Author Topic: BEST *Single Player* mode... hands down. Has got to be...  (Read 746 times)

dgrams2003

4 Player Team Race.

You can come in first... and still lose the game...
Or come in 22nd... and still win the game...

It all depends on how your team does as a whole during the race.

Best single player experience in this game.  Hands down.

(I just wish I didn't have to be BLUE all the time... lol)
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

lobsterfran

If that's the mode I'm thinking of, I enjoyed it too... but I thought the rewards each lap for the 1st couple of places were way too high. Destroying an enemy vehicle = 5 pts, just passing the line 1st on any given lap  = 8 points ( if I remember correctly).

dgrams2003

Yeah... I need to look up the point system. 
The first car starts at 7 or 8 (cant remember exactly) and the points go down quickly after 3rd place.   Single points do not ever really help.  I will need to play more to get a feel of the point system (or just search on it around here) but the cars in the middle deserve more than 1 point.  There should be 'group' breakdowns where 1, 2 and 3rd place get higher points - but then cars in the middle should get something like 3 or 2 points for a while... then the last 4 cars or so should get 1.    The single point rewards start too early.

I will have to look this up.
PC Specs: AMD Athlon(tm) X4 740 Quad Core Processor 3.2 GHz - AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series
 - 8.00 GB RAM - Windows 7 64 Bit - Xbox 360 Controller and Thrustmaster FERRARI Red Legend Racing Wheel

dgrams2003

I can't find anything through 'Search' on the rules and/or points of this mode.  Anyone else good at searching?   It is probably out there somewhere, but I would like to know the details... :)

Purple44

Yeah... I need to look up the point system. 
The first car starts at 7 or 8 (cant remember exactly) and the points go down quickly after 3rd place.   Single points do not ever really help.  I will need to play more to get a feel of the point system (or just search on it around here) but the cars in the middle deserve more than 1 point.  There should be 'group' breakdowns where 1, 2 and 3rd place get higher points - but then cars in the middle should get something like 3 or 2 points for a while... then the last 4 cars or so should get 1.    The single point rewards start too early.

I will have to look this up.

Ya I agree there should be more points given to players in the middle of the pack when they finish a lap. Ive only done team racing online.

Maybe the points can scale to how many players start the race and break up the scoring  into 3 groups: top, middle, bottom.

6 or less - Top 3, B3

7-8 players Top 3, M1-2 , B3

9-14 players - Top 4, M2-4, B3-6

15-20 players - Top 5, M4-7, B6-8

21-24 players - Top 6, M7-9, B8-9

I do like when you in the bottom half, you can score extra points by wrecking the other team's cars!  :D

I've been taking the blocker roll online with the Sedan on oval races. :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel