Author Topic: Original Sandpit - What's the Deal?  (Read 9006 times)

Purple44

Thanks for the post Janne.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Cornkid

Although its nice to get a reply from Janne, its not actually related to original question about Sandpit that I miss like crazy.

It was the track I lived on and I don't half miss it. The current revamp is poor to be polite, and please devs bring back the original, rock and all.

Any replies to that from devs ?

BrianUK

Although its nice to get a reply from Janne, its not actually related to original question about Sandpit that I miss like crazy.

It was the track I lived on and I don't half miss it. The current revamp is poor to be polite, and please devs bring back the original, rock and all.

Any replies to that from devs ?

I, too, was displeased that the response had nil to do with the original question asked.

St. Jimmy

Well they can make the new one the same as the old one or better so no need to give the old back.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Cornkid

Well they can make the new one the same as the old one or better so no need to give the old back.

Your logic is flawed.

If they make the new one the same as the old one, then surely its the old one improved.

I don't give a poop about visual eye candy, its the track layout I miss, it had everything.

The current one is so different to the old one in layout, how could it ever end up being the old one?

Purple44

Your logic is flawed.

If they make the new one the same as the old one, then surely its the old one improved.

I don't give a poop about visual eye candy, its the track layout I miss, it had everything.

The current one is so different to the old one in layout, how could it ever end up being the old one?

That the big issue, we want the old track layout back, with the bumps, the hills and the"ROCK"!!

The eye candy is secondary in a racing game!! You can have the greatest eye candy there is on the PC, but if the racing sucks, racing game not worth buying, playing!!  Eye candy is nice to have :), but GAME PLAY ALWAYS COME FIRST!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 02:20:22 AM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

Your logic is flawed.

That the big issue, we want the old track layout back, with the bumps, the hills and the"ROCK"!!

The eye candy is secondary in a racing game!! You can have the greatest eye candy there is on the PC, but if the racing sucks, racing game not worth buying, playing!!  Eye candy is nice to have :), but GAME PLAY ALWAYS COME FIRST!

Absolutely correct Purple!

That original Sandpit track had a very cool and unique feel to it, before it got totally redone with what we have now. it is a shame really, because it was a lot of fun!
and you are so correct about the nice eye candy not enough to make it have that special feeling anymore.  Hopefully this track is just a temporary solution for the new handling physics.
because as I see it now, it is really bland, boring, un defined, and most of all just plain awkward to race on. feels way to easy and of course not as aesthetically appealing any more.  :-[

BenDover

To be honest. To see old videos just on the game makes me sad, I really miss build 6, I liked the gameplay back then.. It wasent perfect but thats will always be my best memory of this game. build 7 destroyed a little bit of the charm build 6 had...

In build 7 we was gonna get more maps to play, its just feel like less now... I really wanna know "why" and "if" we can get the old track back... Becuse this track in unplayable in many ways in my opinion..

1. It crashing (my server) dont know about others servers.
2. Its empty and even my feeling for the new map is empty...

Maybe little off-topic, sry for that. Can we get our map back?
Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,

Dillinja187

Got to agree losing the best track within Wreckfest is NOT the greatest plan in the world, original sandpit had a charm like no other, it had it all !.

I\we don't wanna get bogged down in the technical reasons why and how it has turned out the way it has (although valid) more straight up answers are we going to get our track back however it is achieved ?

The luurve runs deep for this track, and what doesn't help the replacement track is shocking compared to Original Sandpit
Dillinja187 Wreckfest server :- Get Amongst it !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Dillinja187sServer

HAF-X===i4770k @ 4.5===Dark Rock Pro 2===MSI X-POWER z87===Zotac 980ti AMP Extreme===16 Gb Corsair 1866mhz=== Corsair 1200i PSU===X2 Samsung Evo Pro 256===Phillips 40" 4K monitor 4065uc===Win 8.1

F_Slim

Hi there,

I just re-played Wreckfest after some pause and actually registered here to start a thread about the Sandpit after playing it.
The track really lost all of its fun ... I really don't want to just come here and complain, though. I know this ia all work in progress, I'm hoping to give some constructive input, so I will try to summarize what I loved about the old track and feel is missing now:
1) as others already pointed out: objects. I remember the first time I drove on the track and there were tires flying around everywhere, cars smashing against bulldozers ... it was great!
2) the AI: maybe it's mainly because there isn't anything left they can crash into, but the track used to be a guarantee for a Wreckfest. I remember laughing like hell because cars were flying by, opponents not making the bend and crashing, looking back to see opponents overturning ... after 15 laps not even half of the cars were left, there were wrecks lying around everywhere providing additional obstacles you or the opponents could crash into raising even more havoc. Now I just drove 15 laps and I didn't see a single(!) wreck on the track!

This possibly is related to the blogpost from April 24: clean racing or not? Sure, when racing in the Sandpit you would often lose positions because of crashes or maybe not finish at all. I think this should not matter in a game like Wreckfest. In the old Sandpit I maybe lost the race, but I didn't care, because I just had SO much fun! I was grinning and laughing for 15 laps, who cares about winning? I think this is what Wreckfest should be about. To me the gaming-experience in the original Sandpit was perfect!!
I hope this helps.

(Not at all saying the game is bad now, I actually very much enjoyed a Speedway-Race even though I wasn't able to finish it ... but it wasn't as action-packed as the Sandpit used to be ... which is probably ok for a Speedway race, but a bit more stupidity in the AI could make it more fun)

Flying-Spirit

Bump

What's the point in early acess if devs don't even bother to properly answer to a thread like this, as much as i love BB for their games (and talent ofc), it feels rather neglecting regarding its community feedback.
Windows seven
i 7  4770k  3.50 ghz
16 gb ram
Nvidia  GTX 780

BrianUK

Bump

What's the point in early acess if devs don't even bother to properly answer to a thread like this, as much as i love BB for their games (and talent ofc), it feels rather neglecting regarding its community feedback.

This. I'm getting pretty pissed off with the wall of silence we are getting on this. I asked nicely, as have many others in this thread, and yet we get nothing.

I've lost a lot of interest in this game since we lost this track, and the random DNF's have been plaguing Sandpit 1 Route 2. There is only so long I can race on Tarmac and Gravel before I get bored.

Mopower

They probably toned everything down to make people want to do something other than the ovals... Had to make it easier, ya know... I think it's stupid too, but that's the only reasoning I can think of aside from major errors due to physics being changed. Then again, they've been pretty silent about everything lately as far as I can tell!
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

Sandmann

This. I'm getting pretty pissed off with the wall of silence we are getting on this. I asked nicely, as have many others in this thread, and yet we get nothing.

I've lost a lot of interest in this game since we lost this track, and the random DNF's have been plaguing Sandpit 1 Route 2. There is only so long I can race on Tarmac and Gravel before I get bored.

Same here.

Cornkid

Not so subtle BUMP.

Any chance of a reply from a dev if this track will make a return to its old layout please?