Author Topic: So objects have lost their weight completely  (Read 1046 times)

Adenru

It is possible to plow though wooden fence with near zero resistence like in FO2, when I was reading about physics rework I thought it was also about making objects more interactive but right now they are just boring air-fillled shapes which wasn't the case in earlier builds.

I don't get it: on the one hand we have car physics getting more and more complex but on the other hand environment itself became way more simple and boring. Please tell me these baloons are just placeholders.

Keras

I hope they just didn`t get the weighty objects working with the new physics in time. In fact they don`t have any resistance at all. You can touch a fence at walking speed and it will crumble while in the past it would stop you if you were too slow.

Tapio Vierros

I'm not sure about the break force of the fences, but in general having heavy objects is currently tricky, because they are not synced in multiplayer. Having unsynchronized heavy objects in the scene will lead to frustration as sometimes players will collide with the stuff in server (e.g. stopping, spinning or slowing you), but on the client player sees nothing that should have cause that as the object has previously diverged to some other place on his machine.

We will look into improving this at some point, but it's not a priority right now (and not trivial to sync hundreds of objects without crippling the netcode performance and bandwidth requirements).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 01:02:30 PM by Tapio Vierros »

BrianUK

I'm not sure about the break force of the fences, but in general having heavy objects is currently tricky, because they are not synced in multiplayer. Having unsynchronized heavy objects in the scene will lead to frustration as sometimes players will collide with the stuff in server (e.g. stopping, spinning or slowing you), but on the client player sees nothing that should have cause that as the object has previously diverged to some other place on his machine.

We will look into improving this at some point, but it's not a priority right now (and not trivial to sync hundreds of objects without crippling the netcode performance and bandwidth requirements).

If this is the case, then why not remove the diggers and trucks on Sandpit 1 Route 2? These bloody things don't sync and cause untold trouble with people getting instantly DNF'd by things they can't see. This was an issue I brought up last year, while we had build 6, and nothing has been done to help the situation while a proper solution is worked on.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6782.0.html
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 03:31:15 PM by BrianUK »

YesNo

If this is the case, then why not remove the diggers and trucks on Sandpit 1 Route 2? These bloody things don't sync and cause untold trouble with people getting instantly DNF'd by things they can't see. This was an issue I brought up last year, while we had build 6, and nothing has been done to help the situation while a proper solution is worked on.

http://community.bugbeargames.com/index.php/topic,6782.0.html
maybe they work as corner cutting prevention , but in this case they can easily be replaced by sand pile or somthing