Author Topic: Frequency in Multiplayer  (Read 1044 times)

Jake97

Could someone please explain what this means please?? I have a choice of low, medium & high to pick but whats the best to use?? For when im hosting that is
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 08:38:59 PM by Jake97 »

BenDover

high :) Dont ask me why becuse that I dont know xD But high seems to be better for the players on the server :)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

jymstr

high = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,04 seconds (25 fps)
medium = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,05 seconds (20 fps)
low = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,07 seconds (15 fps)

p.s.: the actual fps are probably different, but you get the idea.
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64, 8GB RAM
Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3801 MHz, 4 Cores
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25
Input Device: Keyboard

Mopower

high = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,04 seconds (25 fps)
medium = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,05 seconds (20 fps)
low = players data (position etc.) is synced with server every 0,07 seconds (15 fps)

p.s.: the actual fps are probably different, but you get the idea.
Yeah, that's the best explanation and about the way I understood it too. Thanks jymstr

Tapio Vierros

Might be worth noting what the send rate implies in practice: high frequency sends more data so if you don't have a fast connection, you might need to limit the player count to keep the game from stalling. On the other hand, clients receive more frequent updates, so they need to do less predicting which results in a slightly better performance and possibly a bit more accurate simulation. The setting only works for hosts.

Jake97

Thanks guys

Daystar

Might be worth noting what the send rate implies in practice: high frequency sends more data so if you don't have a fast connection, you might need to limit the player count to keep the game from stalling. On the other hand, clients receive more frequent updates, so they need to do less predicting which results in a slightly better performance and possibly a bit more accurate simulation. The setting only works for hosts.

Yeah I have noticed I would get better performance (less lag) + (less de-synch) issues when I used to join low freq servers,  since I do not have much internet speed.
Hopefully I will see less problems in the future when I get a faster internet provider, plus our new build 7. I wish WF will be more optimized for the low speed users!