Author Topic: Concerning windows 10... will you upgrade to it?  (Read 9353 times)

Daystar

Will you update to the new Windows 10 OS? my answer is NO.
for a few valid reasons... My Windows 7 64bit pro is very stable! maybe 1 time I had a BSOD Blue screen of death (and had to re-boot) also It is very easy to use and navigate through all the menus.
and last but not least... I love it! so used to it!

Also on a side note.... I fear that it will be bloated with all kinds of stuff that I would not need, and never use!
and of course the security issues... right now with my win 7, my Avast virus scanner, 2 firewalls, and Malware scanner I am very safe and comfortable really. but! with the new Hyped windows 10 os... I believe their may be some security holes that can be exploited in it's early stages. also it costs money Windows 10. yes they say free, but after like a year than you pay! I stick to Windows 7 which is proven solid thank you!

click here for more info on the new HyPeD Windows 10 os platform...  -----> http://www.techradar.com/us/news/software/operating-systems/windows-10-release-date-price-news-and-features-1029245 <-----

I stick to what's proven EXCELLENT.

Usmovers_02

I absolutely am for a variety of reasons. 1) For me it's free. 2) DX12. 3) Xbox/PC cross platform gaming.

ville672

I'm upgrading right away if it doesn't remove any software like upgrading from windows 8 to the preview version does.
Specs: i7-4770, GTX 970, 12gb ram, win 10 Pro

Daystar

I'm upgrading right away if it doesn't remove any software like upgrading from windows 8 to the preview version does.

Well I must stress... and quoted from the website I posted...

"Finally, Microsoft detailed what will happen for those that installed the Windows 10 Technical Preview directly on top of Windows 7 or 8.1: not too much. Basically, if this is how you installed the preview, just keep receiving the updates as normal and, come July 29, you'll have the same version of Windows 10 as everyone else – but there's a catch.

Regardless of whether the "final" version of Windows 10 is available, Insiders must continue to receive preview updates – which will not stop after July 29 – for their copy of Windows to remain genuine. If you want to opt out of the preview, you'll likely have to restore back to your previous version of Windows 7 or 8.1 and perform a clean Windows 10 install from there."

That is a bit sketchy for me :-(

Purple44

I want my eye candy, so I will take my free version of Windows and Directx12. But I'm in no hurry. Would prefer to see first service pack for Win 10 come out before I do the upgrade.

Doubt Directx12 will be a common thing in most PC games until at least late 2016-2017.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Yep I tend to agree with you now... I would also like to benefit with the new features... but because I am so strapped with money issues... I am not certain how well off I will be in one year. and shiz I still need a much better graphics card than what I have now... but I am starting to get tempted as well to update. I am just so uncertain at this point.... perhaps I wait another year to upgrade. seriously, I feel quite good with my Win 7 pro 64bit.... suits me rather well at the moment.

WorldofBay

and of course the security issues... right now with my win 7, my Avast virus scanner, 2 firewalls, and Malware scanner I am very safe and comfortable really. but! with the new Hyped windows 10 os... I believe their may be some security holes that can be exploited in it's early stages.

yeah i said that, too. got one disagree though so maybe we'll see another side of this point in a while:

B) speaking of support you are biding your time and playing with fire. MS will (at some point in time) stop supporting Win 7 with security updates thus being a more vulnerable against attacks.

heh. you know that win7 has got a bunch of security updates, win 10 hasn't? so win10 is more vulnerable. there will be a break-even point where win10 got enough security updates to fix the millions of bugs microsoft always puts in their OS, but noone knows when it will be. until then win7 is safer than win10.

also the people that aren't aware of security issues normally upgrade their OS right away so it's more profitable to search security holes in win10 than in win7 making it even more vulnerable just because it doesn't cost anything and so anybody can upgrade it without pay threshold in mind.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

KazzyMac

I can't update because Corsair Link doesn't work on Windows 10 yet.

..... So it won't be until Corsair fix their dang drivers that I upgrade. Oh, and Broadcomm updates some drivers too. My wifi card won't work either >_>
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1

Purple44

I can't update because Corsair Link doesn't work on Windows 10 yet.

..... So it won't be until Corsair fix their dang drivers that I upgrade. Oh, and Broadcomm updates some drivers too. My wifi card won't work either >_>

Ya that always a problem moving to a new Windows, does your hardware have new drivers that work in the new Windows or will the old drivers still work.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

LUNITIC_WILL

i am waiting to see if my steam library will still be playable of if most of it will just not work at all
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

findRED

I have some older games that don't work with anything newer than 7 (and sometimes that's a pain), so NO.
I may run a virtual win10 machine on my beast desktop I recently upgraded (my sig details are out of date), just to see how it is though.
Laptop:
i7 3630QM 4core 2.4GHz
GT 645M 2GB
6GB RAM

“I created a theme song for the door.” -Unknown Game Composer

MM2 Mods

Frisker

I'm just gonna download it when it's available, I should get it for free, atleast that's what my Win7 told me month or two ago and I save it on a usb drive or something. I'll see if i can have them both installed on my PC, like I used to have XP and 7. It's useful on some applications and some bit older games. I don't trust that I can play them all on Win 10...

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

WorldofBay

i won't upgrade my win7 to win10

why?
all the features i hate in win7 still are in win10 but the feature i want to have are either not in win10 or already in win7. so i get nothing from upgrading. and considering the bullshit microsoft included in win10 i'm pretty sure my win7 is worth a lot more than win10 so i won't devalue it with a so-called 'upgrade'.

first of all i hate the modern design they implemented in win8 and continue in win10. yeah i know it's possible to install some workaround programms that recreate the win7 layout. but what's the point in going to a new system and making it behave like the old one?

then the most stupid part of win10 is the update section. the fact that you can't disable any updates (and i'm NOT talking about security updates!) can always fuck up your work. i don't want to need to cut my internet connection to not have to install a unstable new function just because microsoft thinks it's ready for customer testing.

the last major thing is cortana and the cloud. i don't want that, i just want a operating system that allows me to access data on my computer easily and is compatible to my games, nothing more. no virtual assistant, no cloud computing, no fancy stuff, just the basic thing. this can't be that difficult!
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

BrianUK

Windows 7 4 lyf

Mazay

I was considering update since it's free, but new features like advertising id to track you made me concerned about privacy.
I'll stick in windows 8.1.