Author Topic: (Event Thread) 4-Man-Team Demo Derby: May30th Last Team Standing w/ Heats  (Read 8856 times)

Mopower

Thank you to all that participated. It went fairly smooth I think. It was a lot more work to set up than I was thinking it would be, but it was a lot of fun. I hope you all enjoyed it, and I hope to see you all on the track again soon. I would like to thank Raceclimb for helping make the tournament about twice as big as it would've been otherwise. We were looking at 4 or 5 teams and we ended up with 8. So big thanks to him.

RESULTS
HEAT 1)
Shoot N LOOT
 Butter's Crew
 Flatout Joint

Winner: SNL

HEAT 2)
Wrekt-Classix
 Off Constantly

Winner: WC

HEAT 3)
CRI
Gentleman in the Basement
Last Minute Racing

Winner: LMR

Consi:
Flatout Joint
"Off Constantly"
Gentleman in the Basement
CRI

WINNER: POC

Feature:
Shoot n Loot
Wrekt-Classix
Last Minute Racing
Off Constanly

WINNER: POC

Update: team list in second post in this thread.

Teamspeak Information for Sparky's TS

Just for everyone that is wondering how we are gonna organize the Teams and how its all gonna work out I have a teamspeak that we can all use with seperate channels for each team, the Teamspeak information is 173.234.60.234 no password needed.
[/b][/u][/color]

Watch the stream here! www.twitch.tv/dgspark

This is a 4 man team event taking place on the Small Stadium in Last Man Standing Mode on May 30th!

Please have your team captains add me or message me on here or steam or sparky on steam! This will ensure that you know exactly when your heat is on deck or about to start!

My steam name: 67x Mopower
Sparky's: |DG| Sparky
(Don't miss the spaces!)

The event will take place Saturday May 30th, 2015 @ 21:00 (09:00P.M.) These times are CENTRAL STANDARD TIMES (CST) Same as the city of Chicago!

This event will take place on the Small Stadium and will be hosted by Sparky from the Disturbed Gamers clan. Steam name : |DG| Sparky    (Don't forget the space in there)

Sparky will also STREAM this event LIVE on TWITCH! You can watch the other heats play out while waiting for the consolation/feature event, or your heat to start!

This is a 4-man team event! Maximum of 4 team members!

This event will have qualifying heats. 1 on 1 (1 team versus 1 team). The winning team goes to the feature event (Winner bracket.) The losing team goes to consolation bracket. The losers in the consolation bracket will be allowed to compete with all other losing teams in 1 heat for one last shot at the feature event! There will only be one team allowed to advance from the consolation! The feature event will have all heat winners and the consolation winner in one big free for all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ TROUGH ALL THE RULES BELOW BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

On Track Rules

1) ABSOLUTELY NO RESETS. There are ZERO exceptions, and ZERO tolerance will be given to this rule. I do not care if you are on your lid, if you are stuck in a corner, stuck behind a dead car, out of the track, under the track, in the sky, lagging, eating, pooping. YOU WILL NOT RESET, OR YOUR ENTIRE TEAM WILL BE DISQUALIFIED! If you do it in your heat, you will NOT be allowed to compete in the consolation event.

Use common sense, if you have a button macro'd, just delete the macro. I don't want anyone getting DQ'd over a "mistake." You have been warned!

Adding to this rule: Please refrain from leaving the event after you are wrecked! Wait until the last car has been wrecked. It can occasionally cause lag, and it drags the dead car through the track. We don't want this ruining anyone's game!

2) THis is a REQUEST as I cannot enforce it fairly. PLEASE, refrain from holding your opponents against the wall or against a dead car. Again, this is just ethics as it cannot be enforced fairly. I will not disqualify you for it, because I"m all for pushing a guy all the way to the wall, but give him space after so that he can move! I don't want to see one guy holding and one guy pounding the one being held. Again, a request, so please use your head!

Pre-Race/Preparation

1) Maximum of 4 drivers per team. I realize that we all have busy schedules, so I will allow subs to come in for later heats. Substitutions are allowed as long as the driver has not competed with another team. If you are on a team, and your team loses, you may not join a team that has won and is advancing. Sorry, but I don't want to see drivers getting swapped out for "Better" drivers. If the driver is on standby, they are not to compete in the event until the substitution is required. NO EXCEPTIONS

2) Your team is either AMERICAN or it is EUROPEAN.
An AMERICAN team may use any combination of AMERICAN vehicles: American Sedan, American Muscle 2, American Muscle 1.  You may choose to all run the same model.
A EUROPEAN team may use any combination of EUROPEAN vehicles: European Coupe, European (The little rear engine one) Drivers may choose to all run the same model.

3) All teams must have contrasting paint schemes. No black American teams versus Black american teams. All models must have the EXACT same paint scheme per team. NO mixing and matching blacks/red AM1 with Black/yellow AM1. WE DON'T WANT OUR TEAMMATES GETTING HIT BY OUR TEAMMATES! You may choose whatever paint scheme you want, but if you happen to be in a heat that has the same colors as you, one team must change their colors. You decide or I'll decide for you!

4) You may run any combination of parts on your vehicles that are in the CURRENT BUILD OF THE GAME. Do not run custom engines/setups that are not included in the STOCK GAME. No 500hp small blocks! No v8s in your Europeans! This is an easy rule to follow, and please do so. Do not cheat/hack/modify the game in anyway to get an advantage!

5) Teams must designate a TEAM CAPTAIN. Just prior to, and during the event, I only want questions/comments/concerns from the CAPTAINS. This is not because I'm unsocial (as true as that might be) It is because I cannot multitask for the life of me, and I don't want a question going unanswered.

6) Drivers may use friendly banter/jokes. But PLEASE keep it somewhat clean, and keep your arguments to private messaging. I do not want to see it! This includes the host and me! Be respectful please as we are doing this for not just ourselves, but the community! Thank you for making this event happen guys! We need your cooperation to make this fun for everyone!

7) Drivers must be ready at the beginning of the event. If your team is up, and you have a no-show on your team, you will run a man down. Sorry guys, but we're not going to hold up a show for 1 or 2 missing players.

8 ) All drivers must have their team name abbreviated before their player name on steam! Example: P.O.C. 67x Mopower

8) Hit hard and have fun!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay guys, those are the rules. Please abide by them and ask questions below! Driver/team list will be added as I get them!

Post teams and drivers below! Reserve drivers feel free to post that you are either looking to be in a team or are tentative. We'll more than likely find a spot for you!
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:49:34 AM by Mopower »
Mopower, May 16, 2015, 12:05:53 PM Logged

• Mopower

Team List
    1) name: Flatout Joint
    Region: American
    Color: Black
    Driver list:
    FOJ Purple44
    FOJ Royce
    FOJ Heddly
    FOJ Bacchus

2) "Off Constantly"
    Color: Yellow
    Driver list:
    P.O.C. 67x Mopower
    P.O.C. JohnDoe fx
    P.O.C. |DG| Sparky
    P.O.C. |DG| Mater

3) CRI
    Color: Orange
    Drivers:
    CRI Hemi
    CRI ireadtabloids
    CRI WorldofBay
    CRI ASSASSIN-Lurch

4) The Gentlemen In The Basement
    Region:
    Color:
    Drivers:
    GIB Raceclimb
    GIB Cdn Phil
    GIB Ryu
    GIB All Smiles

5)Wrekt-Classix
    Color: Blue
    Drivers:
    W.C. x-tremest555
    W.C. All Smiles
    W.C. Skiggy

6) Butter's crew
    Butters
    Painhammer
    Cyrus
    Nards

7)Shoot n loot
    Color: Blue
    Drivers:
    zalb
    Thrtl_Jcky
    Jam24
    Showli2

HEAT 1) Shoot N LOOT, Butter's Crew, Flatout Joint : Winner: SNL

HEAT 2)Wrekt-Classix, Off Constantly : Winner: WC

HEAT 3) CRI, GIB Winner: CRI

Consi: FOJ, POC, GIB, CRI : WINNER: POC

Feature: SNL, WC, LM, POC WINNER: POC

Reserve Drivers
    Use them to fill your team!

1) Alicia Melchiott
    2) Puregamer1993
    « Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 06:17:59 AM by Mopower »
    Mopower, May 16, 2015, 12:19:47 PM Logged

• WorldofBay

i'd rather have it an hour or two earlier because 10:00 PM CST would mean 5:00 AM [CET] for me.
    GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
    CPU: Intel i5-3570k
    Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
    i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
    biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
    Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
    like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Mopower

i'd rather have it an hour or two earlier because 10:00 PM CST would mean 5:00 AM [CET] for me.
    Understood,I could maybe start it at 8 or 9 central USA
    Mopower, May 16, 2015, 07:11:42 PM Logged

• Mopower

Whoops repost
    « Last Edit: May 16, 2015, 07:20:44 PM by Mopower »
    Mopower, May 16, 2015, 07:19:05 PM Logged

• Purple44

Good job Mopower setting up the tournament. I'm good with your rules. They make sense.  :D

I should be able to get hold of my teammates today and see if they are all good with the day and time.
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Good job Mopower setting up the tournament. I'm good with your rules. They make sense.  :D

I should be able to get hold of my teammates today and see if they are all good with the day and time.
    Awesome, post your team name, drivers and colors lol.

and thanks, took me about an hour and a half to write the whole thing with revisions. And I wrote the whole thing twice.

And don't forget to tell others! Many teams will need random players
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 02:33:05 AM by Mopower »
    Mopower, May 16, 2015, 11:14:14 PM Logged

• Heddly

Thanks for creating this event Mopower. I have a couple of questions.

This event will have qualifying heats. 1 on 1 (1 team versus 1 team).

Purple44 and I were chatting and wondered what if there is an odd number of teams to compete?

8 ) All drivers must have their team name abbreviated before their player name on steam! Example: P.O.C. 67x Mopower

How do I do this?

Zebulon55

You have to change your Steam alias to include the team name.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

Mopower

Purple44 and I were chatting and wondered what if there is an odd number of teams to compete?

How do I do this?
    If there is an odd number of teams, 3 teams will run together at the beginning of the event,1 team advances to feature, the other 2 go to consolation round. No freebies, you gotta earn your spot by winning in your heat or the consolation.

To change steam name hit shift+ tab, go to settings and change your steam name there.
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 09:12:25 AM by Mopower »
    Mopower, May 17, 2015, 06:49:07 AM Logged

• Purple44

How do I do this?
    If there is an odd number of teams, 3 teams will run together at the beginning of the event,1 team advances to feature, the other 2 go to consolation round. No freebies, you gotta earn your spot by winning in your heat or the consolation.

To change steam name hit shift+ tab, go to settings and change your steam name there.

Like to suggest alternative if have odd number of teams for tournament, maybe make a new team out of reserve list if there enough players to make team count even? First 4 players on the list.

Tonight I got to do some last man standing derby with |DG| Sparky host. I gave the Euro Coupe a try and got a couple of seconds, but the coupe was not tough enough to finish off the sedan. From what I saw tonight, it going to be tough to beat a 4 sedan derby team!!

Since the Sedan seem to pretty much rule derbys, my team going to go with 3 Sedans and 1 Muscle 2 car. Will use skin style #2 for both cars. The black skins.

Team name FOJ  ( short for Flatout Joint ):

FOJ Purple44
    FOJ Royce
    FOJ Heddly
    FOJ Bacchus

Edit: Got some pics. Mo almost won derby while still on his roof. Took awhile for Royce to finish Mo off to get the win. :o

The Sedan can take some damage.

Doobey sedan almost look like a mini Euro!
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:57:36 AM by Purple44 »
    Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Mopower

Roger on the team list. Thanks purple,I added y'all to the list in the second post.

As for the reserve list, I would hope that they would form their own team anyways. Up to whoever is there what that want to do but I'm not going to be in charge of throwing a team of rag tags together an hour before the event.

Hopefully they'll see each other on here and just say, "hey let's make our own team."
    « Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 10:06:15 AM by Mopower »
    Mopower, May 17, 2015, 10:03:46 AM Logged

• DGSparky

Well Disregard Me having a team for the Team Derby , Some things have came up that I wont publicly announce on here , but I will still host and Live stream the Event for everyone else to enjoy!!
    « Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 02:10:07 AM by DGSparky »

Mopower

Well Disregard Me having a team for the Team Derby , Some things have came up that I wont publicly announce on here , but I will still host and Live stream the Event for everyone else to enjoy!!
    Still looking for a team?
    Mopower, May 18, 2015, 02:39:30 AM Logged

• DGSparky

Na Man its all good Ill let you all have your fun and still host and live stream it , just alot of stuff went on today that I really don't even wanna talk about right now.