Author Topic: Wreckfest Mods Site  (Read 13025 times)

Axarator

I really think there either needs to be a separate forum category in this forums for the mods, or a site with all the mods on it so it is easier for people to find mods that could be buried under other things.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

dbs213

I think a sub-forum would be just right. It worries me when a modding topic suddenly dies down and gets buried within the general discussion section.
But if someone can bring back FOJ with the all the files it had then I'll be really happy
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Purple44

I think a sub-forum would be just right. It worries me when a modding topic suddenly dies down and gets buried within the general discussion section.
But if someone can bring back FOJ with the all the files it had then I'll be really happy

I would like to see a modding sub section too.  Would make it easier to find modding threads.   :)
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Aerotactics

I would like to see a modding sub section too.  Would make it easier to find modding threads.   :)

+1

Although the term "mod" has a variable definition. It could mean "to alter in a way it wasn't originally intended" or for instance a vehicle setup, something intended for the game and anyone could make from within the game.

Axarator

+1

Although the term "mod" has a variable definition. It could mean "to alter in a way it wasn't originally intended" or for instance a vehicle setup, something intended for the game and anyone could make from within the game.
Well, there could be a description or a rules for the sub forum. I wish a Bugbear staff member could join this conversation to start a poll for if we should create on or not.

Purple44

+1

Well, there could be a description or a rules for the sub forum. I wish a Bugbear staff member could join this conversation to start a poll for if we should create on or not.

Since Bugbear has said they will support modding and Janne just recently said "Also modding tools, work on which has already began.", I think we will see a modding section sooner or later.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

dbs213

Since Bugbear has said they will support modding and Janne just recently said "Also modding tools, work on which has already began.", I think we will see a modding section sooner or later.

My eyes popped out when I first saw Janne's post, and I'm still trying to pull them back in. Love it when upcoming games have confirmed modding support.
My Specs: Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz | 8GB Ram| Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 | Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit | 1TB Hard Drive
======================================
"Straight roads are for fast cars, turns are for fast drivers." - Colin McRae (1968 - 2007)

Axarator

+1

Also, hopefully threads like breckfest are moved to the modding section.

Aerotactics

+1

Also, hopefully threads like breckfest are moved to the modding section.

And if it were my choice, the modding section should be towards the "alter the game by inserting or changing with an outside source." So, like in the case of Skyrim, you can use the game's assets to create something new, but it's done with an outside tool called the Creation Kit. Using the same kit you can insert new assets as well. I'm sure there's a better definition, but that's basically what I can come up with.

Axarator

My idea was heard!