Author Topic: Shorter tracks needed before Build 8 Rolls Out!  (Read 6945 times)

Purple44

brian your track has not 3 crossings, it in fact has none.

there would be one if inside direction is reverse to outside direction but like this it's just merging 2 lines and dividing again after short straight.

I didn't illustrate it very well, I'm a failure :( It's a rough drawing of a general idea, and things can easily be tightened up and adjusted, but the main aim was to simply preserve the speed of the cars. The lap involves running the inner oval, crossing onto the outer oval straight, then back in. The cars route themselves onto the outer oval, then tightening to use the short straight of the inner oval and back out to the run to the start/finish line. But, I'm not a track engineer, I'm an accountant, so what do I know? :D

@Purple: The tight circle was a little wider (from my memory) and wasn't quite at the end of the braking zone, and that's why it worked. I'm not against crossing 4, but the way it is illustrated puts it at a very slow section of track.

In the end, I would settle for the 8 we have now, but I'm not against an alternative configuration, not by any stretch of the imagination.

I had a train set that looked like that when I was a child.

I'd be a bit concerned racing on that track that I might collide with the 3:14 Trans Pennine Express from Blackpool.

We have ask for a train to be put in Wreckfest, like train we see in The Crew. Train would need a flat car or 2 so we could time a jump over the train for a shortcut. :)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Zebulon55

Thanks for the pic Daystar. Looking at that track, this figure 8 track came to mind for me when you said "extend":

"Extend" also inspired my attempt at a track, nicely rendered in MS Paint.

When the race starts, the cars thrust down the straight.
Approaching intersection #1, you jerk it to the right, then yank it to the left.
Go around the loop through intersection #1 again, then wrangle that thing back to the right.
Hammer down the second straight, rubbing all the way to intersections #2 and #3.
Swing it around the high banked curve, and push as hard as you can through intersection #4, then #2.
Deftly shoot  around that final curve, and hope you can hold out through intersections #3 and #4.
Do it over and over as long as it takes.         
When everyone is finished,  smoke a cigarette, watch a Purple video, or write about the experience in RaceClimb's Race Report.   ;D   

Purple44

I like your track design Zeb. We keep this up, we going have a custom track pack full of good figure 8 tracks maybe some day. :)

St. Jimmy

I just had to :D
Join WreckFest Discord!

Contribute to the WreckFest wiki!

i7 2600K @ 4,7GHz
GTX 1070 8GB
16GB CL9 2133 MHz
750W PSU
Win7 Ultimate 64-bit
Fanatec CSR

Purple44

Is that a clam or a pair of lips?  ;)

This track work good in Flatout 2 with a suicide part down the middle!  be even more funner with 20+ players online or 23 AI offline. :D

Just got remember, first turn to the right. That what I tell guys when I'm hosting this track. Hmm, but with your startpoint, first turn to the left.

Jump tp 8:46 to see figure 8 track I refer to.

Zebulon55

Thanks for the comments.  :D
I was hoping someone would say "That track looks like a Hard One" or perhaps Hugh Jardon might comment.   ;D

Zebulon55

Race Track Builder is $60 on steam, so maybe we'll be able to "whip out" one of these fine tracks soon.   8^p

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk

Daystar

Race Track Builder is $60 on steam, so maybe we'll be able to "whip out" one of these fine tracks soon.   8^p

Hi Zeb,.. Can we get a link to the Developers Community/Message base please!
I would like to analyze how the discussions are going. Thanks.

Purple44

Hi Zeb,.. Can we get a link to the Developers Community/Message base please!
I would like to analyze how the discussions are going. Thanks.

I got links at the  Race Track Builder  thread.  ;)

Gommy1996

The ovals in game are huge. +1 for 382 metres = 0.2 miles long or less

Arena Essex, Mildenhall, Ipswich and Stoke? Just a guess while im bored haha
Intel Core i7-4790 4-Core 3.6GHz | Zotac 4GB GTX 960 | Kingston 16GB DDR3 1600MHz | 2TB | Win 10 | Acer K242HL 24" | PS4 Pad

ireadtabloids

Replace tire walls with Fire Walls and we have ourselves a race track.
Gaming laptop
i7-4700MQ, 16GB RAM, 740m graphics/intel HD 4600, Win10.
Workstation: Xeon 1241-v3, 16GB RAM, 1050 Ti, Win10.

sam223

The ovals in game are huge. +1 for 382 metres = 0.2 miles long or less

Arena Essex, Mildenhall, Ipswich and Stoke? Just a guess while im bored haha

Guessed right :)
Dell U2515H 25",  i5-4690k @4.0ghz, 8gb ram, Zotac GTX 960 4GB, 120gb SSD, 1tb HHD, win 7, G25/Ps3 pad
Online Bangers:Wreckfest - https://goo.gl/AjDHU2

MSPORTBMW

I agree.....more small tracks..../ovals/fig8/multi crossovers.

Zebulon55

edit: I bookmark this thread into my custom track idea folder.  :)

Giving a rise to this old thread as inspiration for Purple44's figure 8 track pack. Some good ideas popped up in here. lol