Author Topic: New Flatout coming in 2016  (Read 10886 times)

crazychris4124

A new entry in the destruction derby-style racing game franchise FlatOut is due for release sometime next year.

Due to be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox One, the new FlatOut game will be developed by Kylotonn Games, the same studio working on this year's licensed WRC title.

See more at: http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/New-FlatOut-game-to-be-released-in-2016#sthash.zmAy1r2U.dpuf

sam223

I thought there was no market for this type of game according to publishers..... Either way, not excited. Wreckfest is already much better than flatout ever was. WRC5 doesn't looks very good either, so not expecting much.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Daystar

More info is located here Flatout Fans ;D ------ > http://www.strategyfirst.com/press/2343-the-all-new-flatout.html <------

Finsku

I'm not interested. FlatOut isn't same without Bugbear.  :)
I think it will be much more arcade like WRC5.

Daystar

Yes we know Bugbear rules! always have.. but that will not stop me from at least checking it out! lmao...

rhamm

I'll wait for the 90% off Steam sale.
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

LUNITIC_WILL

this line interests me "We cannot wait for the all new FlatOut to be available. When content creators and content consumers work together, everyone benefits by creating a superior, enduring, and fun game." mod tools confirmed?
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Cono

this line interests me "We cannot wait for the all new FlatOut to be available. When content creators and content consumers work together, everyone benefits by creating a superior, enduring, and fun game." mod tools confirmed?

Early Access?

St. Jimmy

I'm confused by this part
" The company is known for its proprietary ground breaking titles, such as the award winning “Flatout Racing” ™"

Is there some confusion between Flaout racing and FlatOut?
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

I'm confused by this part
" The company is known for its proprietary ground breaking titles, such as the award winning “Flatout Racing” ™"

Is there some confusion between Flaout racing and FlatOut?

GRRRRRRRRRR

This is Strategy First trying to take some credit for Bugbear work on the Flatout series. Strategy First did this with the release video for Flatout 3 where video show some footage of Flatout 1 and 2. Because of this video some people thought they were getting a Bugbear Flatout game when they bought Flatout 3.

Link to video:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/81305/movie480.webm?t=1323198750

Early Access?

That what I was thinking when I read this. Strategy First will try and crowd fund the making of this new "flatout". Here the publisher that already screwed over the Flatout community by selling Flatout 3 beta for $30 to get the Christmas sells!!  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Also, team6's site says Flatout C&D has a good fan base despite all the haters. Maybe I should have bought it way back when. ::)

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Those that paid $30 on release day got ripped off by Strategy First for forcing Team6 to release a beta.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

If we could of beta tested Flatout5 before it got release ( I ask, but Strategy First would not give the permission ) and Team6 was give enough time to finish Flatout5, then we would of gotten a decent enough Flatout 2 type game. Team6 did get some patching to make game better after release but online was still buggy.

If this new "flatout" make it to Steam, I will be warning people about Strategy First being a BAD publisher and they should wait until there a demo to try before putting any money down on this racing game.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

OMG Strategy Games published FlatOut 3 >:( And they're now together with Kylotonn Games. Likely not a bright future...
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Conte Zero

OMG Strategy Games published FlatOut 3 >:( And they're now together with Kylotonn Games. Likely not a bright future...

Sorry about the double thread then, now it sounds like old news, but I got quite upset and worried when I heard the story this afternoon
so the publisher has a bad reputation, and I have no idea about the developer.
Is the whole story that bad in the end???
Saippuakivikauppias

Purple44

Sorry about the double thread then, now it sounds like old news, but I got quite upset and worried when I heard the story this afternoon
so the publisher has a bad reputation, and I have no idea about the developer.
Is the whole story that bad in the end???

I think the odds are high that things will go badly with Strategy Games involved.

From the old Flatout Steam forum:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?p=29025773#post29025773

Quote from: Purple44;29025773
Checking out Strategy First forum, seem Strategy First has had issues with other game makers when it come to releases of PC games here on Steam:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=896604

I for one will never buy a Strategy First game again, even if it has Flatout in the tittle.

The guys at Kylotonn Games, you better get SF to pay you in advance for developing a new game.   ;)

Here the thread where I made my first post after giving Flatout5 ( FO 3 ) a spin after it got release:

Team6/Strategy First should of let us beta FO3 before releasing it! :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Cono

Woudn't wait too much from this new Flatout.
WRC 5 looks like to be their project too.
And it looks pretty bad compared to DiRT Rally...

KazzyMac

Well, at least we can assume that it'll actually have good graphics this time compared to The Flatout Game That Shall Not Be Named.

... Not that it's making me have any higher hopes given that it's still the same publisher behind it...
My Lam0r Rig:

Corsair Graphite 780T & Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Intel i7-3930K @ 4.2Ghz
16GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 2x8GB DDR3 2400Mhz RAM
MSI GTX980 4G OC, 4GB GDDR5
256GB Kingston HyperX 3K SSD & 2TB Samsung SATA HDD
Asus Rampage IV Black Edition
27" Asus VS278Q (1ms)
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1