Author Topic: Tarmac (Forest5) cutting and leaderboards  (Read 3859 times)

jymstr

... , but let's be honest, get them on a track to play fair with the big boys and they are exposed faster than a kilt-wearing man in a hurricane.

hilarious, you made my day  :D
Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64, 8GB RAM
Core i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz, 3801 MHz, 4 Cores
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
SanDisk SDSSDX240GG25
Input Device: Keyboard

MamieNova

I wouldn't mind quicker yet riskier alternative routes. Just throw some well placed obstacles in the way =)
Words are ones' power and others' last resort.
----
Asus X99 Deluxe, 6-cores i7-5930k@3.5Ghz,
DDR4 16GB@3.2Ghz, Poseidon GTX980,
Windows 10 x64
----
alternate :  Asus ROG G750JX-T4279H
----
Shameless boasting ^^ :
- Thermaltake Level 10 Titanium Edition
- Harman Kardon GLA-55

TomHanks

I really hope you guys can do something about this cutting-problem. For me, "record hunting" is one of the most motivating things in car games and it is really sad if first spots on the leaderboards are filled with unfair lap times. Yes, i know i could do this cutting too but i won´t do it... In many other car games, your laptimes will be invalidated if you go too far out of the track. Maybe that would be good solution here too?
INTEL i5-4690K @ 4.2GHZ | GIGABYTE GTX 970 G1 GAMING | MSI Z97-GD65 GAMING | 8GB KINGSTON HYPERX FURY DDR3 1600MHz | 1TB SEAGATE BARRACUDA HDD 7200RPM | NOCTUA NH-U12S | XFX PRO750W | XBOX 360 WIRELESS CONTROLLER

KingOfTheCakes

As others have said, just make the off route grass/mud areas more slippery. That's the problem atm, you don't have to slow down at all on the areas you can cut.

Sidenote; I hope in the update we have the option to disable that "slow down" we have when we go too far off track. It's not always our fault we got there in the first place.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 11:28:46 PM by KingOfTheCakes »
Intel Core i5-4690k CPU @ 3.50 ghz
AMD Radeon R9 270x Sapphire GPU
8gb Ram DDR2
Corsair 750w PSU
Windows 7 64-bit OS

happyrichie

i like what brianuk says, make the dirt more slippery, i hate the idea of off track speed limiting just as much as i hate the weird ass sticky walls.

ive been thinking about this a bit more recently and what i would like 2 see is explosive barrels in the tarmac cut line and slight holes in the ground on speed way 2, 2 throw you off course.

x and hop are the best 2 racers ive raced with so i dont know what you guy are expecting if they remove the cut lines. im my opinion the only 2 tracks that need addressing are tarmac and sandpit 2, for those of you that dont cut i can tell you that cutting sp1 route 1 forward knocks of about 0.500 and try getting that consistant in a race is near impossible, same with gravel, if you can do it you should be allowed 2 even if the leaderboards default the lap times when all 4 wheels leave the track. i think if bugbear enable speed limiting that will be the end of wreckfest because it puts noobs at a major disadvantage, they will never be able 2 stay on the track, thats what the game is about, hitting cars all over the place and i like speed, if i have 2 drive slow everywhere or clean i might as well be playing assetto corsa which i bought like 5 months ago and still only has 85 minutes play time. the longevity of wreckfest is the fast crashes and that is what keeps me playing, without it this game will be dead be4 it gets released.