Author Topic: How To Setup A Dedicated Server or Servers  (Read 42533 times)

Facial_Burns

In the console type tracks and it will list all the names including the name for the mod tracks
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

St. Jimmy

For some reason I can't get server to launch with mods. Anyone know why? Even trying the example mod didn't work..

# Mod folder names in a comma separated list
mods=example

Isn't that right?
Unofficial  WreckFest Discord!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

For some reason I can't get server to launch with mods. Anyone know why? Even trying the example mod didn't work..

# Mod folder names in a comma separated list
mods=example

Isn't that right?

Jimmy, give this thread a read:

Running dedicated server with Workshop mods?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Jimmy, give this thread a read:

Running dedicated server with Workshop mods?
Dam there's nothing in there to help me. Well that at least confirm I'm doing it right but it just doesn't work...
I can't even run without Workshop mods. Even using the example car fails. The server never get any mods and is always without mod, no matter what there is after "mods=" parameter.

I've tried both in manual config and with WreckFest Server Manager app without any luck :(

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Doing this, mods=688649575  did not load the correct mod?

I'm thinking you can't run a mod unless it been uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Server software I think does not know to look at the \mods folder.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 04:24:53 PM by Purple44 »

St. Jimmy

Doing this, mods=688649575  did not load the correct mod?

I'm thinking you can't run a mod unless it been uploaded to the Steam Workshop.

Server software I think does not know to look at the \mods folder.
Oh it's that way? I thought it was other way around.

But still it doesn't launch with a mod when doing that... No mods loaded at all because I can only get in to the server without any mods.

// Oh hmmm now I got it. There was something likely conflicting with this guide I made http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,7798.msg85010.html#msg85010 I guess it's the server 2 folder or something. Need to investigate it later.

///Too bad WreckFest Server Manager doesn't like launch mods :(
« Last Edit: August 29, 2016, 05:00:33 PM by St. Jimmy »

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

CFodder

Have added in the latest tracks, unsure what the 'proper' names for forest7 and forest7b are though.

Janne Suur-Näkki

Forest7 = Mixed 3, Route 2 and forest7b = Mixed 3, Route 2 Reverse.

CFodder

Thanks Janne :)

Janne Suur-Näkki

Sorry! Not sure what I was thinking this morning, but of course forest7 = Mixed 3 Route 1 and forest 7b = Mixed 3 Route 2. The reverse routes are the same but with _rev tag at the end.

Purple44

I would like get the IP address of my dedicated server. Is there a way of finding it out?

I tried the" ? "command, it show ports but not the IP address of server.

St. Jimmy

I would like get the IP address of my dedicated server. Is there a way of finding it out?

I tried the" ? "command, it show ports but not the IP address of server.
You need/want to get it from the dedi console or are you ok getting it any other way? If you've access to the dedi server PC, you can just go in browser and go in a webpage like "what's my IP" that tells it or you can open cmd and write /ipconfig. Not sure did Wreckfest Server finder also tell the IP address. Not sure does the dedi program also take that  /ipconfig command.

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

The /ipconfig command did not work, Google say I need to drop the " / ". Typing ipconfig work in cmd window, but not the dedicated server window. But this command only give me my internal IP address behind the router. I wanted my public IP address so a guy could PING me.

Thanks to Google I found this site that give me my public IP address:   http://ip4.me/

CFodder

Added in new tracks and damage modifier setting for track rotations.

HumidNut

I'm having a heck of a time connecting to my server.  The topology is  that the client PC and the Server are on the same subnet (same layer2 domain, aka no router involved), yet I cannot connect from my client PC to the server PC.

When starting the dedicated server with the default config, I modified the server name and added a password, otherwise its the same configuration as the initial_server_config.cfg.  The server binary starts just fine, but wreckfest.exe does not seem to have a listening UDP port on 33540 (via windows admin priv "netstat -a" command).  I see it listening on the steam query port (27016) and I can even query the server via the steam server query if I add my client PC to Steam Favorites.

Right now, the wreckfest.exe process is listening on the 59596 port (, but I am unable to manually connect (is there a client-side switch to manually connect?).  I restarted my dedicated server and now it listens on UDP 60150, restart it again, its on 60309.  This behavior is confusing.

However, when I attempt to join my server via Steam, it does nothing, does not connect, does not even attempt to connect on port 33540.  I set up wireshark on my client PC to capture filter udp 33540 and the same on the server pc, no packets captured.  I see plenty of query packets (27016) but nothing when I attempt to join the game via Steam.  The in-game browser, does not show up at all, either on the internet tab or the LAN tab.    The wreckfest.exe is allowed through the firewall on both Win10 machines.  I am able to join and play on other external servers.

I'm just looking to see where my issue resides;  the process does not appear to listen on the prescribed port, I do not know a manual way to connect to my server.  Any assistance with either of those two things, would be greatly appreciated.