Author Topic: 0 Players / 0 Friends / 0 Games  (Read 2849 times)

Wizo

Hi Guys,

Me and a mate just bought the game, but we can't find each other in our 'Friends' panel, nor can we find other games ? How do we add each other ?

Cheers,
Wizo

Axarator

Hey! You've gotta add him as friends by going clicking on + ADD FRIEND at the bottom of your friends list, then just look up the name he gives you.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Wizo

I don't have that option, all i have is .. Refresh, Create Server and Back. Also my Marketplace and Research bars are un-clickable.

BenDover

I don't have that option, all i have is .. Refresh, Create Server and Back. Also my Marketplace and Research bars are un-clickable.

He ment on steam.

If a friend is playing on a server, you press "Friends" ingame after you pressed multiplayer, then you can see the servers your friend is playing on.

If there are no games up and none of your friends are playing you will not see anyone on the "Friends".
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Wizo

Yeah, I have him as a friend on Steam, but still can't see him ?

BenDover

You will NOT see him in the game if he dont playing on any servers
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Purple44

You will NOT see him in the game if he dont playing on any servers

I find the friend tab not always correct. My Steam friends list can show a couple of friends are playing Wreckfest, but when I start Wreckfest and go multiplayer and click friends tab, there no hosts listed, but then go Internet tab and see a few hosts and I go check these hosts out, there Royce on the gravel track. So for me, Friends tab is hit or miss.

Also about Marketplace and Research bars, some the career mode options not enable yet in current Build. Career mode still getting develop.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

MamieNova

I think that tab only shows servers hosted by your friends.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

WorldofBay

you also see friends you met already. at least i do know.
so if you were in a lobby with friends and left the lobby, you see them online there. very buggy, that.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Purple44

Hmm, will have to test that out this Saturday. But if that were true, then Friend tab not much use since few players host. Most players join.

rwb

I'll see servers who are hosting my friends in that list, but not all the time. I've assumed they were in singleplayer if I could see they were in-game but the list was empty, I suppose it is possible it's just not working consistently.

Edited to be less wrong.

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:49:28 PM by rwb »

Purple44

Hmm, will have to test that out this Saturday. But if that were true, then Friend tab not much use since few players host. Most players join.

Got to test that today. Two Assassins from my Steam friends list were playing Wreckfest. I fired up multiplayer and Friends tab showed Dillinja187 as host ( host not on my friends list ), I join host and fine the 2 Assassins in the lobby.

I think Friends tab show you the host your friends are in or host maybe your friend. Just seem Friend tab not always working correctly. Maybe Friend tab don't like some your Friends. Seem my friend Royce does not like showing up in Friends tab, but show in Stream Friends list he playing Wreckfest. Maybe something on Royce end blocking Wreckfest from picking him up as a friend or maybe it Royce's Steam settings?

WorldofBay

Got to test that today. Two Assassins from my Steam friends list were playing Wreckfest. I fired up multiplayer and Friends tab showed Dillinja187 as host ( host not on my friends list ), I join host and fine the 2 Assassins in the lobby.

I think Friends tab show you the host your friends are in or host maybe your friend. Just seem Friend tab not always working correctly. Maybe Friend tab don't like some your Friends. Seem my friend Royce does not like showing up in Friends tab, but show in Stream Friends list he playing Wreckfest. Maybe something on Royce end blocking Wreckfest from picking him up as a friend or maybe it Royce's Steam settings?

i did see poppa was playing wreckfest, went there, no entry in friends tab. joined the gravel server, found poppa there. went out again (just wanted to contact him for gp tournament) and whoops then he's in the friends tab. so it's a wierd behaviour.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Matrix404

Maybe bugbear is working on a hide and seek mini game?
i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz, 6 GB DDR3, GTX 760, Win7 64bit, Keyboard