Author Topic: New Flatout coming in 2016  (Read 10697 times)

Lazosa

So a new "flatout" i coming out ?  :P

Adenru

Sorry, I' a fan of FlatOut, not "FlatOut" name.

crazychris4124

New FlatOut titled FlatOut 4: Total Insanity

The next entry in the FlatOut series, previously announced as due out in 2016, will be called FlatOut 4: Total Insanity, publisher Strategy First announced.

In addition to Kylotonn Entertainment, developer Tiny Rebel Games will work closely with Strategy First in “providing services in all areas of the development and promotion cycle.” The studio is described by Strategy First as being “instrumental” to the creation of franchises including Grand Theft Auto, Midnight Club, BioShock, and Borderlands.

“We’ve been fans of the FlatOut franchise for years now for its focus on fun, accessible, over the top combative racing,” said Lee Cummings, Creative Director of Tiny Rebel Games. “The Kylotonn team brings tremendous experience in racing, and with them we hope to deliver a new FlatOut experience which pays homage to what fans love about the franchise yet goes beyond it in outrageousness, richness of environment and design, and community involvement.”

http://gematsu.com/2015/08/new-flatout-titled-flatout-4-total-insanitym

Screenshots in the link.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 07:30:57 PM by crazychris4124 »

WorldofBay

can't read your post because of the huge picture :(
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

LUNITIC_WILL

it makes me sad that they won't allow ultimate carnage to be backwards compatible on the xbox one. they know the next one isn't as good so they won't make it available again. it'll make em more $$$
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

crazychris4124

can't read your post because of the huge picture :(

Oops I added the pic then went to work. Don't see anything special at the moment of this game. Gonna need to see a lot more before I make a decision to buy it or skip it.

rhamm

Looks like they're allowing people to vote on which Bugbear track they port to the new game.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/FlatOut/
Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz, Geforce GTX 670
16GB DDR3
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2 with Porsche 918 RSR
V1 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

St. Jimmy

Looks like they're allowing people to vote on which Bugbear track they port to the new game.

http://www.strategyfirst.com/FlatOut/

Seems like they're going for FO2 style of a game. I'm not interested but FO2/UC fans migh be.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

So who this Tiny Rebel Games studio?

With help Google, did not find much except they did Android, Doctor Who: Legacy

Does Strategy First plan to make a phone version of this Flatout?
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

WorldofBay

if you look at the tiny rebel tab there you'll see some big games where they contributed: 3 gtas, civ 4, bioshock, borderlands... some great names there
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:04:15 AM by WorldofBay »
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Purple44

if you look at the tiny rebel tab there you'll see some big games where they contributed: 3 gtas, civ 4, bioshock, borderlands... some great names there

I first I thought this might be hype from Startegy First. But it look like the 2 Devs have been in the gaming industry for a long while:

http://invisioncommunity.co.uk/interview-tiny-rebel-games-developers-doctor-legacy/

Majatek

I thought there was no market for this type of game according to publishers.....
This is the exact sentiments that I have to this and the publishers of FO4.

Bugbear already won my heart over with Wreckfest. Everything else is too late to the table.
YouTube - Twitter

www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPbRnpxjmm8

Having problems with purchasing NCG? Contact support@bugbear.fi

I moderate forums & break games

Purple44

I thought there was no market for this type of game according to publishers.....
This is the exact sentiments that I have to this and the publishers of FO4.

Bugbear already won my heart over with Wreckfest. Everything else is too late to the table.

There still a market for a Flatout 2 arcade style game. A lot players have ask Bugbear to do a Flatout 2 acrade style of game here in the forum. And Bugbear may do it down the road some day.

I just don't trust any game that has Strategy First involved after what happen to Team6 and Flatout5.  >:(

And I'm betting Strategy First will try and use crowd funding to finance Flatout 4.

dbs213

I'd hope for a MotorStorm-ish game from BB to go with the FO2 arcade gameplay...if they do plan on doing an arcade game that is.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Acierocolotl

Don't let yourselves get deceived.  It's Tiny Rebel in conjunction with Kylotonn.  Tiny Rebel is just there as programming deodorant to make Kylotonn smell nicer.