Author Topic: New Flatout coming in 2016  (Read 9767 times)

TheEngiGuy

I read on the Steam comments section for Wreckfest from time to time and it seems there are many who are unhappy with Wreckfest because some of the FlaoutOut fans want Bugbear to take this game in that direction. I really, really hope they do not because if they do, I'd delete this game off of my machine so fast that it would make my own head spin.

For me, the difference between Flatout and Wreckfest is the same as watching a Saturday morning cartoon or a movie.

I gotta admit, I backed this game thinking it would be another arcade game with "silly" elements by Bugbear (even though the only reason I insta-bought it is because of the damage showcase), but seeing how it is going towards authenticity I'd say: Fu@#§°g finally! 13 years have passed since the last (good) authentic banger racing/derby game... It's probably time to revive the genre already.
I'm not saying it should be a complete simulation, just believable in both physics and content.

PS: FlatoutOut
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:29:39 PM by TheEngiGuy »

sam223

I dont think the visuals look that bad.Graphics are low on my priority list. But the driving and physics in FO4 look poor and dated imo. Mass-less objects,mass-less cars,non existent damage model, cars that just rotate on a axis rather than traction+steering (handbrake turn at 0:33 seconds). It reminds me of really old games,before the days of modern cpus which could cope with physics calculations in realtime. The lack of depth is just hidden behind a thin gloss of explosions and motion blur.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 11:57:02 PM by sam223 »
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Purple44

http://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/comments/Flatout-4-Total-Insanity-Steam-release-confirmed-for-April

Flatout 4 is coming to PC in April but it looks pretty bad.

"Flatout 4: Total Insanity will be coming to the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles in March. "

Hmmm, if console version make it out in March, then the PC guys could get an early look at Flatout 4?

Me, I have to stick to my guns and take a pass on FO4 because of Strategy First. Also I do most my racing and derbying online. I'm now spoiled by Wreckfest with 16+ players online. Can't go back to 8 players online.

In this day and age, all racing games should have at least 12 players online and offline, like GRID 1 had way back in 2008.  :D

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

LUNITIC_WILL

it doesn't seem as bad as the initial trailer nor FlatOut 3 but i'm only seeing videos. anybody play it yet?
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

Purple44

it doesn't seem as bad as the initial trailer nor FlatOut 3 but i'm only seeing videos. anybody play it yet?

Amazon says, "This item will be released on May 2, 2017. ", for the PS4.

https://www.amazon.com/FlatOut-4-PlayStation/dp/B01MU1CBUM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1490338611&sr=8-1&keywords=Flatout-4-Total-Insanity

Here a video from the guys over at Team VVV. Look like they got their hands on a preview version.

Video does mention the March 17 release date, but seem the Flatout 4: Total Insanity console version has been delay to a May 2 release date now. I assume the PC will be release sometime after console version. No news yet at Steam of a Flatout 4: Total Insanity.

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

St. Jimmy

Weird. Some sites have already given a review. Usually reviews don't happen until the product is at release state...
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Daystar

Weird. Some sites have already given a review. Usually reviews don't happen until the product is at release state...

Exactly! one of my fave Brittish youtubers FAILRACE, aside from Jambon posted a review about this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvmhfPa1fzk

RickyB

Amazon says, "This item will be released on May 2, 2017. ", for the PS4.

It looks like it has been released in Europe, but not yet in US. If you look here -> http://www.play-asia.com/search/flatout+4   there are 2 versions for each console.
Europe : Official Release Date - Mar 17, 2017      US: Official Release Date - May 02, 2017

Seen some videos - to me it looks... meh - what's great in Wreckfest like crashes/ deformation/ physics/ handling etc. seems to be bad or horrible in FO4. On the other hand I like the the destructible environment and there seem to be lots of gamemodes in FO4. But it's only half the fun if the driving physics seem weird. Doesn't seem to be something that will stand the test of time like FO1 or 2.

Review from IGN.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:27:00 PM by RickyBøbby »

MamieNova

I have no idea how the game feels, but I have to say I like the track design, be it the environment or the multiple routes.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

sam223

I think i said it in another thread before. That this will certainly tick the boxes for those who wanted wreckfest to just be another generic arcade racing clone. For me it does nothing, just from watching the videos it feel like i played it many times before, back before the days of physics fidelity. I want innovation or at least improvements in new games that i play/buy, not just more of the same with a new coat of gloss.
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MamieNova

well, flatout is all about the madness of speed and crashes (though what I saw of the 4rth seems to lack the crashes/kills, might be the player...)
However, I like the wreckfest gameplay, but I wouldn't mind crazier tracks.
The first versions of sandpit 1 & 2 had construction machines as obstacles on the tracks and all, that was the kind of stuff I find currently lacking. In the same way, I'd like to race through a mall and stuff like that.
Physics realism does not force the game to only feature professional racetracks. In my opinion, it's a damn videogame, why not race in a city with this awesome engine?
Stuff like tarmac 3 is annoying to me, it makes sense in real life to only race on "safe" playgrounds, but in a videogame, you might as well go a bit more bonkers. Some kind of creepy haunted castle, a skatepark, sewers, whatever, basically everything works as an envrionment for racing.
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

LUNITIC_WILL

I think i said it in another thread before. That this will certainly tick the boxes for those who wanted wreckfest to just be another generic arcade racing clone. For me it does nothing, just from watching the videos it feel like i played it many times before, back before the days of physics fidelity. I want innovation or at least improvements in new games that i play/buy, not just more of the same with a new coat of gloss.
well, i was looking forward to wreckfest being close to FlatOut 2 in terms of everything since it was my favorite of the series.
"one shall stand, one shall fall" Optimus Prime 1984-present

RickyB

Oh, the PC version is available on Steam ...  http://store.steampowered.com/app/402130   
Release date for Flatout 4 - 04.04.2017 - coincidence? :)

RacerBest

Why does PC version get more content? :( Would have waited for the PC release instead of getting it on PS4 if I knew there was going to be more content in it.

It's ok arcade racing game but maybe not worth the full price. Easily better than Flatout 3 but not even close to being as good as Bugbear's Flatouts.