Author Topic: Steam EA - Grip (Rollcage spiritual sequel)  (Read 6707 times)

Purple44

There a new Build out for GRIP:

GRIP Update 1.0.8 is now live!

Can now get an early access version of GRIP at Steam for $16:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/396900

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfPRVRIQ1uM

I wonder if they are turning out content faster than slugfest'? errr excuse me.. Wreckfest?                                       .
looks fun, I might be interested in it.

Be warn there no multiplayer or wheel support at this time, but are plan to be put into GRIP eventually.
Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Daystar

I wonder if they are turning out content faster than slugfest'? errr excuse me.. Wreckfest?                                       .

Be warn there no multiplayer or wheel support at this time, but are plan to be put into GRIP eventually.

Should be no problem considering my internet is so slow... so single player mode is no prob for me. also, my momo pc wheel gear is in Livermore, California so that's a no go... I am staying old school (keyboard) for a bit. works perfectly with Wreckfest, which I am really glad ofcourse.  have a cool weekend Purple!

Purple44

Should be no problem considering my internet is so slow... so single player mode is no prob for me. also, my momo pc wheel gear is in Livermore, California so that's a no go... I am staying old school (keyboard) for a bit. works perfectly with Wreckfest, which I am really glad ofcourse.  have a cool weekend Purple!

Working graveyard tonight, so off to take my 2 hour nap and then get 2 hours of online with Wreckfest before heading off to work.

I have not play much yet. Waiting for wheel support. I mainly bought in early to help make sure GRIP get develop. I remember playing Rollcage and love that the car can land on it top and keeps going!  :D

I can wait for final version, but I will checkout online and see how well the Caged Element Devs did with my Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts thread.

Multiplayer?

Quote from: Purple44;412448158164965428
If you are planning on doing online multiplayer, I suggest the Devs give my Multiplayer Do's and Don'ts thread over at Bugbear forum a read. Just one wrong decision can kill off online racing 2 months after release day. :(

You get online right, online multiplayer can thrive for years and help sell a few more copies of a racing game. Like it did for Flatout 2 and GRID 1.  :)

Quote from: Fate;412448158166576050
Dev
Thanks Purple44... all good food for thought, thanks for sharing.

Cornkid

I use x360ce to map buttons on my g27, should probably work on a DFGT wheel.

Purple44

You can map the steering buttons to your steering wheel? And gas and brake pedal work separately?

Cornkid

You can map the steering buttons to your steering wheel? And gas and brake pedal work separately?

Yep, you just use x360ce to set up bits of wheel and pedals to emulate the buttons that are set to 360 pad.

Available at
http://www.x360ce.com/default.aspx

grab the 64 bit version, unpack it to game folder in steam-

steam-steamapps-common-grip,

then when folder is open it goes in -

grip-binaries-win64

it will ask to add 2 files when you open x360ce from there , hit yes, then for me the gas/brake were on correct buttons and steering is on the left thumb trigger, you can adjust sensitivity of wheel and add other buttons as needed.

Good luck, post back if you need more help ;)

Purple44

Thanks Cornkid.  :D :D

I got around to downloading the x360ce_x64 version today. Ran x360ce_x64.exe from the E:\Steam\steamapps\common\Grip\Grip\Binaries\Win64  folder. Let program do it create thing, to get the xinput1_3.dll file and it made a x360ce.ini file.

I stayed with the stock x360ce.ini that was made, started GRIP and it work. :)

I did not like the button assignments for handbrake and look back. So I change the button assignments to the buttons I use in Wreckfest, in x360ce and save a new x360ce.ini file. Now I'm happy camper. :)

Had to change some the sensitivity controller settings to get the wheel to turn fast enough. Not to bad now. And I found out you don't need the x360ce_x64.exe program running after you happy with the x360ce.ini file. You just start GRIP and my wheel still working.  :o

Again thanks Cornkid for the help.  :D  :D

Cornkid

Glad I could help purp.

I quite like the wheel when playing this game, I have weapons on paddle shifters and it works well.

Purple44

Another year gone by, GRIP still getting develop.  :)  New update got release last week:

NEW Vehicle, LAN support, tutorial mode and other improvements - GRIP v.1.2.1

I have not followed development of GRIP much. I just wanted to see the game made and waiting for final version and wheel support in-game.

Has anybody here gone online with GRIP? If so, can you tell me if there text chat online? Got pic of the online lobby?

Telekill

I loved Rollcage and would definitely pick this up if released on PS4. Is this a PC only release now given its current state?

Purple44

I loved Rollcage and would definitely pick this up if released on PS4. Is this a PC only release now given its current state?

There was mention of plans for PS4 during the Kickstarter:  PS4 version?