Author Topic: Developers and testers NEEDED Hide and Seek server.  (Read 3236 times)

Axarator

Developers with modding skill and good testers like myself are needed for a new project of mine; Hide and Seek game mode for wreckfest. This will be for a server and will be a mod of alot of files, and probably won't be modding or creating an actual game mode file. Here is the plan for now, feel free to take part in the ideas with a reply.

map
The map used will be speed bowl or a custom map.
gamemode settings/ server settings
The mode will be set to deathmatch or team deathmatch (where there's a hiding and a seeking team) the seeking team could be just bots because they are too dumb to watch you hide. When you collide with the seekers you will die instantly, maybe   with an explosion or something. Then the hiding team can't respawn somehow.
cars
Maybe custom cars for hiders and seekers. The seeker car could have a delayed start acting as a countdown to mark when they can start seeking, and the hiding car will have really low health so when they collide it will die. 
There would have to be no friendly fire.

misc
A countdown for the seekers team where the whole screen blacks out at the start of the match.
Maybe also the seekers could only begin once each hider has frozen themselves in there hiding position, signifying them as "ready"  for the seekers to seek. Maybe the bots could be zombies in class a cars and you have to run in class d cars away, but that's another idea ????
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

Errol

What have you worked out so far?

Axarator

What have you worked out so far?
Still in the ideas phase. You know you're the kind of Peterson I am looking for.

II-WalkerGer-II

When do you want to test?
Think like a Proton!

My Rig | Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 | AMD Ryzen 1600x @ 4.1Ghz | Dark Rock Pro Cooler | 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM | Windows 10 | Custom Build Case

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/FuMOr

Matrix404

Im up for helping skin and test, i could help with development but im still not that great at reading hex, yet as some of the others here...
i7 920 @ 2.67 Ghz, 6 GB DDR3, GTX 760, Win7 64bit, Keyboard

WorldofBay

i'm currently looking at the gamemode files but i haven't found any damage effects yet. well to be honest i almost only found values that do nothing obvious (just little testing) and values that cause the game to crash.

but i found the value responsible for respawn on/off in deathmatch.gmpl and lastmanstanding.gmpl ... and a value that changes the cash prize for mad dog in bangerrace.gmpl ... had a -65.4xx there which is almost -2^16

aaand i found a value that causes instant death in deathmatch...
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

WorldofBay

oh so funny i found a byte that does fuck everything up in team-deathmatch.

normally it's 0x87, with 0x21, 0x40 or 0x4B game does crash (other gamemode values, 0x21 for example is lastmanstanding value)

but 0x88 causes the AI to not respawn any more although it's possible, also after resetting you can't touch anything, the no-touch timer simply doesn't run off. points are very high, 200,000 is a normal value then.

0x8B is even more fucked up, AI doesn't respawn, instant contact timer of 45 seconds, if it runs out you die and game is over. but if you die from normal hits you can still respawn. points are extremely high, i see 10636754 for a takedown but ranking just runs out of space there so i think there are couple of digits missing. AI sometimes resets while driving just because fuck you. it doesn't even mind if you're watching like it does normally. and sometimes contact timer got lowered for a friendly hit, mostly not ... but it did disappear after every hit, reappearing after 2-3 sec without contact. i also died at a wall once and it set my timer to zero so game was over, but my death didn't count then.

i keep trying other values there, so hilarious :D
« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 05:19:45 PM by WorldofBay »
Keyboard racer inside!

biggest mistake ever.

Axarator

oh so funny i found a byte that does fuck everything up in team-deathmatch.

normally it's 0x87, with 0x21, 0x40 or 0x4B game does crash (other gamemode values, 0x21 for example is lastmanstanding value)

but 0x88 causes the AI to not respawn any more although it's possible, also after resetting you can't touch anything, the no-touch timer simply doesn't run off. points are very high, 200,000 is a normal value then.

0x8B is even more fucked up, AI doesn't respawn, instant contact timer of 45 seconds, if it runs out you die and game is over. but if you die from normal hits you can still respawn. points are extremely high, i see 10636754 for a takedown but ranking just runs out of space there so i think there are couple of digits missing. AI sometimes resets while driving just because fuck you. it doesn't even mind if you're watching like it does normally. and sometimes contact timer got lowered for a friendly hit, mostly not ... but it did disappear after every hit, reappearing after 2-3 sec without contact. i also died at a wall once and it set my timer to zero so game was over, but my death didn't count then.

i keep trying other values there, so hilarious :D
Like I said, it doesn't have to be just the gamemode file, all the modded files will be downloaded from an external link before joining the server. Mod anything, however someone with visual basic skills or something could help by making a program that toggles the modded files.

Axarator

Also speed bowl is the best hide and seek map atm because there is barriers to hide behind. The main thing to be made would be a countdown for the seeking team before they can seek.

WorldofBay

game HUD and points score are mainly made in other files, if you start a team mode disguised as no team mode then you have no visible teams and no team points.

so this countdown with black screen has to get coded somewhere in the game itself i think, which is quite a lot of modding.
Keyboard racer inside!

biggest mistake ever.

Axarator

game HUD and points score are mainly made in other files, if you start a team mode disguised as no team mode then you have no visible teams and no team points.

so this countdown with black screen has to get coded somewhere in the game itself i think, which is quite a lot of modding.
You could have an external overlay, but that would require a lot of trust.

Axarator

i'm currently looking at the gamemode files but i haven't found any damage effects yet. well to be honest i almost only found values that do nothing obvious (just little testing) and values that cause the game to crash.

but i found the value responsible for respawn on/off in deathmatch.gmpl and lastmanstanding.gmpl ... and a value that changes the cash prize for mad dog in bangerrace.gmpl ... had a -65.4xx there which is almost -2^16

aaand i found a value that causes instant death in deathmatch...
The insta death kills all without contact? If so it could kill all and only allow for hiders to respawn for a certain time and then allow the seekers.

WorldofBay

it kills everybody instantly after starting countdown runs out. since it's deathmatch, AI respawns but the human player remains dead and the game is over. half a sec derby is not that much fun, maybe it's usable with further modding but at the moment it's just useful for trolling.

biggest problem for me atm is that many changes affect the cash prizes very hard and i don't want that, they should remain where they used to be. this is the biggest reason for me not showing publicly what to change.
Keyboard racer inside!

biggest mistake ever.

Axarator

All that wants to dev and test and help out, add me on steam :)

Aerotactics

This mode would be a lot better with 1) a custom map, 2) names above players turned off, and 3) have the hiders that are found turned into the seekers team.