Author Topic: About team racing scoring online.  (Read 773 times)

Purple44

I think it time to talk about how team racing getting scored ( not team derby scoring, that might need a new thread ). I think it can use a little tweaking. What you guys think? I'm liking this mode online.  :D

Here a post I just did over here, but think we need an online thread about team racing scoring:

BEST *Single Player* mode... hands down. Has got to be...

Yeah... I need to look up the point system. 
The first car starts at 7 or 8 (cant remember exactly) and the points go down quickly after 3rd place.   Single points do not ever really help.  I will need to play more to get a feel of the point system (or just search on it around here) but the cars in the middle deserve more than 1 point.  There should be 'group' breakdowns where 1, 2 and 3rd place get higher points - but then cars in the middle should get something like 3 or 2 points for a while... then the last 4 cars or so should get 1.    The single point rewards start too early.

I will have to look this up.

Ya I agree there should be more points given to players in the middle of the pack when they finish a lap. Ive only done team racing online.

Maybe the points can scale to how many players start the race and break up the scoring  into 3 groups: top, middle, bottom.

6 or less - Top 3, B3

7-8 players Top 3, M1-2 , B3

9-14 players - Top 4, M2-4, B3-6

15-20 players - Top 5, M4-7, B6-8

21-24 players - Top 6, M7-9, B8-9

I do like when you in the bottom half, you can score extra points by wrecking the other team's cars!  :D

I've been taking the blocker roll online with the Sedan on oval races. :)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 02:37:09 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Stuntman-Lee

I think the team racing currently focus's too much on getting to the front. The game is titled Wreckfest - but spend a race trying to wreck other cars, you might gather 5 or 6 points tops for a few good hits, but then lose 5 points to whoever you wreck yourself on, completely undoing any points made for wrecking in the first place.
PC Spec: I5 4670K, 16GB DDR3,  ASUS STRIX GTX1070 O8
Team Assassin

vogurt

Yeah, Sedans need some love. I'll race if I'm toward the front, but if I get hit, I want to keep hitting and get rewarded for it.

Purple44

I think the team racing currently focus's too much on getting to the front. The game is titled Wreckfest - but spend a race trying to wreck other cars, you might gather 5 or 6 points tops for a few good hits, but then lose 5 points to whoever you wreck yourself on, completely undoing any points made for wrecking in the first place.

But if you take a strong car like the sedan, then you could be a wrecker and wreck a few cars and get 5 points for each car for your team. Just be careful and not wreck your car. Average oval race is usually 8-10 laps, if you get in at least 5 laps, you got the 5 points to cover the 5 points other team gets if you wreck your car. But you may score 15 points if you wreck 3 cars from the other team.

5 points for 5 laps
-5 points for wrecking your car
15 points for wrecking 3 cars from the other team

+15 for total points.
+24 points total if you finish 9 laps of a 10 lap race without wrecking your car

And the 3 cars you wreck in the first 5 laps, just save your team 15 points if these 3 cars had finish the 10 laps.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Exo#72

I would like to see something awarded for spinning out cars from the other team if it can be implemented, was racing sedan on oval and lead cars coming up to lap me, i spun the leader into the wall (obviously not my team!) and helped the next few places (my team) to go on and win. Unfortunately a car running in the top 3 all race scores silly points compared to someone trying to wreck even if you do get some takedowns, hence maybe point or two for a spin.