Author Topic: Original Sandpit - What's the Deal?  (Read 8752 times)

Purple44

Not so subtle BUMP.

Any chance of a reply from a dev if this track will make a return to its old layout please?

Ya inquiring minds would like to know if we will get the beloved original Sandpit track back in it original glory, but with the new eye candy in Dircetx11 and physically base render objects? :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Firebird

I played the Flatout prototype the other day have have only realised that sandpit is heavily based on track 2 of the prototype. Identical route to be exact.

It's great to play in the prototype :)
Win 10 Pro - i5 2500K - 12GB - R9 290

tolliverj

could some one link a download to the original sandpit files i am making a track pack of the tracks now so when they change i will still have them all, i need the .tcat and .scne files

Devin

could some one link a download to the original sandpit files i am making a track pack of the tracks now so when they change i will still have them all, i need the .tcat and .scne files
Doesn't work. The files were created for the old ROMU engine. Even the best hex editing couldn't bring back the original Sandpit. Even a hacky scne importer was unable to do anything useful with the files.

Back then the tracks were in a completely different format, I am not even sure if it was called .tcat and .scne back then, though one of them definitely already existed in a different layout

Daystar

Ahhh the memories of this good ol' track! I loved the original layout and the roadside objects (tractors) !!!                                                 _

Side note: cannot believe that pesky little euro car gave me a bit of a challenge haha!  :P