.Just copy the part model file (.vhcl) and then adjust its positioning with bagedit to match the vehicle its added to.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:31:34 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad

TT

Cool. For the official Bugbear cars that are all packed into a single vhcl file, I'd tried copying sub-parts from official cars over to other cars but it hadn't worked. I take it that I was doing something wrong.

I haven't found a way to import their official vhcl files into a 3D program. I can only export to vhcl.

That means that I could only mess with Bagedit. Trying to copy over sub-parts of meshes that way didn't work

Separate vhcl custom parts for the Rammers would make everything easier.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:29:21 PM by TT »

sam223

Cool. For the official Bugbear cars that are all packed into a single vhcl file, I'd tried copying sub-parts from official cars over to other cars but it hadn't worked. I take it that I was doing something wrong.

I haven't found a way to import their official vhcl files into a 3D program. I can only export to vhcl.

That means that I could only mess with Bagedit. Trying to copy over sub-parts of meshes that way didn't work

Separate vhcl custom parts for the Rammers would make everything easier.
Cars which have no custom parts have only one body.vhcl.
If the car has custom visual parts then each part is a separate model file.
Take a look at 09_american,that has 89.vhcl files + body.vhcl

And you are correct you cant get the original assets,but you dont need to.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:49:51 PM by sam223 »

TT

First,  I made selectable colored rims for the Rammer RS to see what that would look like.

I think that I can get the textures a little better.

Then, I put the Speedbird (01 American) rims on the Starbeast to see how that would look.

I'm painting some colored versions of the rims from the Speedbird and Starbeast so that I can check them out on the Rammers.

I might see if there is a way to get the rim textures from some unused spot on the body skin. That way the default wheel would already have the correct color. The problem with that is that any unused space might get used up by Bugbear for new custom parts.