Author Topic: Is there anything still missing in Multiplayer mode?  (Read 4915 times)

Purple44

Here a repost of some ideas from DD-Indeed:

This is what have been discussed too, a lot. This game is all about multiplayer; It's already a hit among the players, devs should see it too, they have a ''goldmine'' in their hand with it. I understand, that they did a huge job to bring us that multiplayer to be played, but it hasn't developed any further ever since. So now would be time to at least add these things to it:

-Permanent Ban
-Ability to see banlist and maintain it
-More stable server process and maintaining (It's currently buggy and unstable, it's been suspected, that it has memory leak or catche-issues, that causes a lot of trouble, like server crashes, console input bugs, etc, etc. Sometimes the CPU usage shoots up to 90 % because of it, and that's really alarming.)
-Ability for Mod to change track and gamemode (currently, they only can kick people out, that's rather pointless isn't it ? But they shouldn't be able to touch the server name, message or the password.)
-Mods, Admins and Host should be never thrown out of the lobby, if they forgot to press ready (they only should be put to Spectating-mode. It's frustrating, that you can't have a break, without being part of the game, you'll always be thrown out, if you're not participating)
-Console should log itself, especially, in case of crashing.
-Ability to select multiple performance classes for the cars (Currently, we absolutely hate it, when people come into derbies with lawnmowers, they spoil the whole idea of derbying, by turning it to ''bowling''. We just would wanna put them out from the gameplay, they're caused more harm than fun.)

Flatout Joint, where the mods were.

i5 2500, 8GB, Nvidia 660 960, SB Recon, Win 10 or Win7 64bit, DFGT Wheel

Purple44

bump

Hope Bugbear still checking this thread. We did get a few the suggestions put into Wreckfest. :)

DD-Indeed

Here a repost of some ideas from DD-Indeed:

This is what have been discussed too, a lot. This game is all about multiplayer; It's already a hit among the players, devs should see it too, they have a ''goldmine'' in their hand with it. I understand, that they did a huge job to bring us that multiplayer to be played, but it hasn't developed any further ever since. So now would be time to at least add these things to it:

-Permanent Ban <--- Ban same player 3 times to make it permaban
-Ability to see banlist and maintain it
-More stable server process and maintaining (It's currently buggy and unstable, it's been suspected, that it has memory leak or catche-issues, that causes a lot of trouble, like server crashes, console input bugs, etc, etc. Sometimes the CPU usage shoots up to 90 % because of it, and that's really alarming.)
-Ability for Mod to change track and gamemode (currently, they only can kick people out, that's rather pointless isn't it ? But they shouldn't be able to touch the server name, message or the password.)
-Mods, Admins and Host should be never thrown out of the lobby, if they forgot to press ready (they only should be put to Spectating-mode. It's frustrating, that you can't have a break, without being part of the game, you'll always be thrown out, if you're not participating)
-Console should log itself, especially, in case of crashing. <---- It's currently logging yes, but there's no crash info about the reason or anything.
-Ability to select multiple performance classes for the cars (Currently, we absolutely hate it, when people come into derbies with lawnmowers, they spoil the whole idea of derbying, by turning it to ''bowling''. We just would wanna put them out from the gameplay, they're caused more harm than fun.)

Overlined the things, that are not relevant anymore. :)

Facial_Burns

Maybe a more complete version of the sprint cup so we can setup tournaments easily maybe a 5-6 race sprint cup
My steam group where u can always find some friends on NCG
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/WRCserver
My NCG discord server
https://discord.gg/010U99akJwUY82yjk

Basic pc specs:
16gb ram
Amd athlon FX 8350 8 core
nividia gtx 970
gigabte motherboard
3tb hdd
windows 8.1 pro

Zebulon55

Woke this thread from a 4 month nap. :o

It's probably been mentioned already, but it would be nice for dedicated servers to have simple majority voting on tracks and on bots, so that if someone happened into a lobby alone, with no admin, they could have some control over the server, and they might stay there and play alone with bots for awhile in hopes of having people join in. Being the only person on a racetrack or a derby is no fun.

Being able to find an online game with live players might improve online activity overall.

Mopower

I'm still waiting on last team standing derbies.
i like to honk to make my worse air
This is why we can't have nice things.

MSPORTBMW

Agreed with zebulon55

Purple44

Not missing, but was reminded again tonight when we did some team racing, I think the sorcing is in need of some tweaking. Here a post I did awhile ago:

I think it time to talk about how team racing getting scored ( not team derby scoring, that might need a new thread ). I think it can use a little tweaking. What you guys think? I'm liking this mode online.  :D

Here a post I just did over here, but think we need an online thread about team racing scoring:

BEST *Single Player* mode... hands down. Has got to be...

Yeah... I need to look up the point system. 
The first car starts at 7 or 8 (cant remember exactly) and the points go down quickly after 3rd place.   Single points do not ever really help.  I will need to play more to get a feel of the point system (or just search on it around here) but the cars in the middle deserve more than 1 point.  There should be 'group' breakdowns where 1, 2 and 3rd place get higher points - but then cars in the middle should get something like 3 or 2 points for a while... then the last 4 cars or so should get 1.    The single point rewards start too early.

I will have to look this up.

Ya I agree there should be more points given to players in the middle of the pack when they finish a lap. Ive only done team racing online.

Maybe the points can scale to how many players start the race and break up the scoring  into 3 groups: top, middle, bottom.

6 or less - Top 3, B3

7-8 players Top 3, M1-2 , B3

9-14 players - Top 4, M2-4, B3-6

15-20 players - Top 5, M4-7, B6-8

21-24 players - Top 6, M7-9, B8-9

I do like when you in the bottom half, you can score extra points by wrecking the other team's cars!  :D

I've been taking the blocker roll online with the Sedan on oval races. :)

Right now only the top 5 players a lap score more than 1 point. I think the scoring should be adjusted ( depending on how full the server is ) where about half the players score more than 1 point. So players in the middle can feel they are helping to build up the score.  The bottom half players can be busy trying take out the leader and wrecking other team's car for points.

Purple44

Bump. I sure hope Bugbear will give us a 5 second delay reset and is redoing the team racing scoring before they release the new beta Build.

jquitwho

I seem to be a little late to the party...
It would be great to be able to host a tournament. An actual tounament.  Participants could "buy in" with their game funds and there could then be good winnings for the top 5 or 10.  Or a buy in with winner takes all! If you're not 1st... Or an invite only tourney where the host could give payouts/prizes to the players out of his/her game pocket.

Special thanks to Purple44 for starting this post and all of the great replies!

blazngun

Like the tournament idea. Problem with "buying in" to a race is that its too easy to milk the currency, whether through mods or using the mowers on figure8, so negates any meaning of budget.
Simxperience Accuforce Pro Wheel    Fanatec CSP v2's
Custom Ebay  hydraulic handbrake with Bodnar BU0836-LC
Sabertooth 990fx w/ 8350    Thermaltake 750w PSU    
16GB Corsair Vengeance       GTX-760 Ti 4GB

BenDover

Something we should need now is a better way to handle servers with installed mods. (Maybe even rework the whole mod system to work better with the servers?)

If you wanna join a server that have mods, you join the server and the mods are beeing downloaded when you join just like others game like CS for example.

For me, I want to add some tracks to my servers maybe but then ppl need to go and try to find those and many wont do that, why not make it simple and you just download what you need and then just play.

Clean and fair racer, but dont make me mad ;)
Clean Racer? Head on over to BenDovers NCG Group - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BensNCG#

Nvidia GTX 760, AMD FX-8350 8-core, 16 ram DDR3, Crosshair v forumla-z,