Author Topic: Prop Replacement  (Read 2888 times)

conso1727

Post here videos and screenshots of experiments with prop replacement.
Here, I replaced the Figure of 8 and small stadium's barrier with traffic cones

WorldofBay

i also got it to mod banger race and elimination race to allow respawn.

and i had negative credits amount because of overflow after getting heavy hitter and mad dog both worth 2 billion credits... but after another try i got enough money to probably be the richest player now...
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Purple44

Very good work here.   :D
Can we get a short description please of what files to change where to have these results ?
Thanks.

OK, I redid my post:

Wreckfest, new figure 8 track?

Thanks from a little help from Mazay saving the time to figure out what objects to swap, I was able to turn the small derby track into a figure 8 track. Could even do an oval track. These are tracks ideas for later when we have modding tools to make custom tracks.

Wreckfest, new figrue 8 track?

Was disappointed to find out I did not have to go far from derby pit to find un-solid ground\ sink holes. I would like to have been able to free roam further away from derby arena.  :( There label to be another custom track "out there" if the ground was solid. Bugbear, any chance of firming up the ground outside small derby pit? Please!

What I did with help from  Mazay:

In data\art\objects, replace prop_barrier3a.scne with prop_derby_ramp1.scne ( rename to prop_barrier3a.scne ). Also rename prop_portable_fence.scne to prop_portable_fence111.scne to get rid of gate that block you from using the narrow ramp to get out of derby pit.

I made copies of /art folder and the files I tweaked. Number one rule of modding, backup your stock files!

« Last Edit: August 04, 2015, 03:47:05 PM by Purple44 »
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

FalconXY

Can we get a short description please of what files to change where to have these results ?
Thanks.
Intel i7-3770, 8GB RAM, ATI R9 390X 8GB, Win10 64bit, G27 wheel

Daystar

Thanks.

Yes I am also on board with you here FalconXY

I would also like to be able to easily enable such an enhancement!

WorldofBay

Thanks.

for things like in my vid you currently need a hex editor. i could write a small program that automatically chooses the right byte and shows you possible values for it with maybe a description of what happens for the more important ones.

but before i show my current knowledge to the "normal" people i want to examine what really is possible. other modder that want to help to make that process faster can just add me in steam to talk about game mode modding.

had a online play with purple yesterday with modded elimination race, we 2 versus 5 bots on speedway 2 (it's kind of a team race for only 2 teams: human vs AI). sadly we lost, but it was fun.
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce 660ti
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Keyboard racer inside!

Quote from: Roy
i laugh everytime i see somebody pulling on WorldofBay to overtake clean.
biggest mistake ever.

Quote from: sam223
Poor planning is a big problem for a lot of EA titles
like fifa, simcity, battlefield, ...

Axarator

The _base.scne file in the map folder tells the map to load the certain props.
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition

conso1727

Thanks.

The figure of 8 / small stadium barriers are prop_barrier3a and prop_barrier3b

Mazay

Here the mudpit (levels/gameplayset/..derby2.scne) replaced with prop_derby_ramp1.scne

Bus as garage map.

sam223

Anyone found if you can change the material properties of props. E.g take the wooden fence from turn 1 gravel and make it indestructible
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, MSI GTX 1060 6GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

Mazay

Anyone found if you can change the material properties of props. E.g take the wooden fence from turn 1 gravel and make it indestructible

data\property\object\ .dntp files affect the mass of objects. I think infinitemass.dntp in place of other files turns everything pretty indestructible.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 05:25:08 PM by Mazay »

Purple44

Here the mudpit (levels/gameplayset/..derby2.scne) replaced with prop_derby_ramp1.scne

Hey, a King of the Roof map.  :o
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500 i7 8700, 16GB, Nvidia 660 960 1060 6GB, Win 10 64bit, DFGT Wheel

conso1727

Hey, a King of the Roof map.  :o
Heck yes!

Do the spawnpoints work?

Mazay

All cars spawn in the same spot and then explode all around.

Axarator

Someone should get the spawn points working and then make a king of the hill server!
Processor: Intel Core i4130 @ 3.40GHz 3.40GHz
Ram: 8Gb
HHD (Where Steam is installed): 2TB HHD
SSD(Where browser and poop is): 111GB
Graphics: ASUS GeForce GTX 960 OC Strix edition