Author Topic: Why the game is so boring? Is it arcade or sim?  (Read 15334 times)

lastbreath

Handling.
I cant believe my eyes. Am I playing Flatout or Project Cars? Why it is so boring? I have to slow down to zero to turn, each acceleration leads to spinning... Hey! It's a wild Wreckfest, not a WTCC game! Put some fun into handling! Add some speed, sliding, make handling less penalizing!

Tracks
Why are they so boring? Where are headspinning jumps? Where are crazy shortcuts? Why tracks look so official? Put some FlatOut craziness into the game, it's boring as hell!

Damage.
I cant believe my eyes again. Hitting the rock with your roof at full speed makes nothing with the roof. Where did you hide damage from first tech demo? Now cars are too stronk! All fun is gone away
-------------
That's not a game I was waiting for. I was waiting for FlatOut remake. And Wreckfest looks like boring sim. Sorry guys, but you really should install FlatOut 1 and compare that gameplay with your modern gameplay. 10 against 1.

And put damn chase cam higher! Why should I write this on each racing game forum? Why developers think that observing car's trunk is so cool?   
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 10:20:27 PM by lastbreath »

lobsterfran

That's not a game I was waiting for. I was waiting for FlatOut remake.

"Waiting".... there's the thing.
What you're doing is comparing the first test build with the new physics to the completed Flatout game.

Picture, if you will,  how crappy the first test build of Flatout was.

We would all like miracles and for Wreckfest to be complete right now... but miracles don't happen, santa isn't real, lesbians probably won't let you watch.... and games take ages to develop.

It was only a few short weeks ago where this physics engine was flinging cars into low orbit. It's pretty good right now, fun can be dialed in with further tweaking. This game was never pitched as "Flatout next gen" though. It will have a slightly different vibe to it.

So, sorry, but you're not done waiting yet. Don't give up.

Purple44

And put damn chase cam higher! Why should I write this on each racing game forum? Why developers think that observing car's trunk is so cool?

+4

I think it's called 'Vertical FOV Offset', or something to that effect.

I also would like Bugbear to add a "horizontal FOV Offset". I feel my chase cam is to low. Make it hard to see how close I'm to cars in front of me and hard to judge when to turn into a turn.

I like my far chase cam to be at a angle where I can just about see the front of the car.

Adjust FOV or camera position.

I also would like to see a slider for chase cam so I could adjust cam to go higher so chase cam can almost see front of car. This where I like the second chase cam to be in Flatout 2. Easier to see what coming ahead.

Second chase cam now with sedan:

Second chase cam where I would like to see it: ( moved cam in photo mode )

Maybe I can get a 1:07 second lap time with this view in Sandpit forward track.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

lastbreath

This is normal view for me:

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 01:59:57 AM by lastbreath »

Mogal

I still play the tech demo! LOL

I am pretty disappointed with the 'rebuild' as well so far.
I was actually kinda shocked! It is def more a sim then arcade.
Maybe this game was never advertised as a flatout remake,
but it sure was alot more fun in the early days.

If this is more 'sim' then arcade, I'm going to step back.
Not sure how much I'd really play... sigh.

I at least hope the devs will include a 'PLAYZONE' in the final when released.

---------------------------------
Pre-Ordered: Aug 30,2013
3:14PM Pacific Time

Holybeer

at this time, handling is not " sim ". A real sim is Asseto Corsa.

Now it's just arcade gameplay with bad settings.

Frisker

Handling.
I cant believe my eyes. Am I playing Flatout or Project Cars? Why it is so boring? I have to slow down to zero to turn, each acceleration leads to spinning... Hey! It's a wild Wreckfest, not a WTCC game! Put some fun into handling! Add some speed, sliding, make handling less penalizing!

Tracks
Why are they so boring? Where are headspinning jumps? Where are crazy shortcuts? Why tracks look so official? Put some FlatOut craziness into the game, it's boring as hell!

Damage.
I cant believe my eyes again. Hitting the rock with your roof at full speed makes nothing with the roof. Where did you hide damage from first tech demo? Now cars are too stronk! All fun is gone away
-------------
That's not a game I was waiting for. I was waiting for FlatOut remake. And Wreckfest looks like boring sim. Sorry guys, but you really should install FlatOut 1 and compare that gameplay with your modern gameplay. 10 against 1.

1. It's called realism. I assume that you use one of the muscle cars, they have 300+ horsepower under the hood, you simply cannot put the pedal to the medal right after or in the middle of the turn. That is basic realism. And Bugbear never said the game was going to be full arcade, or as arcade as Flatout.

2. Wreckfest is supposed to be spiritual successor to Flatout, and by that it means that it's not a sequel. They want to take the core idea from Flatout, and enchance it the way they have always wanted, bit more realistic, but with awesome crashes. That has resulted in more realistic tracks aswell. Though I hate what they did to Sandpit in Build 7.

3. I agree somewhat. The cars don't get crushed into unrealistic shapes and still move as much as they did in the previous build, and tech demo.(Which is a good thing imo) But high speed crashes should do more damage.

As I mentioned before, it was never meant to be Flatout remake. I'm sorry if you thought so. But it's still fun game, it just takes a bit time to learn the handling(Though I understand that some people like easier pick up and play arcade driving, like Flatout 2 which I liked too).

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

sam223

I think the handling is pretty easy to be honest,not that it needs to be harder. But wreckfest is no more a sim than gran tourismo or grid. If it were a proper sim you wouldn't be drifting a 300hp v8 in 2nd gear with barely any practise using a pad or keyboard.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

eje005

If I'm honest, the game is exactly where I want it.  Flatout was already made.  It'd be daft to just clone it and put new graphics on it.  Let them put a different spin on this game.  The game currently is a perfect mix of arcade and sim.  It's a game that you can pick up quickly, but has a skill ceiling high enough that you can develop your skills.  A game where a guy with 2 hours can do a lap time as fast as a guy with 200 is disappointing.

I plead the developers not to listen to the vocal minority of people wanting a 'close your eyes and drive' game.  Go sit in a lobby of people who actually play the game and you'll find a group of players enjoying themselves and loving it.

Cono

I'm not sure if real cars really spins this easily.
Now it's very hard to handle cars when you once lose grip.
Reducing gas/accelerator won't help enough.

sam223

I'm not sure if real cars really spins this easily.
Now it's very hard to handle cars when you once lose grip.
Reducing gas/accelerator won't help enough.

What input are you using,try adjusting the speed steering (off),saturation and sensitivity.
Ive only played a little of the new build since performance is terrible on my machine but had no problem pulling off a few drifts after adjusting inputs.
Just trial and error practising really

Slow/small steering angle should produce more oversteer. Fast/large steering lock more understeer.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXwyrccExSE

I think the Am3 rotates a little to quickly though when loss of grip but dont find it that hard to handle, should just rotate a little slower.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:21:19 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

KingOfTheCakes

I like the way the AM3 handles. It's fast in a straight line, so it's ideal that it isn't as good round corners. Just like with all the other American cars really, but they have different characteristics.

Overall, I'm one of the few who actually likes the build. My only real gripe is in the redesigning of the tracks... they're too wide on most parts. Sandpits especially.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 07:39:39 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

Cono

What input are you using,try adjusting the speed steering (off),saturation and sensitivity.
Ive only played a little of the new build since performance is terrible on my machine but had no problem pulling off a few drifts after adjusting inputs.
Just trial and error practising really

Slow/small steering angle should produce more oversteer. Fast/large steering lock more understeer.

I found pretty good setup:

But still, there's way too little grip on tires.
Driving is constantly drifting and if someone even touches you, then it will be 180 degree spin around.
With previous build it was possible to prevent spins, if someone tried to push you.

Sure it's possible to learn this, but it just doesn't feel right now.

I played previous build 80+ hours and still think this build is way better than previous build.
There is still a lot of room to improve handling.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:15:13 PM by Cono »

Cono

I think the Am3 rotates a little to quickly though when loss of grip but dont find it that hard to handle, should just rotate a little slower.

Yes, at 2 minutes 15 seconds this video shows exactly what's wrong atm. It shouldn't be THAT hard even if you give gas.

« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 09:27:21 PM by Cono »

Zebulon55

The gameplay is subject to change. It will get better, so don't get too used to how any car drives until the game is feature complete.
As for it being boring, it is incomplete and will get better in that regard as well.
Janne stated that Bugbear won't forget to put the fun back in the game. So give Bugbear time to fully realize the game before saying that it is too much sim.
As for me, I'm having less fun with the game than I was in the previous update,  but I understand that there are better updates to come, and hope we get more timely updates in the future, even if some of them seem a little step back at times.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk