Author Topic: New Flatout coming in 2016  (Read 13160 times)

TheEngiGuy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDb9NUERohU

It looks like FO1 and FO2 but with worse physics

It also seems to be lacking in car deformation.

Props to them for reintroducing old Flatout modes, graphics also look very good, but it's lacking the most important parts that made the series memorable: physics and crashes. Otherwise it would have been a good arcade alternative to Wreckfest.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2017, 04:31:01 PM by TheEngiGuy »

sam223

Itll please those who wanted wreckfest to be another flatout game no doubt. Personally ill be skipping it, as it looks like FO:UC again (better looking flatout2) and i have no interest in revisiting that.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

St. Jimmy

I only see 2 and UC kind of gameplay. I'm skipping but there should be people who enjoy that game.
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Mazay

That sure beats the flatout 3, looks kind of cool actually.

Daystar

The environments look pretty good actually. but still... Wreckfest is where my heart is at. Yet we still have no career mode. hope Bugbear gives us one.

Orbotnive T

To me it looks as if they almost hit the mark of the old ones. Not quite. I can't get it anyway unless a PC version arrives at some point but from the trailer it looks like why bother, I still have FOUC if I feel like a go

Heddly

I have FOUC also. I just like the cars but the damage is missing. Don't think I would buy if it was available for the PC. [thumbs down]

Zebulon55

If it comes out for PC, I might buy it. But not at the $50 price of the console versions.  :o
Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

crazychris4124

Hopefully they release the official trailer soon

rhamm

Hopefully they release the official trailer soon

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:30:02 PM by rhamm »
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700X, Geforce GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2.5 with Porsche 918 RSR
V3 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

LUNITIC_WILL

since SF is still with the series, i'm gonna be on the fence and let other people waste their money. if it's good, they'll say so. vice versa as well
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

rhamm

Looks like they released another trailer.  This looks truly awful.  Not sure why this trailer says April 2017 and the first one said March 2017.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 06:32:03 PM by rhamm »
Windows 10
Ryzen 7 1700X, Geforce GTX 1070
32GB DDR4
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel V2.5 with Porsche 918 RSR
V3 Clubsport Pedals plugged into wheel as 1 device

Zebulon55

This looks truly awful.

Looks like it'll run fast on older hardware. Gameplay is key; eye candy is extra.
A fun game is a fun game even with less current graphics & physics.

Awesome graphics and physics details can't save a game that isn't fun.

I guess we'll find out which one Flatout 4 is when reviews come out in April.  :-\

Dell Inspiron 17 7720 with Nvidia GT650 graphics. Keyboard control.

Lame, I know.

I read on the Steam comments section for Wreckfest from time to time and it seems there are many who are unhappy with Wreckfest because some of the FlaoutOut fans want Bugbear to take this game in that direction. I really, really hope they do not because if they do, I'd delete this game off of my machine so fast that it would make my own head spin.

For me, the difference between Flatout and Wreckfest is the same as watching a Saturday morning cartoon or a movie.