Author Topic: Strategy first trying to make a new FlatOut  (Read 2701 times)

Keras

So appearently Strategy First is trying to make a new FlatOut:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-oneps4pc-getting-new-destruction-themed-flato/1100-6428711/

I found several news posts about this but not the original announcement. Will surely be interesting what they are trying to make but I`m not going to pre-order it xD

Needles Kane

Developer is going to be Kylotonn. Ugh.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?developer=Kylotonn%20Entertainment

Truck racer is ok-ish as far as I know. Maybe they can make playable or at least bearable game.

dbs213

Truck racer is ok-ish as far as I know. Maybe they can make playable or at least bearable game.

Weren't those guys doing WRC 5 as well?

Anyway, not gonna be holding my breath for it. We have Wreckfest anyway.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 06:32:52 AM by dbs213 »
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Frisker

My guess is that Stategy First realized just how well Wreckfest is doing and wants to join in... Butwell, doesn't matter. Wreckfest is just what I want right now.

But it's sure going to be interesting to see what kind of FO they make. It's possible that the devs have talent, but if the publisher keeps pushing them(Like what happened to Team 6 on FO3) and they gotta release buggy, unfinished game.
But then again I doubt the game would sell at all.. I guess people remember the Chaos&Destruction fiasco pretty well, would be suicide doing that again. So interesting to see what it'll become.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Purple44

My guess is that Stategy First realized just how well Wreckfest is doing and wants to join in... Butwell, doesn't matter. Wreckfest is just what I want right now.

But it's sure going to be interesting to see what kind of FO they make. It's possible that the devs have talent, but if the publisher keeps pushing them(Like what happened to Team 6 on FO3) and they gotta release buggy, unfinished game.
But then again I doubt the game would sell at all.. I guess people remember the Chaos&Destruction fiasco pretty well, would be suicide doing that again. So interesting to see what it'll become.

I will have a hard time trusting Strategy First after what happen with Flatout 3
>:(

this line interests me "We cannot wait for the all new FlatOut to be available. When content creators and content consumers work together, everyone benefits by creating a superior, enduring, and fun game." mod tools confirmed?

Early Access?

That what I was thinking when I read this. Strategy First will try and crowd fund the making of this new "flatout". Here the publisher that already screwed over the Flatout community by selling Flatout 3 beta for $30 to get the Christmas sells!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Also, team6's site says Flatout C&D has a good fan base despite all the haters. Maybe I should have bought it way back when. ::)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Those that paid $30 on release day got ripped off by Strategy First for forcing Team6 to release a beta.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

If we could of beta tested Flatout5 before it got release ( I ask, but Strategy First would not give the permission ) and Team6 was give enough time to finish Flatout5, then we would of gotten a decent enough Flatout 2 type game. Team6 did get some patching to make game better after release but online was still buggy.

If this new "flatout" make it to Steam, I will be warning people about Strategy First being a BAD publisher and they should wait until there a demo to try before putting any money down on this racing game.

Buyer beware. And with Bugbear back on the scene, why take a chance on this new "flatout"?

Let Strategy First put up the development money to have Kylotonn make a new "flatout", then release a demo before release day so we can see if this new "flatout" worth buying. Also will PC version be a port of the console version? Want to bet a $50 Steam game that there will be no text chat online?   :P
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

I will have a hard time trusting Strategy First after what happen with Flatout 3
>:(

this line interests me "We cannot wait for the all new FlatOut to be available. When content creators and content consumers work together, everyone benefits by creating a superior, enduring, and fun game." mod tools confirmed?

Early Access?

That what I was thinking when I read this. Strategy First will try and crowd fund the making of this new "flatout". Here the publisher that already screwed over the Flatout community by selling Flatout 3 beta for $30 to get the Christmas sells!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Also, team6's site says Flatout C&D has a good fan base despite all the haters. Maybe I should have bought it way back when. ::)

Those that paid $30 on release day got ripped off by Strategy First for forcing Team6 to release a beta.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

If we could of beta tested Flatout5 before it got release ( I ask, but Strategy First would not give the permission ) and Team6 was give enough time to finish Flatout5, then we would of gotten a decent enough Flatout 2 type game. Team6 did get some patching to make game better after release but online was still buggy.

If this new "flatout" make it to Steam, I will be warning people about Strategy First being a BAD publisher and they should wait until there a demo to try before putting any money down on this racing game.

Buyer beware. And with Bugbear back on the scene, why take a chance on this new "flatout"?

Let Strategy First put up the development money to have Kylotonn make a new "flatout", then release a demo before release day so we can see if this new "flatout" worth buying. Also will PC version be a port of the console version? Want to bet a $50 Steam game that there will be no text chat online?   :P

Don't know if it might be a straight port of console, or if developed on PC and ported to console, but it doesn't sound like it will be a port of a Wii game, so there's that.
The video of their engine running another game didn't seem to look that bad.
 I plan to follow development enough to make an informed decision about buying, because I've been wanting more Flatout for so long.

But yeah, caveat emptor.  SF doesn't have a good track record.

Better get over there and request online chat. ;D

« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 09:44:43 PM by Zebulon55 »

Purple44

I posted I would never buy a Flatout game from Strategy First ever again after they screwed over the Flatout community with how Flatout5 get release. And made me look bad to the Flatout community since I was the one trying to get a new Flatout made and get the ball rolling.   :-[

So I will pass!!

BrianUK

SF are a very dodgy company, seems bankuptcy and not paying out are their methods to richness.

• Zebulon55

I posted I would never buy a Flatout game from Strategy First ever again after they screwed over the Flatout community with how Flatout5 get release. And made me look bad to the Flatout community since I was the one trying to get a new Flatout made and get the ball rolling.   :-[

So I will pass!!
    I should've wrote "I better get over there and request online chat", so I could win your bet for the $50 Steam game.

Seriously, though. You have FO5 - I don't. What price would it be worth? I only paid $12 for GGE. Is FO5 worth $12?

Frisker

So I will pass!!
    I should've wrote "I better get over there and request online chat", so I could win your bet for the $50 Steam game.

Seriously, though. You have FO5 - I don't. What price would it be worth? I only paid $12 for GGE. Is FO5 worth $12?

I tried it once for few races. I'd say it's worth.... something like that they pay you 5e and buy you a coffee.

It's simply horrible. Atleast to me.

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
    GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
    8Gb's RAM

Purple44

So I will pass!!

I would have to say Gas Guzzlers Extreme is definitely the better game, so $12 be to much.

Also last time I gave it a try, the latest patch at the time had screwed up the world physics to where I did not like what it did to the car on the mountain track, my favorite racing track in the game. Also game may not even start now!  :o

( but this is an old thread, things may of changed )
    Flatout 3 c+d final patch has destroyed it.

And I posted this in thread above:
    Quote from: Purple44;31853363
    I forgot about the online derby video I did back in Feb:

Here some Flatout 3 online derby action.

Flatout 3 had potential if Strategy First would of allow Team6 to let the Flatout community beta test FO3 for a month or two to get FO3 ready for prime time, before release. Instead Strategy First rush FO3 out before Christmas to make a quick buck.

Team6 deserve some credit. They bought some new ideas to the table, like the tornado in the ice lake derby and bring the surprise of a train in some the races. Team6 took community suggestions and tried to add them to the game. They gave us plenty of options. Which is getting rare these days.

Look at Codemasters DIRT Showdown, your stuck at 5 laps in an online figure 8 race. No changing the lap count! :( Need 8 laps and 10-12 players to have a good derby race on a figure 8 track.

By patch 6, the offline was getting about as good as it was going to get. Online still had issues. The last 2 patches seem to introduce new bugs. :( I still can not recommend buying Flatout 3. Especially if you like to do most your racing online like me.

Probably the best way to buy FO 3 is if you don't have Bugbear 3 Flatout games ( 1, 2 and Ultimate Carnage ), buy the complete package on a Steam sell.

I did like racing with Heddly's galaxy skin for the Mosquitah. I like the skin and the car very much. And the Christmas driver skin was an extra bonus.  ;D

Heddly did get the Mosquitah car into the Purplepack for Flatout 2.  :D

Needles Kane

Purple you have played 95 hours of FO3! That must be world record. I wonder how you remained sane.

It is not that bad game, it is bad but not as bad as everybody says. Almost playable. Just choose Muscle class (Or classic class, don't remember which one has only drivable vehicles in game.), set game speed slowest, damage multiplier lowest and you have almost bearable game.

I played game mostly through. Completed Race-, Offroad- and Monster Truck-modes, for some reason I did not get MM achievement or rewards in game. I also completed most of speed tracks, Splatouts and demolition derbys, one stunt and one challenge. And didn't cryed or considered suicide at once.

Quote from: Purple44
    And made me look bad to the Flatout community since I was the one trying to get a new Flatout made and get the ball rolling.
    Don't worry, we don't hate you - much.

Purple44

Quote from: Purple44
    And made me look bad to the Flatout community since I was the one trying to get a new Flatout made and get the ball rolling.
    Don't worry, we don't hate you - much.

Thanks, I did have good intentions, just it ended up going sideways in the end!

Did the train take you out? There a city track and it was tough for me to beat the AI, I was finally getting a good run, I was in 1st and then BAM!! that train hit me. That when I first learn there was real train in the game!  :o

I had some good moments in Flatout5 after couple of patches and turning off motionblur help a lot with the graphics.

Needles Kane

Did the train take you out? There a city track and it was tough for me to beat the AI, I was finally getting a good run, I was in 1st and then BAM!! that train hit me. That when I first learn there was real train in the game!
    Yea, same happened to me. I was first and then BAM. Probably every player ever played that track have experienced same.

While track layouts maybe not very memorable, some tracks could be fun to play with good physics. When there is modding tools for WF, we must try to convert FO3 tracks to WF if they allow custom tracks made from scratch - E.G. Not FO2 style, modifying only existing environments. Could be too wild for WF's realistic physics, but maybe city and countryside tracks?