Author Topic: Server custom content  (Read 1574 times)

Axarator

I've already discussed this via steam to a member of bugbear, but I still feel I want my idea heard by more. My idea is that you have a data folder in the server folder where the client downloads custom textures or other things for the server.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Finsku

This would be great idea. Example you could add your own add example own server logos on advertising canvases, or then add dedicated server's sponsors to these advertising..  things (can't figure right name).

DeadMeat

This would be great idea. Example you could add your own add example own server logos on advertising canvases, or then add dedicated server's sponsors to these advertising..  things (can't figure right name).
Yeah, like pictures of genitals. Oh, wait a second...
i5-4670, GTX660Ti 353.30, 8Gb, Windows 10 64-bit build 10240

Frisker

Would love this. Just gotta hope that it's not gonna be like Counter Strike 1.6 and Source(Don't know about GO), that every server has 123000 plugins, textures and other small stuff. So everytime I joined a new server I would wait around 15-45 minutes for it to download them all :P

i5 2310, 2.9Ghz
GeForce GTX 750 ti, 2Gb
8Gb's RAM

Finsku

Or octopuses and tentacles..  Ehm.. Right...

But back to topic. If host is creating competition host could create custom tents and posters for competiton.. Would be cool!
Would love this. Just gotta hope that it's not gonna be like Counter Strike 1.6 and Source(Don't know about GO), that every server has 123000 plugins, textures and other small stuff. So everytime I joined a new server I would wait around 15-45 minutes for it to download them all :P

If (and when) Wreckfest supports mods and plugins I hope this kind auto download comes when joining to servers. This could be malvare or virus issue,I don't know how they blocked malvares and viruses with CS

Axarator

Or octopuses and tentacles..  Ehm.. Right...

But back to topic. If host is creating competition host could create custom tents and posters for competiton.. Would be cool!

If (and when) Wreckfest supports mods and plugins I hope this kind auto download comes when joining to servers. This could be malvare or virus issue,I don't know how they blocked malvares and viruses with CS
Well, at the moment, we can only really modify textures with Errols Breckfest, so that would mean that the file would need to just be valid as an anti virus. If you just renamed a virus .bmap it wouldn't have a valid image so it should only download valid files. This would be great for nascar or team races where they have numbers for each car!

Adenru

I see you've visited my favourite tf2 server at tf2's down.

Also when making game available for user content it is absolutely necessary to make this content as easy to get as possible. Users are lazy, very lazy so automatic download is always the best solution.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 10:23:59 AM by Adenru »

Axarator

I see you've visited my favourite tf2 server at tf2's down.

Also when making game available for user content it is absolutely necessary to make this content as easy to get as possible. Users are lazy, very lazy so automatic download is always the best solution.
You could just make a website for your custom server and you have to register there and be verified to have the mods installed.