Author Topic: Why the game is so boring? Is it arcade or sim?  (Read 15716 times)

lastbreath

I think they are saying why add tracks like flatout, when theres now flatout 4

Because FO4 has no physics. So instead one cool game with both features we have two semigames.

What about splits - one of them can be shorter but more dangerous. Mixed 5 free route - is the only track in Wreckfest with some value. And maybe Sandpit 3.

My only hope - track editor. If they make such a gift, I will be able to recreate DD3 tracks and forget about that nightmare called official tracks.

sam223

Why do you need a track editor (as nice as it would be)? Cant you just use one of the current track editors out there>export to a format that blender or 3dsm can import (.fbx,.3ds,.stl etc)>polish up and export to game format. Or just learn how to make tracks in blender/3dsm.

Dont forget these 2 mods http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=688649575
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=764432700

if you want more fantasy tracks with jumps etc
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 06:58:09 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

RickyB

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838223262 - this "dick" track is better than any existing official ingame track! And it is set not on the Moon or in volcano. Unbelievable!

just wrote this on workshop page: "In my defence, I never intended to make a map shaped like a d*ck. But most people seem to perceive it like that. It just happened. The idea was a "hybrid" between an oval and a suicide alley. I swear to god. That's why I called it "hybrid hassle". Otherwise I could have just called it "penis panic" or something like that... hmmm wait a minute... actually that's kind of funny. Maybe, instead of fighting against it, I'll just change the name? Nooo. Damn it."  :P

I have to admit, I am a little bit surprised about the choice of tracks so far as well. To me it feels as if a big strength of the game - the awesome crashes with the cool damage model - does not get much chance to truly shine. Not with a lot of the official tracks there are right now. Maybe the AI could achieve some of that, but more opportunities on the tracks, for the player, would be nice. I mean opportunities to cause some chaos and disturbance in the race by jumping a ramp over a corner back onto the track and maybe crash into someone or taking a small split route to come back on the track in an angle to cause some trouble for the other cars. It just feels as if tracks like the speedbowl from flatout2 or other tracks of that category make better use of exploiting the full potential of the game and make it shine and stand out.

Maybe there could be a second category of tracks? Didn't flatout 2 have a special category for those kind of tracks? "Events" or something? Can't really remember.

BenDover

lastbreath... lastbreath.... lastbreath...

For example, if you look at a F1 race where they drive CLEAN, does not accident happens sometimes? Do you even know what ACCIDENTS means at all? Ofc in racing accidents happen, its a different if someone make a crash on purpose or not. And tbh, dont say its 60% of the players who wants something. ITS 60% WHO DID THE SURVEY WHO WANTS IT. Its a big different there.
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

lastbreath

For example, if you look at a F1 race where they drive CLEAN, does not accident happens sometimes?
It seems to mee that in game about wrecking there should be a little more accidents than in F1...

RickyB
Don't get it personally, it's internet, you know :D
Your works are amazing, don't stop :)

sam223
I'm not so skilled in 3D-modelling  :-\

« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 07:24:37 PM by lastbreath »

sam223

@lastbreath start learning. You only need the basics really to get started. Id barely touched any 3d modelling about 8 month ago. Theres loads of tutorial on youtube etc.
Experiment, get your idea of fun sorted then make it look good later. Thats what im doing anyway, by doing multiple passes on models. Started off as low poly single object meshes and then slowly adding more detail as i learn.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

BenDover

For example, if you look at a F1 race where they drive CLEAN, does not accident happens sometimes?
It seems to mee that in game about wrecking there should be a little more accidents than in F1...

RickyB

sam223

Oh god... Keep on trolling man ;)
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

blazngun

@lastbreath start learning. You only need the basics really to get started. Id barely touched any 3d modelling about 8 month ago. Theres loads of tutorial on youtube etc.
Experiment, get your idea of fun sorted then make it look good later. Thats what im doing anyway, by doing multiple passes on models. Started off as low poly single object meshes and then slowly adding more detail as i learn.

I agree 100% with Sam here. I had always wanted to delve into 3d modeling but found it way too intimidating, even with having knowledge in CAD for manufacturing purposes. I had not touched 3ds Max until February of this year. My first track was based on TADS Community TRK. I wanted to make a derby arena that was a proper size. Easiest way I found when first starting out was to edit the outer wall of the oval, and turn it into a square.

In hind sight it was way more work than required moving all the vertices (segments) to turn it into a square, but at that time it was the easiest for me to understand and do to achieve the results I was after. Me and a buddy had epic fun for weeks even though the wall was plain and there were no objects in the background. Reading through this forum, asking other modders some basic questions, and using the example tracks provided, I figured out how to place reference objects so that I could later assign any object that is already in the game files to anywhere I wanted on the map.

I cant thank the community enough for their help in getting started. Now that I have, its like an addiction and I cant stop. Most of what I have spent many hours tinkering with didnt work as intended in game but I have some pretty cool projects going at the moment that I plan to finish once the Beta Branch is released.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

Zebulon55

RickyB

sam223

I'd like more arcade tracks too.
Obstacles, bottlenecks, and alternate routes to get around when big crashes happen at those spots, ramps and destructibles (and a few not-so-destructibles) at roadside as well as on track jumps make for interesting driving.
Flatout and Gas Guzzlers Extreme had visually interesting tracks. Modders have made cool tracks.
Maybe Bugbear can do a DLC someday if they refuse to do it for Wreckfest.
I believe there would be a lot of people who would want those tracks, especially among the console crowd, who might not get all the mods.

For personal safety and cost reasons, wrecks are generally avoided in real life racing like F1 and Nascar, but they do occur.
In a video game? The bigger and more violent the wreck is, the better.  Just press reset for a new car and healthy driver.  LOL
We had a blast on an Ovals and 8s server last weekend.

I once drew up (in MS Paint) a d*ck track with a suggestive description in the tracks subforum just for the lulz - glad to see the basic concept realized.  ;D

I would like to make tracks too - maybe someday soon.   8)

Zebulon55

For us that like some "trading of paint" racing online, Wreckfest has not been boring with 12-20 players online.  :D

It is sometimes boring for me - and some tracks have gotten overplayed. Sometimes it just feels like driving fast on curvy country roads.  ::)
I usually hang in there during the ones I find boring, for the funny chat comments or just in hopes a track I like better comes up.
I hate the tarmac with only concrete walls all around for scenery.

The ovals and 8s server last Saturday was great fun, though.

Finsku

I don't want to see FO4 tracks, those are unrealistic-ish. More like FO1 track what you could find in real life. (Sorry, I don't have any photos to show)

I We need some forest tracks which are realistic-ish with ditches and stones like in FO1. Now tracks are too wide and you can easily drive offroad (if devs didn't remember to put walls to stop this).

TBH every track in Wreckfest isn't realistic(-ish). There's dangerous trucks and other objects where you could crash, every 8 track are unrealistic (I know there's 8-tracks irl) because there happens so many crashes.
Oh, we should add a feature that you could die if you hit too hard and after that you have to start new career mode (please notice this Kappa emote)

Purple44

For us that like some "trading of paint" racing online, Wreckfest has not been boring with 12-20 players online.  :D

It is sometimes boring for me - and some tracks have gotten overplayed. Sometimes it just feels like driving fast on curvy country roads.  ::)
I usually hang in there during the ones I find boring, for the funny chat comments or just in hopes a track I like better comes up.
I hate the tarmac with only concrete walls all around for scenery.

The ovals and 8s server last Saturday was great fun, though.

Oval Speedway 2 is boring track for me. But I know some guys want to race a fast clean race on this oval, so I play nice, but I make them work to pass me. But the guys know on this track, I won't bump them into wall on purpose when they pass me, like I would on Speedway 1 and I'm a lap down hunting the leader of the race.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

lastbreath

dat was one hell of a shortcut!  :D :D

Tonza

dat was one hell of a shortcut!  :D :D

Just what I'd like to see in Wreckfest

Konan

Hmm...what was that farmer thinking...putting his barn in the middle of a racetrack.... ;-)