Author Topic: Flat out 1 does not work on Windows 10  (Read 10724 times)

Flatgamer

I install this game with original install CD. Installation went smoothly but game not start. it says on the screen " Please login with administrator privileges and try again". I'm an administrator account and I have tried to compatibility mode and reinstall but the game does not start. :-*

Flat out 1 working well with Windows 8 64-bit.

Finsku

That's sad to hear. My last game's save isn't completed and I already upgraded my Windows to newest one. I'll later try to play FO1 to see does it work.

Flatgamer

Steam version works really well. I tested yesterday and no problems

AltS7

"Windows 10 Won’t Run Games Using SafeDisc Or Securom DRM"
Probably that's a reason. For those games you have to use cracked or legal DRM-free exe (can be extracted from russian patch 1.1 installer (ftp://www.buka.ru/FlatOut_Patch_1_1.zip) . Sent you PM.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 11:58:55 PM by AltS7 »

X

Probably that's a reason. For those games you have to use cracked or legal DRM-free exe (can be extracted from russian patch 1.1 installer . Sent you PM.

Tried this solution, a crack didn't work for me.
Guess I'll buy the games on Steam then.
(I don't mind doing that though)

Purple44

Probably that's a reason. For those games you have to use cracked or legal DRM-free exe (can be extracted from russian patch 1.1 installer . Sent you PM.

But Steam Flatout 1 is v1.0, has not been patched. :(
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

X

But Steam Flatout 1 is v1.0, has not been patched. :(

I don't see really any other way of getting it working. Trying to put in a cracked exe has no effect. (although I might need to check something out.)

Either way, I don't mind buying through steam even if that means only being patched to 1.0. I like playing it from time to time.
(and I don't mind buying it again, I've gotten more than my money's worth out of it.)

X

double-post. oops
« Last Edit: August 30, 2015, 05:37:53 PM by X »

Purple44

Can pickup Flatout 1 cheap when it goes on sale. I just check and you in luck, FO1 on sale.

-75%   $7.49    $1.87   WEEK LONG DEAL! Offer ends in 35:20:48

http://store.steampowered.com/app/6220/

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

X

Picked it up and installed it just now.
I feel like playing through the stock game for a few hours right now.

Only thing I'm concerned about is putting in patch 1.1 (I don't know if it'll work, probably)

Bobby Koticks

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this here, but you can use this modified FlatOut executable to run the game on Windows 10. It's been stripped of DRM that Windows 10 won't run. Works perfectly well.

FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files

Fixed Files]http://www.gamecopyworld.eu/games/pc_flatout.shtml#FlatOut v1.1 [MULTI5] Fixed Files

:-*
my opinions are facts