Author Topic: Figure 8 track taken to the next lvl  (Read 3517 times)

Candyman2131

i want to see a figure 8 track so deadly that no one would dare try it in real life. it would have multiple crossovers to crash at and jumps. like for example the jumps in grid demolition derby and its would be a cross section to so you can get crazy midair collisions. But I want to see that taken to the next level the jumps should be 2X or 3X higher than usual.

Figure 8 tracks are the best thing possible for a demolition derby game so while you could put some really fun but more realistic one's you should put at least one if not more that are just flatout crazy...... that's funny "flatout" get it....... ah you get the point.

Usmovers_02

I DEFINITELY support going absolutely crazy with the bonus tracks. The more insane destruction and "WTF? I can't believe that just happened" moments the better.

Heck, I'd even like to see loops and corkscrews similar to the ones found in Whiplash (aka Fatal Racing) for the bonus tracks. Normal tracks should be fairly tame but have fun with the Bonus tracks BB!! Let the creative juices flow!

RacerBest

Yes I love tracks with crossovers, when I am leading the race and I drive into a crossover I almost hope that I crash to other people just because it's awesome.  :)

Purple44

Players that know me online, know to watch out for me ( hit the brakes ), I'm always looking for a good t-bone in a figure 8 and speedbowl races.  ;)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

AutoAssassin11

I agree with an insanity figure 8, but there still needs to be an old fashion figure 8 too

Candyman2131

yeah I think have one normal figure 8 is a must. they should definitely get creative with other figure 8 tracks tho.

crashkid3000

Hm... I know some FO8 (like) tracks from Destruction Derby Raw...

Slammer. You can say, that it IS the most destructive track i've ever seen. Just look at the article.
Four is a figure-of-4-track. And it has like it's FO8 counterpart a cross. But: it has sharp corners too - very destructive too!
The Sidewinder might wreck your car easily or let you pass without too much damage - it's up to you if you switch to the oncoming, outer lane where you are faster or if you stay in the inner line where your car is more safe...
... enjoys wrecking other cars

CPU: Intel i5 4460 (4 cores @ 3.2 GHz)
GPU: Gígabyte Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2 * 8GB DDR3-1600

Usmovers_02

Those are awesome looking tracks crashkid. Also, for what is hopefully the inevitable figure 8 track PLEASE make it a short track! Shorter 8s mean more carnage.

Candyman2131

no a longer track could be a lot better if it has multiple intersections.

Purple44

Hm... I know some FO8 (like) tracks from Destruction Derby Raw...

Four is a figure-of-4-track. And it has like it's FO8 counterpart a cross. But: it has sharp corners too - very destructive too!

I like the track being shape like a 4. Look like race turn into a Pong race when you circle around and go back the other way. If this track don't make it into the NCG and we have a track editor either from Bugbear or the modding community, I might take a crack at making this track.  :)

Edit - question is, can I turn this into a 44 track?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 06:32:56 PM by Purple44 »

Purple44

Got to thinking about the 4 track and what if made it a 44 track??

Having the two 4s next to each other did not work for me, but when I rearrange one the 4s, I got a track that works for me.  :)

A suicide track taken to the next level.  :o

Follow the light green arrows to the first turn around, then follow the light blue arrows to the second turn around, then follow yellow arrows to the finish line, one lap.

I put a GRID 1 derby racing type loop at the top of each 4. So that make 4 crossing points and 2 turn arounds. And I also was thinking where the 2 fours met in middle of track, there should be a tall hill where player can not see the oncoming cars and get a little air time.

Usmovers_02

no a longer track could be a lot better if it has multiple intersections.

It doesn't matter how many crossings it has, longer tracks reduce the likely hood of collisions. You need a densely populated track for collisions to happen and it's unlikely we're going to get more than 16 cars on track. Short tracks with multiple crossings would be awesome.

Purple44

lastbreath did some changes to me track idea over at GRID 2 forum:

Any chance of getting a derby track like this in derby DLC?

Purple44 wrote:

lastbreath wrote:

So many turns will be hard to remember.

Let me make some changes:

And I still think DD RAW tracks had the best design!

lastbreath, your changes would work for a GRID 1 type figure 8 track, but not for a Flatout track. You took away the suicide part ( cars going both ways on the track, PONG  ). :smileytongue:     

I will keep your track in mind if get the tools to make new tracks in the Next Car Game. I will make yours and my version. :smileyvery-happy: