Author Topic: FlatOut Ultimate Carnage game is on sale for $4.99  (Read 4445 times)

Heddly

The FlatOut Ultimate Carnage game is on sale for $4.99 or get all of the FlatOut games, FlatOut, FlatOut 2, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage and FlatOut 3 for $9.99.
Offer expires June 29,2015
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/12467/

Heddly

Warning : You need to install Windows Live client and create an account to enter the activation key to play the game through steam. Here is a link that helped with this problem.

How To: Fix when game doesn´t start
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:08:24 PM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Usmovers_02

Can't get it to work :(

Mopower

Yeah, my original copy quit working a long time ago, but wreckfest is better anyways :)
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Heddly

I used my Windows Live email account to login to the GFWL client. You need to create a Windows Live account if you don't have one.

I downloaded and installed the GFWL client from http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=5549

Then I went to the FOUC game folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FlatOut Ultimate Carnage and right clicked launcher.exe "Run as administrator"

From there the game ran and the GFWL login window opened where I entered my email address and password and checked the "login automatically" box and signed in.

After I entered the activation code the game ran fine.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 12:47:57 PM by Heddly »
I7-2.9 Ghz 8GB, Radeon R9 200 4GB   http://www.moddb.com/mods/foj-community-mod/addons

Usmovers_02

Yeah that doesn't work for me unfortunately. It's a real shame that my 2nd favorite racing game of all time has been killed by DRM. Is there a gog version?

SunnyNewEngland

Yeah that doesn't work for me unfortunately. It's a real shame that my 2nd favorite racing game of all time has been killed by DRM. Is there a gog version?

That is a real shame.  :(
Sadly, there's  no GOG version, yet.  :(  There's a wishlist entry for it, though. http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/flatout_ultimate_carnage

On a more helpful note, I'm surprised FlatOut: UC isn't running for you because of Games For Windows Live.  Does FOUC launch at all?  Does GFWL refuse to work in offline mode? 

My install of GFWL is 2 and a half years old. Sometime soon after installing it and making an account I made on offline account and I haven't taken it online since.  I have 5 games installed that use GFWL: FUEL, DiRT 2, Kane & Lynch, GTA IV, and FOUC.  Each one launches GFWL right into the offline account. 

Of course if you're doing a fresh install things may be different.  But, recently I picked up a copy of Kane & Lynch off of GamersGate; it's a non-Steam copy but it has SecuROM and GFWL.  I wanted to see if I could run it on an old Windows 7 laptop. It was a fresh install of Windows 7, no previous GFWL installs or games or anything.  I installed the game, entered the SecuROM key which registered with the SecuROM server, launched the game, and when the GFWL window popped up asking for account and password information, I just hit cancel or escape, the GFWL windows faded into the background the way they do and Kane & Lynch started right up. Subsequent launches of the game went the same way with the GFWL stuff. 

So I don't know if any of this helps or gives heart, but if it's your 2nd favorite racing game of all time I hope it might!  Either that or that it comes to GOG.  :P

Usmovers_02

I can't even figure out how to get to offline mode. It used to work in all my GFWL games. I'd launch the game and when it asked me to sign in I could do it in offline mode. Now my GFWL games don't even launch and the marketplace doesn't seem to have an offline option

Usmovers_02

So I got it to work. Thanks for the help guys :D I even found a triple monitor mod that makes it so the game isn't stretched (still can't max 60 it :P ) Hey does anyone know where I can find the camera mod that used to be on FOJoint? The cameras don't work very well with 3 screens.

Purple44

So I got it to work. Thanks for the help guys :D I even found a triple monitor mod that makes it so the game isn't stretched (still can't max 60 it :P ) Hey does anyone know where I can find the camera mod that used to be on FOJoint? The cameras don't work very well with 3 screens.

If looking for a cockpit view cam, I found this youtube video with a link:

If this is not what you looking for, suggest you PM Heddly, he may have a camera mod for UC. I don't have mod files for UC. Camera mod I have is the one Shadow did for Flatout 2.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Usmovers_02

Thanks. Will do.

SunnyNewEngland

Sweet. So now all your GFWL games work. I'm curious what did the trick?

Since you're triple monitor gaming and may need some extra tweaks for other games may I suggest PCGamingWiki? They're a resource for many video fixes.
Here's a direct link to the multi-monitor fix for FOUC from the wiki: http://thirteenag.github.io/widescreen_fixes_pack#flatoutuc

Wreckfest gets only a silver rating from the widescreen gaming forum. Team Bugbear needs to deliver their master banhammer-swinging mod the gold, you know what I'm saying?

Usmovers_02

Thanks for the link. And what seemed to do the trick was completely removing every bit of GFWL from my computer and reinstalling.

plakman

Can't bugbear just update fouc and just get rid of the windows thing?

Or is the game still under contract with windows or something like that?

Heddly

Strategy First owns the rights to the FlatOut series by Empire Entertainment. BugBear can't make any changes to the game anymore.

The Windows Live client needs to be updated in the download. Then you can choose the option to play off line as I understand.